PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

JimO
12-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Speedy by jim17x - a real classic!!!

3 Chairs/under the overpass/no homeless problem/"i'm ignoring you"/left out/thoughtful by ????

life in the dark by rince

it's nice to enjoy peoples work, insight and passion.

jvo

hoffy
12-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Just went through the "Naughty or Nice" list. Seems we are about 8 short so far, half have checked in to let us know what's happening. It would be nice to hear from the last four. Just too let us know you are okay.

Seasons Greetings,

I must admit that I am on the naughty list at the mo, so it looks like a lump of coal for me for Christmas (or, apparently, if they run out, you get an iPhone, which is a bugga. At least you can burn the coal.).

Anyhow, I have not forgotten, but my cards will be sent in the new year. I printed half of them last night, but with Christmas festivities coming up ( and a camping trip as well), I can't see me printing the remainder until the weekend of the 5th (unless I print tonight).

Sorry for the holdup.

George Nova Scotia
12-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the update Hoffy, I'll take you off the off the "really naughty list" for now. You'll be on the list with Kav (busy fixing NY) and the Bluejahs who have also checked in, but still have to make it to the post office.

If my notes are right we still have to hear from Black Dog, Kc2edh, and lorifrommontana. Anybody heard from them?

Kav
12-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Mine are done. I've been getting bounced across the US like its going out of style. But I did bring mine with me on my current trip and hope to have them get addressed and sent in the next few days.

George Nova Scotia
12-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Mine are done. I've been getting bounced across the US like its going out of style. But I did bring mine with me on my current trip and hope to have them get addressed and sent in the next few days.

Great news, Kav. I think you are safely on the "nice list".:)

MattKing
12-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the update Hoffy, I'll take you off the off the "really naughty list" for now. You'll be on the list with Kav (busy fixing NY) and the Bluejahs who have also checked in, but still have to make it to the post office.

If my notes are right we still have to hear from Black Dog, Kc2edh, and lorifrommontana. Anybody heard from them?

The Bluejehs have had a few very important things get in the way, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we will see cards from them soon, because there were a couple of test strips hanging in their darkroom the last time I was there that I probably wasn't supposed to see :whistling:.

hoffy
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Back again.

I finished last night! Whoo Hooo. If I get a chance today, I'll get some postage stamps and write them up while camping and get them in the post as soon as I can.

Cheers.

lorirfrommontana
12-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey all! I have not dropped off of the face of the earth! I will get my postcards out this weekend. Been busy with getting my life ready for grad school. Reading a lot! It was very nice to get some needed time in the dark room though!
Also I have so enjoyed everyones postcards!
Lori

George Nova Scotia
12-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Good news all round. Thanks for the updates, I believe that leaves only one person still to be heard from.

Looking forward to seeing the cards and sign up for round 28 starts next week!

ozphoto
12-28-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi all. I'm on holiday in AU just now, so any cards that arrive home in BKK will not be commented on until late February.
Looking forward to seeing some wonderful cards when I get back!

JimO
12-28-2012, 09:34 PM
moderating this process is more work than i'd like to handle... thank you george.

it's a great pleasure getting such wonderful cards, seeing everyone's hard work and getting challenged to do better... thanks.

jvo:D:D

George Nova Scotia
12-30-2012, 04:40 AM
Thanks, JimO. Really not much work just enough to keep things going.

Rachelle (Mooseontheloose)'s card made it here last week. Great card for the season, although I don't know how much nostalgia I feel today with a winter storm warning in the forecast here.;)

Oxleyroad
12-30-2012, 04:51 PM
11/27 in so far.

Sorry for the tardy responses to the postcards that have been arriving. Things about Oxley Road have been far more hectic this last part of the year, a lot more so than is normally the case.

Anyway to the postcards for which I have to say thankyou to each of you for.

Jim17x - Speedy. Speedly looks like he is loaded and ready to go off on the next news story.
jimo - Beer Can Building. This building just dominates the sky line, I bet that was just what the owners wanted.
Jenni - Lady. Such a light (thin) paper and it survived the postal services perfectly intact. Very soft image, seems to draw you in
Christopher Coy - Musician. I like the angle you have captured the musician from
kraker - Knobs and Knockers. I like the framing of this postacrd. There was a shop with the same name near where I live here in Melbourne, it closed down only a year ago.
mooseontheloose - December Morning. I would never have contemplated using Delta3200 in the snow, but this is just beautiful.
??? - Three Chairs. Isn't it great the way someone's unwanted item finds good use with someone else. You know what I did something similar about 20 years ago while on holidays in Turkey. I bought about 25 cards, put stamps on all of them and addressed them all up, nad then immediately posted them. At that instant realising I had written nothing on them. A week later I resent postcards to the same people.
rince - Life in the Dark. I cannot beleive the detail here in this postcard. I can almost touch the mushrooms.
George Nova Scotia - Tree. Looks like the tree is in a deep dark area of the forest.
mjs - Skin Tight. Damn how would the ladies get into those pants...
drpsilver - Happiness is a way of life. I like this photo a lot.

Happy new year to everyone, and I am definitely a starter in Round 28!

kraker
12-31-2012, 04:07 AM
Last week, in time for Christmas, I received mooseontheloose's Tinsel and Stars. Great timing. Lovely photo, the grain adds to the atmosphere (and is not too pronounced). Thanks for the card and your kind words, Rachelle. P.S.: love the Christmas tree stamp.

Oxleyroad
12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
19/27. I found another 8 postcards while cleaning up. Obviously I had put them somewhere safe so I would not loose them. Such a shame as I have missed out on comments from all who visit my place.

Mike Wilde - Three Prints. Mike I always look forward to your envelope of prints. It is a special part of the exchange as I never know what is inside.
BoxBrownie - Camden Bedroom. A blue toned print taken with a pinhole camera. A nice subtle image with so much detail
MattKing - Legs. We have little beasties just like this too, always about the house and garage, rarely seen in the garden. I like the oned colour but the image seems to be a bit flat - lacking in contrast?
piu58 - River Scene. What a peaceful place on the river. This postcard has sold this part of the world to me and make me want to chance the family travel plans again.
anikin - Colors and Forms. What a spectactular colour image. It will bring comment with all the others I am sure
Ozphoto - TV Tower. I really like this photo it captures what you wrote on the back of the postcard so well. The colours are just right in my eye.
rst - Soccer over Paris. Was this guy really playing with the football so high in the air. Another interesting picture that has to go out an join the others for comment from family and friends that call by my place.
Peter Schrager - $3 Parking. If parking parking was really this price here in Melbourne. I can see that the sign is made of a high quality long lasting material...

A new year has begun. Thanks to George for taking on this responsibility of managing the exchange. I really do enjoy the postcard exchnages and without Ruediger in the past and now you there would be nothing like this at all. Top Job, well done.

George Nova Scotia
12-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Now it's time to start a new year so:

Links are in my signature below.

JimO
01-01-2013, 01:38 PM
"winter morning" from rachelle moose on the loose - brrrhh....

jvo

Jim17x
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
I received "Yellowstone Park" today from lorirfrommontana..Thank you! Thats 19 of 26 cards received..

JimO
01-14-2013, 07:32 PM
rec'd "mammoth hotsprings" lorirfrommontana, made me realize it's about time for a trip to Yellowstone!

nicely done...

jvo.

MattKing
01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
I too received Lori's interesting "Mammoth Hotsprings" card. Thanks Lori, it was worth the wait!

Cards from 16 received, with 8 to come.

Thanks everyone.