PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Dr Croubie
05-06-2013, 10:39 PM
My ex gf's mum keeps chickens, she's always had a tradition of giving them old-lady names. One year we got 4 and named one each (me, my gf, her mum and step-dad). I instantly thought "i want to get a Barnavelda and name it Esmerelda". Guess what? When they got the chicks, we drove up to their house, the step-dad had already named his Esmerelda. Damn his ESP. So I named mine Agatha, as in Agatha Crispie, that poor bird spent the rest of its life being called "Crispy Chicken".

zsas
05-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Although Tim claims that it is not possible, I think it is. And here is my lame attempt to do so. I think it all comes from someone in this exchange using German language. "sending something by mail" in German is "etwas per Post schicken" and there you have it, some poor soul forgot about the 's' in schicken and so it got chicken. :whistling:

Cheers
Ruediger

Wow, I am new round here, and taking part in my first "Let's all shoot one camera" and I thought is was based on the old adage, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". I love that it based on a semantic nuance...haa

Well I guess I should add a chicken comment. We had chickens when I was a kid. Great times! One of the best names of the many chickens we had was Plain Pig and Orange Pig. Both hens couldn't stop eating, one was drab and gray (Plain Pig) the other was drab and gray but with a little orange on her feathers (Orange Pig)......I know, not as funny as the rest of you are....but oh well, gotta add my chicken namess to the thread....I've tons more :)

rst
05-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Ham is Schinken in German. Now that you have the camera, you have to sacrifice a ham.
And the 'Sch' is not pronounced like in School but rather like "Shinken". OK, keeping that in mind here comes my ham duty:

There is some kind of martial arts called Ken Shin Kan (I think) and I once saw an advertising poster where they wrote it wrong and advertised a sport called Shin-Ken. Well when I saw it I thought THAT might be an interesting kind of sports to punch ham and then afterwards ... eat it? And if I think about competitions where the fighters are introduced in the ring ... think of: "Welcoooooooooooooome Heinriiiiiiiiiiiich the ham hammer Schmidt!" ... oh no, I should stop here, it is not easy to play with words in a foreign language. But at least I could contribute something about ham :whistling:

I will chicken the camera to the next one on the list in the next few days as I took the images last weekend ... Oh, just to make sure that I did it right everyone was supposed to take 10 images?

Cheers
Ruediger

lxdude
05-07-2013, 02:46 AM
... oh no, I should stop here, it is not easy to play with words in a foreign language. But at least I could contribute something about ham :whistling:

Well done...

Shawn Rahman
05-07-2013, 09:50 AM
I will chicken the camera to the next one on the list in the next few days as I took the images last weekend ... Oh, just to make sure that I did it right everyone was supposed to take 10 images?

Cheers
Ruediger

Ruediger,

If you took ten shots, then please put down that ham sandwich and chicken yourself over to the nearest film store and buy another roll for us!

rst
05-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Ruediger,

If you took ten shots, then please put down that ham sandwich and chicken yourself over to the nearest film store and buy another roll for us!No, I took two shots as I wrote. :whistling: Sorry, internal IT folks joke ... There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

But honestly, I took two images, one with the main subject in the middle and one where I did not press the shutter too hard to be unable to reframe after focusing :pouty:

But here is another chicken ...

Ken: How do you like my new camera.
Barbie: It is chic Ken.

OK sorry, that was another lame one too. I will stop this now. Promised!

Cheers
Ruediger

kraker
05-07-2013, 10:12 AM

The next one on the list, would that happen to be me? Or did I miss any updates of http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1482147 ?
Anyway, I'll start thinking about the 00000010 shots that I am supposed to take.;)

rst
05-07-2013, 10:17 AM
The next one on the list, would that happen to be me? Or did I miss any updates of http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1482147 ?
Anyway, I'll start thinking about the 00000010 shots that I am supposed to take.;)Yes, as far as I can tell you are the next on the list. May the chicken be with you.

Cheers
Ruediger

lxdude
05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
OK sorry, that was another lame one too. I will stop this now. Promised!

Lame perhaps, but you were able to pullet off.

rst
05-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Lame perhaps, but you were able to pullet off.Hah! That is a good one. :laugh:

Cheers
Ruediger

lxdude
05-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, as far as I can tell you are the next on the list. May the chicken be with you.

Cheers
Ruediger

Thanks for chicken on that.

mooseontheloose
05-07-2013, 07:16 PM
The word chicken has lost all meaning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL_-1d9OSdk

lxdude
05-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Fascinating! It's so much more clear now! I don't feel like such a dumb cluck now.

rst
05-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Fascinating! It's so much more clear now! I don't feel like such a dumb cluck now.Yes, especially at the end, the chicken to the last chicken in the chicken and chicken section made it all clear. :D

I wonder it there is a similar research going on about ham.

Cheers
Ruediger

flatulent1
05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Not ham; I've been working with sheep for several months.

Raphael
05-08-2013, 09:52 AM
The word chicken has lost all meaning:

I find this fascinating too :blink:. Is this a kind of real company management experiment ? To test how people would react to an insane drivel presented in powerpoint form ? I guess the probability someone reacts is in reverse proportion of hierarchical level of the speaker :D

If I wouldn't be afraid of being throwed in psychiatric hospital, I would try this presentation at my next annual IT department reporting...

k_jupiter
05-08-2013, 02:34 PM
If I wouldn't be afraid of being throwed in psychiatric hospital, I would try this presentation at my next annual IT department reporting...

I bet you are just chicken. I mean you don't have the nerve, that's just a poulet way to say it.

tim in san jose

lxdude
05-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Not ham; I've been working with sheep for several months.

Oh, you've been "working" with them. And all this time I thought you were just screwing around!

Raphael
05-12-2013, 06:38 AM
I think I'm going to get a chicken and name it Attila the Huhn.

Maybe I'll get a cow and give it a German name, too. I think that would be Kuh.

I think the Kuh-Cow is better suited to a Swiss breed or at the limit to a Schwarzwald one...

Ahem... well, the thread is rather spleepy theses times... :whistling:

k_jupiter
05-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Hey all,

Sorry about that. I just finished taking my shots this week. I'll be sending out the camera this weekend.

Well... THAT hasn't happened.

10 miles (16 KM) separate the current user and I. He has my address and my phone number. My daughters live in the town he lives in.

This crap has to stop.

tim in san jose