PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

analoguey
07-25-2013, 02:18 AM
You should instead volunteer an M7 with Noctilux. And send it to me first.

:whistling:

Hahaha. How I wish. Would an Rb67 do? :-P

- via tapatalk.

mooseontheloose
07-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Some good news and bad news...

The good news is: I know where the camera is -- it's in my house.

The bad news is: I know where the camera is -- it's in my house.

Some Japan Post guy came to my door tonight (I was expecting my package from Amazon) and after a fairly convoluted discussion in Japanese (which I really don't understand), we were able to determine that JapanPost has figured out that there is some kind of "machine" in my package (a.k.a. "the camera") that has a battery in it, which is apparently very dangerous ("security very very"). So looks like I'll have to remove the battery in order to get it out of the country. I suppose I could just keep it in the box, outside of the camera, but I have a feeling I'd just get another knock on the door reminding me of the very very security risk I have on a package covered in Hello Kitty stamps.

So there'll be a slight delay (I'll get it out tomorrow or this weekend), and I guess I can be pretty confident that the x-rays they used to scan the package will have erased the beautiful, but rare, three-horned Japanese unicorn (smaller than the regular kind, of course) that I managed to capture in the bamboo grove at my university.

Shawn Rahman
07-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Rachelle - your post made my day. Sounds like a funny encounter you had with the JapanPost guy. And what personal service, too!

Please take as long as you need! Also - send it to Fred without the battery. I'll send a replacement battery to him so it is ready for him by the time he gets the camera.

Finally - don't worry about the rare Unicorn not showing up. We can always photoshop her in. :bandit:

flatulent1
07-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Hm, you'd think they'd know what a 'camera' is...

Shawn, I have a few 123s scattered about, no need to post me one.

Three-horned UNIcorn... Wouldn't that make it a TRIcorn? Or am I confusing it with a Revolutionary War-era hat of no practical use?

Raphael
07-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Also - send it to Fred without the battery.
Fred is working without battery ? So on what kind of energy he is relying to post ? Solar ?
If I dare, I wouldn't even venture that is can be of course... natural gas ! :whistling:

Raphael
07-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Some good news and bad news...

The good news is: I know where the camera is -- it's in my house.

The bad news is: I know where the camera is -- it's in my house.

It's OK, as long as the camera isn't on the loose in the moose's house...

Cheers,

Raphael

mooseontheloose
07-25-2013, 10:39 AM
It's OK, as long as the camera isn't on the loose in the moose's house...

Cheers,

Raphael

Well, it wouldn't be the only thing...

analoguey
07-25-2013, 11:37 AM
we were able to determine that JapanPost has figured out that there is some kind of "machine" in my package (a.k.a. "the camera") that has a battery in it, which is apparently very dangerous ("security very very"). So looks like I'll have to remove the battery in order to get it out of the country.

Haha. I guess everyone takes exploding iPhones seriously!
;-)

- via tapatalk.

MattKing
07-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Rachelle:

Did you ask if you could send the camera with a chicken installed? :whistling:

John_Nikon_F
07-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Haha. I guess everyone takes exploding iPhones seriously!
;-)

- via tapatalk.

Or exploding Macintosh computers - the PRAM batteries on the older Macs are notorious for exploding once they get past 10 years of age. Typically damage the motherboard enough that it can be a total loss.

-J

lxdude
07-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Rachelle:

Did you ask if you could send the camera with a chicken installed? :whistling:

If she did, I'll bet she looked sheepish.

lxdude
07-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Fred is working without battery ? So on what kind of energy he is relying to post ? Solar ?
If I dare, I wouldn't even venture that is can be of course... natural gas ! :whistling:

Talk about explosions...

Shawn Rahman
07-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Crazy idea:

So to try something new - when and if we ever get to that point - in addition to posting all the pics I thought we'd commemorate and share the results of this round by making contacts of the rolls and then scanning and sending a copy of the contacts to everyone by email.

D76 on glossy, then scanned and emailed to everyone. No cost to anyone; I'll take care of all of this.

And to go a step further, if the results are particularly worthy, we can make 16s x 20s out of 300dpi scans at $5USD a pop and mail them to whoever wants one. These will be inkjet (sorry!).

Nice way to have something for our efforts, I thought.

What do y'all think?

lxdude
07-26-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm just concerned about what a 16X20 of Fred's polka-dot Speedo would do to people...:unsure:

Shawn Rahman
07-26-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm just concerned about what a 16X20 of Fred's polka-dot Speedo would do to people...:unsure:

Dude - now I gotta go to bed with that thought in my head. Thanks alot!

lxdude
07-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Maybe you'd better just stay up- it beats having nightmares!

walbergb
07-28-2013, 06:16 PM
(I was expecting my package from Amazon)

And what was in the Amazon package--batteries?:p

cdholden
07-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Nicholai: It seems you have the camera (Olympus Stylus). No hurry or worry, but we need to hear from you. We just need to confirm you have the camera and hear your plans to take your shots.

Team: Shall we give Nicholai a week before the rains start?

Here is the current list for the Stylus:

Camera #2 - Olympus Stylus Epic
Sile Ireland
Raphael Plougastel, France
rst Oestringen, Germany
kraker Breda, The Netherlands
nicholai Denmark ← Camera is most likely here.
Steve Smith Isle of Wight, UK
M.A. Longmore Hartsdale, NY
jnanian Warwick, RI
Rick A Emporium, PA
Jim17x Worth, IL
zsas Crystal Lake, IL
ambaker Poplar Bluff, MO
toro_mike Englewood, CO
cdholden, Nashville, TN

It would be nice to see this camera show up again, but I have an old Yashica GSN rangefinder that I could put into action if the Stylus disappears into the ether... maybe just flip the list upside down and start with me... any thoughts?

Chris

Shawn Rahman
07-29-2013, 08:42 PM
It would be nice to see this camera show up again, but I have an old Yashica GSN rangefinder that I could put into action if the Stylus disappears into the ether... maybe just flip the list upside down and start with me... any thoughts?

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the offer, but Nicholai has the Stylus, and all is well. The camera should be on the move shortly.

Great idea to re-start with another camera, but where's the fun in that?

Regards,

Shawn

flatulent1
07-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Great idea to re-start with another camera, but where's the fun in that?

Regards,

Shawn

Adds to the confusion, of course! :laugh: