PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Shawn Rahman
04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
This was a lively forum until recently!

Delays are understandable so long as we know where the cameras are. So for right now, it is time to locate the Leica.

flatulent1
04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Have you looked in the back seat?

Shawn Rahman
04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Have you looked in the back seat?

Gee, Fred - I didn't see THAT one coming!

Marc Akemann
04-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Somehow, I figured out that the camera is either with technowizard or on its way there. Technowizard: please chime in and let us know how things are going! I'll send you a PM.

Camera #1 - Leica Mini-Zoom
rcam Portchester, NY
walbergb Manitoba, Canada
the banana Manitoba, Canada
MattKing BC, Canada
John_NikonF Duvall, WA
edibot42 Half Moon Bay, CA
technowizard Los Gatos, CA (Camera last seen on its way here)
k_jupiter San Jose, CA
mooseontheloose Kumamoto-ken, Japan
flatulent1 Shoreline, WA
tron_ Shelby Township, MI
FilmSprocket Pinckney, MI
Newt on Swings Brooklyn, NY
Shawn Rahman Whitestone, NY

Any new news yet? Was the Leica mailed to technowizard12? If so, did technowizard12 receive it? Is technowizard12 still with us? Stay tuned for another edition of "Traveling Cameras Less Traveled" or "As Our Camera Gently Weeps" or "Sheeps & Chickens - It Makes No Difference"...:wizard:

walbergb
04-22-2013, 08:02 PM
"Sheeps & Chickens - It Makes No Difference"...:wizard:

It does if you are a sheep or a chicken:p

Marc Akemann
04-22-2013, 09:46 PM
It does if you are a sheep or a chicken:p

Ah, yes...good point!

-Marc

Shawn Rahman
04-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Ok, I got the camera and took my two shots over the weekend. Should be off to technowizard12 soon.

Eric,

Just trying to locate the Leica, so if you are reading the boards, we need to know if you still have the camera or if it is off to technowizard12. I'll send you a PM also.

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn Rahman
04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Aw, in fact, I thought taking shots of Christmas decoration on Boulevard Haussmann !:munch:

@Shawn : Thanks, PM to rst sent !

Raphael,

Any word from rst? Let's allow another week, and if no response, then we can get in touch with "kraker" in the Netherlands.

Appreciate your patience in holding the camera until we find a taker!

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn Rahman
04-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Meanwhile...some comic relief:

I am a certified Divorce Mediator in NY State, and recently came across a case-study where the divorcing couple agreed to mediation on (among other things) a professional photographers' photo equipment. The soon-to-be ex-wife wanted the camera & studio equipment even though she had no interest at all in photography. Obviously she was going after the guy's livelihood, but he treated it like she was going after his manhood. The guy just would not give up his equipment even though it sounded like he wanted to get rid of his wife at any cost, and basically agreed to split everything else.

I chuckled about it and thought he was being a jerk, but then started thinking about whether I would be so quick to give up my prized camera to my wife if she wanted it?

That's a tough one.

Dr Croubie
04-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Think of an analogy: what if the guy was just a regular office-worker? would she want half his chair and desk and such? (hey, if anyone wants to marry then leave me, she can take all of my coworkers, please?)

walbergb
04-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Let see: divorced with no photographic equipment. Can I interest you (i.e., ex-photographer) in a sheep or a chicken?:laugh:

Marc Akemann
04-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Meanwhile...some comic relief:

I am a certified Divorce Mediator...

Oh, the stories you could tell!

Regarding the couple and the camera equipment, unless there was a heap 'o sentimental value, one can always get another set of equipment. Seems like if he really wanted out,...hell, pack it all on a sheep and let her have the photo stuff! Here ewe go, honey!

Raphael
04-24-2013, 02:53 AM
Hi Shawn,

Raphael,

Any word from rst? Let's allow another week, and if no response, then we can get in touch with "kraker" in the Netherlands.

Appreciate your patience in holding the camera until we find a taker!

Regards,

Shawn

Yes, even several words ! :) We are in touch, and I got his address.

The delay is only mine, I am struggling for finding right weather, light condition, and time gap in my working schedule for my second shot.
I am not happy with my first shot, to say the least, so I would try to be more careful with the second.
If all get right, the camera will be off at the end of this week.

Sorry for abusing your patience !

Best regards,

Raphael

Steve Smith
04-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Think of an analogy: what if the guy was just a regular office-worker? would she want half his chair and desk and such? (hey, if anyone wants to marry then leave me, she can take all of my coworkers, please?)

If anyone wants to marry and divorce me, she can have half of my overdraft. All of it if I'm in a generous mood.

Steve.

Shawn Rahman
04-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi Shawn,

Yes, even several words ! :) We are in touch, and I got his address.

The delay is only mine, I am struggling for finding right weather, light condition, and time gap in my working schedule for my second shot.
I am not happy with my first shot, to say the least, so I would try to be more careful with the second.
If all get right, the camera will be off at the end of this week.

Sorry for abusing your patience !

Best regards,

Raphael

Raphael,

No problem at all for the delay! The camera is safe and in good hands. Please take your time with your shots - it will be worth waiting if the pictures are good in the end.

Regards,

Shawn

k_jupiter
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Well technowizard12, when you read the board (I am not in the mood to go camera bogarter hunting yet) the offer stands for a beer in Los Gatos to transfer the camera to me. How 'bout a nice IPA down at C.B. Hannegan's?

tim in san jose

edibot42
04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Eric,

Just trying to locate the Leica, so if you are reading the boards, we need to know if you still have the camera or if it is off to technowizard12. I'll send you a PM also.

Regards,

Shawn

It was indeed mailed to technowizard12 a few weeks ago.

-Eric

Shawn Rahman
04-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks, Eric - greatly appreciated.

We'll wait another few days to see if technowizard chimes in. I just sent him a PM. If not, we'll wake the camera hounds (or, as Tim calls them, the camera bogarters).

Simon - if you're reading this: take the free beer and hand off the camera!

Regards,

Shawn

technowizard12
04-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Hey all,

Sorry about that. I just finished taking my shots this week. I'll be sending out the camera this weekend.

k_jupiter
04-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey all,

Sorry about that. I just finished taking my shots this week. I'll be sending out the camera this weekend.

DON'T send it out! I live in Sunnyvale. I have kids who live in Los Gatos. Call me. I'll send phone number via private message.

tim in suburban san jose