PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

k_jupiter
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
I understand now.

I have the Camera. The One Camera that rules all other cameras. The power of the Camera is strong. I don't know if I'll be able to give it up. To feel the Camera is to love the Camera.

The Camera...

The Camera...

The Camera...

The Camera...

lxdude
06-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Cut four squares of sulfurised paper, about 30x30 cm (12"x12")

What is sulfurised paper?

I mean, can you describe it, and what it does?

flatulent1
06-02-2013, 12:33 AM

Try here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sulfurized+paper)...

:whistling:

lxdude
06-02-2013, 08:16 AM
OK Fred:policeman:, I'm busted:redface:. I do have some "sulfurised paper", so I guess I'll have to try that recipe.

Raphael
06-02-2013, 03:43 PM

You can try Multigrade IV souped in Tetenal Sepia toner :D

Sorry, probably the term "baking paper" would have been of better understanding ! Thanks for your question, anyway :)

lxdude
06-02-2013, 05:53 PM
No problem. Over here, it's called "parchment paper", though "baking paper" would have made sense too. I look forward to making the French chicken recipe.

I'm pretty sure that to Fred, French chicken means something different than it means to the rest of us.:whistling:

thebanana
06-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Precious.....

I understand now.

I have the Camera. The One Camera that rules all other cameras. The power of the Camera is strong. I don't know if I'll be able to give it up. To feel the Camera is to love the Camera.

The Camera...

The Camera...

The Camera...

The Camera...

Raphael
06-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Do they have to be French Coconuts?

Yes, of course, Martinique or Guadeloupe coconuts.. :p

Naw, in fact, I am joking.

We are dependent on the coconuts bring back by African swallows each spring.

k_jupiter
06-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Yes, of course, Martinique or Guadeloupe coconuts.. :p

Naw, in fact, I am joking.

We are dependent on the coconuts bring back by African swallows each spring.

That's impossible. Airspeed and all that...

Shawn Rahman
06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
I understand now.

The Camera...

The Camera...

The Camera...

The Camera...

I worry about you, Tim. Was this a dream?

Or an orgasm?

Shawn Rahman
06-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Aaaah - a strangely refreshing week of absolute silence! I didn't think this crew was up to it!

I have a new left shoulder as of last week - I got tired of my old one and tore it to shreds. One handed typing (and everything else) sucks big time, btw. The narcotics are helping.

I thought I'd come back to see major progress. Anyone know where the cameras are?

Rick A
06-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Aaaah - a strangely refreshing week of absolute silence! I didn't think this crew was up to it!

I have a new left shoulder as of last week - I got tired of my old one and tore it to shreds. One handed typing (and everything else) sucks big time, btw. The narcotics are helping.

I thought I'd come back to see major progress. Anyone know where the cameras are?

Holy crap Shawn, I personally know how that feels, had both my shoulders rebuilt, my left was the worse(result of a dog attack). Oh ya, I'm left handed and learning to do everything right handed was interresting to say the least.
Get well soon, and as to the cameras, they'll show up(they always eventually do), and try not to rely on the meds, you'll regret it later. I found that ice packs work better than drugs.

kraker
06-12-2013, 08:16 AM
No new shoulder here, the most noteworthy event last week was an unintended and failed attempt to cut off the tip of my left index finger with a pair of garden scissors. Note to self: no more gardening in the dark. Continuing on the left/right handed theme of Rick, I did notice after the event that I'm not as right-handed as I thought I was. Anyway, still seems like a very minor incident compared to getting a new shoulder, so: good luck to you, Shawn!

As for the whereabouts of the cameras... The Olympus was last seen a week ago on Monday, when I handed it over to a lady at the post office. And YES, she was standing on the other side of the desk, YES, she was in a uniform of sorts, NO, it was not just a random customer. Haven't heard of it since, although the track and trace system tells me that it has arrived in Denmark. Arrived, not neccessarily delivered. Waiting for more news.

mooseontheloose
06-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Apparently the other one is on its way to Japan....I'll let you know how that works out!

k_jupiter
06-12-2013, 03:12 PM
In spite of Moose's best laid plans, the box with the camera has not left the building. I'll attempt to find time tomorrow to mail it off. It is safely packed with Moose's address on and in it.

THE CAMERA...

tim in san jose

Raphael
06-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Apparently the other one is on its way to Japan....I'll let you know how that works out!

What ?! :blink: Are you sure ? And no news from Tim ?
Someone has checked how he is doing ? After becoming so scrawny and so ... bald.. And thoses big eyes...
So, I understand someone managed to get The Camera out of his claws^W hands...

thebanana
06-13-2013, 08:20 PM
In spite of Moose's best laid plans, the box with the camera has not left the building. I'll attempt to find time tomorrow to mail it off. It is safely packed with Moose's address on and in it.

THE CAMERA...

tim in san jose

Let it go. I know it's hard, but it's for the best......

lxdude
06-20-2013, 01:31 AM
By the silence here, I assume all is going well...

kraker
06-20-2013, 03:40 AM
By the silence here, I assume all is going well...

I even assumed round 9 was already finished. Where do I sign up for round 10? :whistling:

Shawn Rahman
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I even assumed round 9 was already finished. Where do I sign up for round 10? :whistling:

You know you just cursed us, don't you?