PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

lxdude
07-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Shawn,

ftn is the said abbreviation for "fortnight" (If I believe the Wikipedia page about the FFF system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFF_system))
For ftm it's for "fathoms" units !

Best regards,

Raphael

If you can fathom it, remember to convert "fortnight" to "fartnight" for Fred's part of its journey!

John_Nikon_F
07-12-2013, 10:38 PM
If you can fartom it, remember to convert "fortnight" to "fartnight" for Fred's part of its journey!

FTFY hehe

-J

mooseontheloose
07-13-2013, 02:43 AM
If you can fathom it, remember to convert "fortnight" to "fartnight" for Fred's part of its journey!

I'm glad I got the camera first then!

flatulent1
07-14-2013, 12:54 AM
I had an interesting experience a few years back. I had received a shipment from B&H, emptied the goods from the box, and was deflating the airbags. Caught a distinct whiff of corned beef. It's a shame the air intake on that machine wasn't a few feet lower...

lxdude
07-14-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm glad I got the camera first then!

Best to not be after Fred in the odor-uh, order. The last person who followed him was aghast!

k_jupiter
07-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Best to not be after Fred in the odor-uh, order. The last person who followed him was aghast!

I checked the records. Thee was no one named aghast involved in 'We all shoot one camera'.

tim in Baltimore.

Shawn Rahman
07-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Nicholai: It seems you have the camera (Olympus Stylus). No hurry or worry, but we need to hear from you. We just need to confirm you have the camera and hear your plans to take your shots.

Team: Shall we give Nicholai a week before the rains start?

Here is the current list for the Stylus:

Camera #2 - Olympus Stylus Epic
Sile Ireland
Raphael Plougastel, France
rst Oestringen, Germany
kraker Breda, The Netherlands
nicholai Denmark ← Camera is most likely here.
Steve Smith Isle of Wight, UK
M.A. Longmore Hartsdale, NY
jnanian Warwick, RI
Rick A Emporium, PA
Jim17x Worth, IL
zsas Crystal Lake, IL
ambaker Poplar Bluff, MO
toro_mike Englewood, CO
cdholden, Nashville, TN

Raphael
07-19-2013, 05:01 AM
Nicholai: It seems you have the camera (Olympus Stylus). No hurry or worry, but we need to hear from you. We just need to confirm you have the camera and hear your plans to take your shots.

Team: Shall we give Nicholai a week before the rains start?

The problem, if we curse him with the old 40-days-of-rains malediction, he will have even less opportunities to take his shots ! :(

Steve Smith
07-19-2013, 05:03 AM
nicholai Denmark ← Camera is most likely here.
Steve Smith Isle of Wight, UK

Looks like it might get lost on its way to me again... at least it won't be my fault... this time!

Steve.

Raphael
07-19-2013, 05:26 AM
Hi Steve,

Have you informations about Nicholai has actually posted it to you ?

REgards,

Raphael

Steve Smith
07-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Have you informations about Nicholai has actually posted it to you ?

No. I haven't had any contact. I assume I should be contacted before it is posted to confirm my address.

Steve.

Shawn Rahman
07-19-2013, 07:45 AM
No new shoulder here, the most noteworthy event last week was an unintended and failed attempt to cut off the tip of my left index finger with a pair of garden scissors. Note to self: no more gardening in the dark. Continuing on the left/right handed theme of Rick, I did notice after the event that I'm not as right-handed as I thought I was. Anyway, still seems like a very minor incident compared to getting a new shoulder, so: good luck to you, Shawn!

As for the whereabouts of the cameras... The Olympus was last seen a week ago on Monday, when I handed it over to a lady at the post office. And YES, she was standing on the other side of the desk, YES, she was in a uniform of sorts, NO, it was not just a random customer. Haven't heard of it since, although the track and trace system tells me that it has arrived in Denmark. Arrived, not neccessarily delivered. Waiting for more news.

This appears to be the latest mention about the Stylus' whereabouts. From mid-June. If Nicholai received the camera, it would have been several weeks ago. I've sent him an IM and will send an email tomorrow.

Methinks the rains are coming. We used to have the hounds ready to go for something like this.

kraker
07-19-2013, 08:09 AM
This appears to be the latest mention about the Stylus' whereabouts. From mid-June. If Nicholai received the camera, it would have been several weeks ago. I've sent him an IM and will send an email tomorrow.

Methinks the rains are coming. We used to have the hounds ready to go for something like this.

Indeed, I seem to be (for the moment) the last one on this forum to have held the camera in my hands.
Before sending it off, I exchanged a few PMs with Nicholai, each answered within a few days at most.
After sending it, and letting him know I did, I have heard nothing. Well, that's not true, he acknowledged my PM that it was on its way. Nothing since.

lxdude
07-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I checked the records. Thee was no one named aghast involved in 'We all shoot one camera'.

tim in Baltimore.

Aye, thou art speaking truth. I am not named aghast. And true it is, I am not a part of the Great Endeavour, but as a dog, which doth bark and make noise at sheep which do kneel for the one who barketh and maketh noise not from his mouth.

k_jupiter
07-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Aye, thou art speaking truth. I am not named aghast. And true it is, I am not a part of the Great Endeavour, but as a dog, which doth bark and make noise at sheep which do kneel for the one who barketh and maketh noise not from his mouth.

Where the helleth is the chicken in that quote?

lxdude
07-19-2013, 03:40 PM
I am grateful to thee for thy words of question, for I indeed disfavor'd the fowl.
Find below, it made right.

Aye, thou art speaking truth. I am not named aghast. And true it is, I am not a part of the Great Endeavour, but as a dog, like unto one which doth bark and make noise at sheep which do kneel for the one who barketh and maketh noise not from his mouth, and which sheep are spare'd only if such man as who stinketh hath first choke'd the chicken.

Raphael
07-19-2013, 04:08 PM

:D ROTFL ! "...maketh noise not from his mouth". Excellent !

I think immediatly about medieval English when seeing "thee", I wish I could wrote something funny on this line but I don't masterize the language enough.

Methinks we shalt talk soon about the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antiochus ! :D

k_jupiter
07-19-2013, 06:11 PM
:D ROTFL ! "...maketh noise not from his mouth". Excellent !

I think immediatly about medieval English when seeing "thee", I wish I could wrote something funny on this line but I don't masterize the language enough.

Methinks we shalt talk soon about the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antiochus ! :D

I suspecteth you hath masterized many other things. Thee king of masterization.

tim in san jose

lxdude
07-19-2013, 06:52 PM
I suspecteth you hath masterized many other things. Thee king of masterization.

Be that otherwise known as the choking of the chicken?

k_jupiter
07-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Be that otherwise known as the choking of the chicken?

I might think that be the cloaking of thine chicken faire or fowle.

tim