PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

mjs
10-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Received Uwe's postcard of the University building in Leipzig yesterday and Matt King's "Legs" today. I haven't been this excited over the mail since I was a kid! They're setting a high bar for photographs!

Mike

piu58
10-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Today I received Matt Kings' wonderful card "Legs". My wife (teacher of Biology) enjoyed it too. The toniong enhances the subject very well. Thank you!

kraker
10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I also received MattKing's "Legs". Not quite what I had anticipated when you gave away the subject of your card :errm:, but... a very nice shot, interesting subject, and indeed, the toning adds to the overall look of the photo. Well done.

mjs
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Received Peter's postcard of the $3 All Day parking lot. Sympathetic and contrasting shapes along with brilliant tones make this one a lot of fun!

Mike

ozphoto
10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
First card of the round to reach me is Uwe's Leipzig Library. I really like the juxtaposition of the old and the new. And your embossed signature is very cool as well!

anikin
10-16-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm back from the post office. My cards are in the mail.
I have received a few cards from this round already. I will post my comments a bit later when I have them in front of me. However what I've seen so far is very inspiring!

piu58
10-18-2012, 04:37 AM
Yesterday I found Peter Schrager's card in my letterbox. Great shot! Everybody should drive a Volskswagen Käfer at least for one day (3$).

ozphoto
10-20-2012, 04:36 AM
Two more cards arrived this week:

MattKing's "Legs" and RST's "Paris Football" - two great cards that certainly turn their titles on their heads!

Peter Schrager
10-22-2012, 06:54 AM
thanks for the nice comments...everyone should do the postcard exchange...truly a fun project!!! have an amazing day everyone !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

afrank
10-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Mine are on the mail, I expect fast delivery within the EU.
So far recived some spectacular cards from:
pin58
anikin
Mattking

Ty!

BoxBrownie
10-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Posted all mine this sunny Queensland morning.
All the best
Steve (BoxBrownie)

anikin
10-24-2012, 08:19 PM
So far, here's my catch of postcards from this round:

Rudiger's Soccer over Paris. This is something totally surrealistic. How did he get the ball there and what was he doing? This is something amazing. I also love the separation of tones of the guy from the background. Just superb!

Uwe's, University of Leipzig. I agree with Rudiger, the card looks much bigger than it's real size. I'm not sure how you got that effect. I like the unusual composition of the statue with the modern building.

Peter's All day $3. Great retro look! You've got an eye to see an unusual angle to ordinary scene. Looks great.

Matt's Legs. A super-amazing macro. I've taken my share of spider shots, but getting such detail on three of them in one macro is very-very-very difficult. Love the composition!

Ozphoto's TV Tower. Great color and patterns. I like it very much.

That's all so far. Very impressive beginning of the round!

Mike Wilde
10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Well, like Box Brownie said yesterday, Mine are in the post this morning.

Except he said sunny morning, which in Queensland starts about 4am.

I was up early thinking about a new project that I fly out of town to start on today.
Don't you love it. Want to be sharp so you get to bed at a decent hour, and then at 4:30am your brain wakes you with thoughts bouncing all over the place!!!
So I got up, got the prints off the drying rack, labelled, stamped, and walked them to the post box. At 5am. all was still dark and foggy.

At least no kucabura calls waking me up like those damn birds did at first light when I was living in Brissie.

ozphoto
10-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Another card arrived this week - Peter's All Day $3 (been a long time since that held true in AU!!)

Kav
10-25-2012, 11:10 AM
I just got back from California yesterday from a month long trip. I rushed over to the post office to pick up all of my held mail. Once I got in the truck I pulled out all of the postcard and admired them.

$3 All Day: I love the lines in this photo.

Legs: As soon as I saw it I thought two things: This has the be toned, and Man, I never see these things anymore. What happend to them. Such a cool photo.

Bridge of Glass: An abstract shot full of color and light with no up or down.

Canoe on the water: Large depth of field. Looks like a postcard for new England.

Soccer Over Paris: An entertainer entertains a large crowd of people with some high flying antics. Although there is one person in the photo that seems they couldn't care less about the show. Interesting contrast to the crowd. Goes to show you can't please them all.

I still have to pick a negative. I goofed and double exposed the photo I shot for the round, but I still have tons of negatives I will be developing here soon. I should be able to get one out of those.

Looking forward to see what comes next.

mjs
10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Got two today: afrank's charming "Sweet Child of Mine" and Ozphoto's "TV Tower, Berlin, Germany". Two distinct subjects, styles and approaches, both of which are wonderful.

Even more wonderful, here's a phone snap of the address label of one of them:

Impressive that it got here, eh? :) OK, I know... :laugh:

Mike

afrank
10-26-2012, 05:52 AM
@mjs WOW really? I guess I will write them by hand next time or use some super glue! Hope others also get theirs without the issue!

mjs
10-26-2012, 09:28 AM
@mjs WOW really? I guess I will write them by hand next time or use some super glue! Hope others also get theirs without the issue!

There obviously isn't enough address left for it to have gotten here so it must have come off in the mailbox or on the way into the house. I actually looked for it but couldn't find the rest of the label.

I would like to hand-write all of mine as that seems more "post card-y" to me but 30 of them! I haven't decided yet... I surely won't hand write them all at once. :)

Mike

ChristopherCoy
10-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Sorry guys, I'm slow getting going. I hope to photograph a haunted plantation in Louisiana this weekend and I'll get my cards done on the next week or two!

Oxleyroad
10-27-2012, 12:08 AM
I too am a bit slow. Shot my photos last weekend, processed the film, now just got to make the prints. Going for prints off B&W reversal film...