PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

k_jupiter
04-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Blends...

(shudder!)

Ya, I have a drinking problem. I can't afford GOOD scotch. Lagavulin is about $80 a bottle.

Once you have Lagavulin, you never go back.

I just think of blends as a different drink. All is good.

Raphael
04-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Hmmmmm... Some things from Ireland are really HOT but whiskey isn't one of them... :pouty:

Have you certain Irish chick in mind ?

Or scottish ?

Cheers,

Raphael

k_jupiter
04-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Have you certain Irish chick in mind ?

Or scottish ?

Cheers,

Raphael

Chick????

Hmmm... A certain accomplished Irish photographer of the female persuasion with infinite class, intelligence, and bearing?

tim in san jose

lxdude
04-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Blends...

(shudder!)

I'm not a rich man. If I could, I'd be tipplin' a bit o' the 10-yeahr-old aqua vitae daehrn' the week, the 16-yeahr-old on the Sundays, and the 21-yeahr-old ev'ry day of a saint!

lxdude
04-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Chick????

Hmmm... A certain accomplished Irish photographer of the female persuasion with infinite class, intelligence, and bearing?

tim in san jose
And polka-dot-undies?:joyful:

flatulent1
04-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Due to the newly screwed-up state of alcohol sales here in WA State, our vast selection of fine whiskies has dwindled down to an assortment of Canadian blends. I'm staring at a pair of bottles of blended Canadian whisky right now: Crown Royal (gag!) and Pendleton, which actually ain't bad. Last week I choked down a bottle of Seagram's 7 Crown, and while I was able to finish it, I won't be going down that rutted and potholed road again. My favorite, Cragganmore, shot up in price from $45 to over $80 when we misteakenly passed the Costco-sponsored liquor privatization law last year. Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Talisker, all gone beyond my means. Balvenie Portwood (another favorite) isn't even available around here anymore.

Uninformed voters suck. So does Crown Royal.

lxdude
04-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Hmmmmm... Some things from Ireland are really HOT but whiskey isn't one of them... :pouty:

tim in san jose
It's truth you're speakin'! Irish Whiskey is sweet and smooth, an' cool on th' throat!

k_jupiter
05-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Due to the newly screwed-up state of alcohol sales here in WA State, our vast selection of fine whiskies has dwindled down to an assortment of Canadian blends. I'm staring at a pair of bottles of blended Canadian whisky right now: Crown Royal (gag!) and Pendleton, which actually ain't bad. Last week I choked down a bottle of Seagram's 7 Crown, and while I was able to finish it, I won't be going down that rutted and potholed road again. My favorite, Cragganmore, shot up in price from $45 to over $80 when we misteakenly passed the Costco-sponsored liquor privatization law last year. Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Talisker, all gone beyond my means. Balvenie Portwood (another favorite) isn't even available around here anymore.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

k_jupiter
05-01-2013, 01:40 AM
And polka-dot-undies?:joyful:

Well... yeah.

John_Nikon_F
05-01-2013, 03:15 AM
The chickens in the shot I posted are Barred Rock and what's usually referred to as easter egger chickens. They produce blue and green colored eggs, whereas the Barred Rock chickens produce the usual brown eggs.

-J

Steve Smith
05-01-2013, 03:23 AM
It's truth you're speakin'! Irish Whiskey is sweet and smooth, an' cool on th' throat!

Irish and Bourbon = good.

Scotch = good for cleaning paint brushes in.

Steve.

Shawn Rahman
05-01-2013, 08:56 AM
ROAD TRIP!!!!!

And for no better reason!

lxdude
05-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Steve.

Not the good ones, I hope!

Raphael
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Irish and Bourbon = good.

Steve.

Ouch! I beLIEVE that wars was triggered for much less than that ! :munch:

thebanana
05-01-2013, 08:48 PM

Crown Royal and Seagrams 7 are rye whiskey's, not to be confused with single malt Scotch or Irish whisky. It is meant to be drunk with lots of ice and some coke, rarely straight up. Hopefully it was at least cheap :)

Shawn Rahman
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I've been drinking Maker's Mark for 20 years almost exclusively. For no good reason. I simply must try new things.

Hard liquor trumps poultry every time! Let's keep the conversation going.

lxdude
05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
It is meant to be drunk with lots of ice and some coke, rarely straight up.

I've known a few people who thought that about themselves...

meant as a rye comment...

flatulent1
05-02-2013, 01:15 AM
I prefer my single malts neat, though (prompted by reading whiskey reviews) I occasionally splash some spring water in just for a change. Seagram and CR are rye? I had no idea. They needed a larger splash of water to make them palatable; toilet water worked well for that. When I was in my early 20s I got roaring drunk once on rum and coke; now I cringe whenever someone suggests that diabolic brew. I use Makers Mark for cleaning out my pipes. Woodford's Reserve is the only bourbon I've found drinkable.

Shawn Rahman
05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
... I use Makers Mark for cleaning out my pipes. Woodford's Reserve is the only bourbon I've found drinkable.

I've been eyeing Woodford's Reserve forever. Will try it soon.

Shawn Rahman
05-02-2013, 11:46 AM
When I was in my early 20s I got roaring drunk once on rum and coke; now I cringe whenever someone suggests that diabolic brew

I had a similar episode in my misspent youth, but with Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. Makes me cringe and vomit just thinking about it. So does thinking about the girl I ended up with that night, but that's another story entirely.:cry: