PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

George Nova Scotia
11-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Hi folks how are we doing? I hope to get in the darkroom this weekend if all goes well. Fresh paper arrived a week ago so should be good to go.

Cards received so far:
Afrank "Sweet Child of Mine"
Ozphoto "TV Tower Berlin"
Drpsilver "Happiness Is.."
Peter Schrager "$3 a day"
Anikin "Colors and Forms"
MattKing "legs"
Piu58 "Leibnitz"
RST "Soccer over Paris"
Mike Wild trio of old papers.

All greatly appreciated.

ChristopherCoy
11-12-2012, 09:16 PM
So far, I've received:

Soccer Over Paris - I love this shot, and how the people blend in with the buildings in the background. Very nice!
River Elbe - Very peaceful! Reminds me of the Brazos river here in Texas. (I also enjoyed your personal embossed signature. Nice touch!)
$3 All Day - I enjoyed the 'vintage' feeling of this one, brought on by the VW bug in the background.
Colors & Forms - I LOVE this shot. I've worked with hot glass in the past, so not only can I appreciate this as a photograph, I can appreciate the subject matter as well. Great capture!
Sweet Child Of Mine - Nice emotion in this one. The curiosity of the kid really translates to the viewer well.
TV Tower - I really enjoyed the geometric patterns in this one.
Legs - Creepy! But almost abstract too. At first glance the insects almost look like cracks in glass. I also enjoyed the texture in this one.
Floating Leaf - I thought it was a feather at first! This nearly looks like a night sky!

I went to the post office today to mail mine, but forgot its Veterans Day here in the US and the post office is closed. Looking forward to getting these in the mail tomorrow!

ChristopherCoy
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Mine went out today.

I also received Jim17x's "Speedy" today. What a great shot! Especially since I just picked up my own Anniversary Speed Graphic and can't wait to take my first shot!

JimO
11-14-2012, 11:09 AM
my cards are on the way - i had fun producing them!

jvo

Fozzle
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Received my first card today, "Speedy" from Jim17x. A beautiful photo, camera and print. I look forward to the rest of them.

I'll be sending mine next week and I'm a little nervous because the quality of Jim's is so high. Fingers crossed!

piu58
11-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Yesterday I received two very fine cards.
- Speedy from Jim17x. Especially I like the old flash.
- Hapiness is.. from Darwin, with philosophical content.

Thank you!

Oxleyroad
11-15-2012, 03:19 AM
At last my prints are done. Will address and post over the weekend.

ChristopherCoy
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Just checked the mail and I received Jimo's "Beer Can Building" card. Wow! That building just pops!!

Jenni
11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
So far I've gotten postcards from 8 people on my list, I love them all... Well except for "Legs" I'm not fond of spiders, but the picture is cool. Anyway, I'm sending my cards off tomorrow. Very sorry it's taken me so long. I hope you all like them and if anyone wants details about one of the images, please let me know and I'll be happy to supply them. Have a good night!

Kav
11-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I got the post card "Speedy" in today. I love this shot. I'm pretty partial to the subject. I love to use the things depicted in it.

I'm back home for a few days, and developed the shots I wanted to pick from for this exchange. So I think I will take a negative with me when I leave town again tomorrow and make my post cards on the road. I think I should be able to get them out before Thanksgiving.

kraker
11-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Hi all,

Short update: I printed my cards yesterday.

I will write and address them over the next few days; I expect to send them before the end of the week.

I've received a few more cards since my last sign of life over here. I'm currently geographically seperated from them, so I will comment on them another time. All I can say right now is that I enjoy all of them.

mjs
11-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Printed! Took longer than I thought -- too many candidates, it took a while to choose between them. I chose a photograph I've tentatively titled "Skin Tight". I'll get them addressed tomorrow and in the mail on Friday.

Mike

George Nova Scotia
11-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Finally. The last batch is drying and all my cards should be at the post office tomorrow. Took a while to make the choice but I finally did.

How's everyone else doing?

mooseontheloose
11-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Sorry for the delay folks! I've had a lot of wonderful cards come in, which I'll comment on soon. I do hope to have my cards done this weekend...it's just been a crazy two months for me and this is the first time in a long time that I'll actually have time to myself to be able to catch up on stuff.

I'll let you know when they are in the mail!

piu58
11-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Two more great cards!
Music in the street from Christopher Coy. I never got such a war tone from ilford postcard paper!
Madonna from Mark Harvey(and Annika of course). Gret print! My wife enoyed it too.

mjs
11-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Mailed today! This has been a lot of fun and I hope to participate again.

Mike

George Nova Scotia
11-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone, nice to know what happening. I made it to the post office today so my cards are on the way. I've received a few but haven't been near the mailbox for a few days (road construction) - hopefully I can get to it tomorrow. So more updates to follow.

Jenni
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM

Jenni
11-23-2012, 05:35 PM
I used my husbands address labels. But it's from me . Glad you like it!

Two more great cards!
Music in the street from Christopher Coy. I never got such a war tone from ilford postcard paper!
Madonna from Mark Harvey(and Annika of course). Gret print! My wife enoyed it too.

ozphoto
11-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Jenni's card arrived in BKK today. An interesting portrait that has some lovely tones - (I'm sure the postman got a kick out of it too;)).