PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

George Nova Scotia
01-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Two more cards have shown up on my desk lately.

mooseontheloose's "Winter Morning" arrived a while ago. Just like outdoors here.

Lorirfrommontana's "Yellowstone Park" Thanks very much Lori a different view than most I seen of this area. Best of luck with your studies.

Still a couple more out there, I hope they make their way soon.

bluejeh
01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
We posted our cards for round 27 on Thursday, 17 Jan. 2013.....hope you get them soon!
bluejeh & bluejeh2

hoffy
01-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Howdy,

Mine are still to come - I do apologise. They just need to be labeled and printed.

Cheers

MattKing
01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Three more cards have come in since my last comment.

mooseontheloose - “Winter Morning” - I missed commenting on this when it first came in. It is nice to see a Christmas image like this, and it is well printed too.

and then, believe it or not, the envelope from the bluejehs was already in today’s mail - is this a Canada Post record?

bluejeh - “Path through Trees” - I always like shots of trees :) - and this is a particularly good one. The lighting looks typically like winter light, here in the southwest corner of British Columbia where I and the bluejehs live

bluejeh2 - “Creek near Cultus Lake, BC” - This shot practically leaps off the paper - and it is of trees too! :)

Cards from 19 received so far, with 5 to come.

Thanks everyone.

mooseontheloose
01-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Rai's "National Palace des Invalides, Paris" arrived today. As always, I look forward to receiving your cards Rai, and this one is no exception! Like the "wild" (but muted) C-41 colours!

kraker
01-22-2013, 12:28 PM
I have received cards from:
rai, Palace des Invalides, don't worry about the delay, this was worth waiting for. Lovely shot, "wild C41", haha! Would like to know more about your handmade pinhole camera.
Lorirfrommontana, Yellowstone, another nice shot.

Amazing "score", I've received 19 out of 20 so far, thank you all!

Jim17x
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
I receive 3 great cards today from bluejeh, bluejeh2 & rai.. Thanks for the great cards!

mjs
01-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Well, crud. Had comments for most of the 24 cards I've received typed in and apparently made a "gesture" on the mousepad and it's all gone. *&$!% My old Thinkpad died Saturday morning and I got this new Toshiba but I liked the old Thinkpads with the nubbin mouse better than trackpads. *Sigh*

This was sparked by receiving three postcards today, from two Blujehs and Rai. Love 'em all but Rai, my wife confiscated your card for her own collection and says that if I behave myself I can look at it every once in a while. :)

Anyway, it's bedtime for work tomorrow. I've received cards from (in no particular order,)

Lorifrommontana, Fozzle, Kraker, George Nova Scotia, mooseontheloose, rince, Oxleyroad, Jenni, afrank, BoxBrownie, drpsilver, jimo, ChristopherCoy, Jim17x, Ozphoto, Peter Schrager, anikin, MattKing, piu58, Mike Wilde (3), Blujeh and Ed Higham, Rai and, of course, mjs (me). Next time I'll do comments in text and then paste them into a forum post.

Thanks! It's been delightful!

Mike

piu58
01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
I got two more wonderful cards form Judy an Ed Higham. I love these landscape photographs!

kraker
01-24-2013, 04:28 PM
I have received two beautiful landscape photographs from bluejeh and bluejeh2. No reference as to which round they belong to, but if it is round 27, then I am in your debt. I checked my sending list for round 27, but you are not on it. I'm a bit puzzled, but... well, let's not dwell on that too long, let me just thank you again for two great cards! I have now received 21 out out 20 cards :blink:.

bluejeh
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi Jacco
We had signed up for the max for Postcard exchange #27, but when I checked my address list against the list on the APUG website, I noticed you were not on it, so I got your address from the last round and sent you our postcards! I may have misunderstood the rules, but not to worry, you are not in our debt. :)

piu58
01-26-2013, 04:19 AM
> signed up for the max ... address from the last round

Even if you signed in for the max that does not mean that you have to send a card to everybody. Because some of us (me!) don't sign auf for the max it does not come out even this way.

George Nova Scotia
01-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi Jacco
We had signed up for the max for Postcard exchange #27, but when I checked my address list against the list on the APUG website, I noticed you were not on it, so I got your address from the last round and sent you our postcards! I may have misunderstood the rules, but not to worry, you are not in our debt. :)

As Uwe said, we can run out of pairs before the "MAX" or even some of the higher numbers a met. However, I don't believe there is any "rule" that says you can't send extra cards, so feel free. :) BTW your cards have arrived safely on the east coast!

BoxBrownie
02-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Here are the most recent cards I received. Some of them I got back around Christmas but I've been moving house and my internet connection is frustratingly bad so I've not been in the mood to post on APUG. Anyway I'm back now...

MooseOnTheLoose - lovely christmas-y pic. Nice grain and soft focussed parts. Makes me want to try some Delta 3200.

Music in The Street - from Houston (the name smudged off in the rain). Nice skewed angle (don't see enough of this imo) which adds dynamism to this photo - very suitable for the subject.

From South Bend USA - label fell off this one I think. No details on card.
Very curious picture. Strange shaped display dummies. My eye keeps being drawn to the shrivelled up tights in the background.

James O'Gara - Beer Can Building
Sharp and contrasty cityscape. Love the clarity.

Oxleyroad - Old New Windmill
Atmospheric country/rustic scene taken with a classic camera on Shanghai GP3 (which I am planning to try). The out of focus trees in the background give the photo a dreamlike feel abd contrast well with the windmill in the foreground.

DRPSilver - Happiness...
Very solid, clear print. Love the message. I keep it next to my monitor as a little pick-me-up. Reminds me of an Atget storefront shot. Wonder how it would have looked without the polariser - not as clear obviously but I do like reflection in a photo (kind of 2 images for the price of one).

Raimundo Civera - a colour pinhole photo. Wide angle Paris hisorical building. Crazy colours (looks a bit lithy) but effective.

ozphoto
02-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Just to update you all - I'll be back home in BKK on the 28th, so will comment on any cards I've received since December 24 when I get back. Looking forward to seeing what the postman has delivered - so much better than bills! :)

Mike Wilde
02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Sorry for the long delay of these R27 comments. I got too side tracked fixing up boy scout gear to get it ready for the spring over the Christmas holidays, and these cards did not get noticed until I went to file away extra prints of my R28 images.

Bluejeh Judy – Quite the mystical feeling this image leaves me with. Like a scene in my mind out of the Hobbit sort of. The receding path is quite nice. The day this was shot looks rather overcast, and that is likely what makes the path pop. It would be neat to see the contrast of where your eye is pulled at this scene on a sunny day.

Bluejeh2 Ed, soothing water in the foreground, and the leaning trunk of the tree channels the spirit of some primordial indigenous canoe of the past to me . Nice micro tonality in the texture of the tree bark, an muted representation of the leaves. A nice low key image.

Lorifrommontana- Yellowstone – The mountains in the background in this image have an almost painterly feel, where some great being has shaped them with some giant brush. I like the way the image is framed to make the near, mid-ground and background sit as near thirds. I could have done with a bit more pop in the print, that a higher contrast filter might have produced.

Rai – Well I saw Les Mis and I really enjoy the feeling that your image reinforces. It takes away some of the pain of listening to Russell Crowe ‘sing’(and I use that word very loosely here) his role in that movie.

MattKing
02-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Two more cards have come in since my last comment.

Black Dog - “The photograph Announces...” - A nice, subtle colour print with a postcard backing - excellent use of “negative space”

Rai - “National Palace des Invalides, Paris” - Another colour print! This one though uses colour for special effect in a pinhole image of a building with character

Cards from 21 received, with just 3 (hoffy, Kav, Kc2edh) to come.

Thanks everyone.

MattKing
02-24-2013, 05:51 PM
And another card received:

hoffy - "Edison Cylinder Recordings" - Interesting and printed in a way that suits the subject perfectly - well worth waiting for.

22 received, with just 2 (Kav, Kc2edh) to come.

Thanks everyone.

hoffy
02-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Hey, good to see that it has made it around to the other side of the world! I was starting to worry!

ozphoto
03-01-2013, 04:29 AM
Arrived in BKK late last night, to a cornucopia of postcards from rounds 25, 27 & 28!! For round 27 I received:

Black Dog - “The photograph Announces...” - An interesting effect, that keeps me wanting to know more about what the images are.
Rai - “National Palace des Invalides, Paris” - Love the colour effect on this image. It suits the subject beautifully.
Lori's - "Yellowstone Park" - one of the places on my bucket list for next time I'm in the US. Nice leading lines from the sand to the mountains behind.
Bluejeh - "Path through Trees" - the trees as a canopy over the path, add an air of mystery to the image. "Where am I, and where does that lead?"
Bluejeh2 - "Creek near Cultus Lake BC" - I love images like this, and the blur on the water makes the spot feel even more serene. (Your paper choice has me thinking of grabbing some to try, as it reminds me of paper from the 50s.)

Only 4 outstanding from yet another super round: afrank, hoffy, Kav & Kc2edh