PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

lxdude
10-05-2013, 01:28 AM
In the meantime...

www.apug.org/forums/forum47/123385-ive-got-chicken-gas-now.html (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum47/123385-ive-got-chicken-gas-now.html)

Shawn Rahman
10-05-2013, 10:41 AM
We could always start Camera 10 while we're waiting...

Fred - soon enough, but not while we know the cameras in Round 9 are fine.

But I considered sending out a new camera (another Olympus) to the remainder of those on the Stylus list. I recognize that sort of defeats the purpose and spirit of shooting one camera, but let's give it some more time to see if we can get the Stylus moving again.

Marc Akemann
10-06-2013, 04:24 PM
9/30/13
I'm next to get the Leica and I'll be out of town until this Saturday night. Leaving first thing in the morning for a fall-trip in the U.P. of Michigan. My wife will let me know if the Leica arrives and, if I find a wifi connection up there, I'll let you guys know, too. : )

-Marc

I'm back from my trip. The Leica was not there to greet me when I arrived early this morning. What's up tron_?

-Marc

tron_
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Hey Marc,

The Leica is done (as in I'm done with it, not as in it's done done like RIP Leica). Could you please send me your address?

Thanks!
Suraj

Marc Akemann
10-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Okay, the Leica will be on the move again and I should have it by the end of the week. We're having almost perfect fall weather here in S.E. Michigan and the autumn colors are peaking...oh, but we're shooting Tri-X, right? Well, that's okay. : )

-Marc

Shawn Rahman
10-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Okay, the Leica will be on the move again and I should have it by the end of the week. We're having almost perfect fall weather here in S.E. Michigan and the autumn colors are peaking...oh, but we're shooting Tri-X, right? Well, that's okay. : )

-Marc

Marc,

Any update on the Leica?

Hope all is well.

Regards,

Shawn

Marc Akemann
10-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Marc,

Any update on the Leica?

Hope all is well.

Regards,

Shawn

Sorry, Shawn and crew. No camera yet. I was told the camera was going out on 10/9. Travel distance to my house from where it probably is now is only about 40 miles. That would translate to a 1-day delivery. Tron_ is probably busy...

-Marc

Rick A
10-16-2013, 05:30 AM
With such a short distance, you two should have met in the middle and had a beer.

Marc Akemann
10-16-2013, 08:41 AM
That subject was touched on (by me), Rick A, with no reaction to the comment probably because he said he was packing the camera that night (10/8) and shipping the next day. I'm so busy with work right now I can only hope to see it arrive in the mail very soon.

Later tonight, when I think I have a minute to breath, I'll research some of the old pagan chicken recipes we did with previous traveling cameras and see if that old magic still works. : )

-Marc

Rick A
10-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I'll sacrifice some wings on your behalf.

tron_
10-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Marc, I just shipped the camera out yesterday. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay on my end. Things have been nuts with my PhD lately and it's resulted with a few meltdowns with my advising board. Hope the camera reaches you today and happy shooting :)

Shawn Rahman
10-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Marc, I just shipped the camera out yesterday. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay on my end. Things have been nuts with my PhD lately and it's resulted with a few meltdowns with my advising board. Hope the camera reaches you today and happy shooting :)

Suraj,

All is forgiven, of course! This is terrific news, and it is great that you participated in the midst of all your personal chaos. Good luck with the dissertation, and when all is said and done - when you have the degree in hand - tell the advising board they can stick it up their you know whats.

Looking forward to the results of your two shots and having you in on the next round when your life is (hopefully) less mad.

Regards,

Shawn

Marc Akemann
10-18-2013, 12:10 AM

The Leica mini-zoom has arrived. Thank you, Suraj. I like the notes sheet. Key words like "museum quality", "action shots/shutter lag", "snow", "traffic jam", "foggy morning", "Speedo demonstration" & "street photography/Detroit" make it all pretty interesting. Can't wait to see the results from everyone!

I'll have the camera moving shortly.

:)

-Marc

Newt_on_Swings
10-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Nice! Now to think about what I should shoot with my 2 frames.

Shawn Rahman
10-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Nice! Now to think about what I should shoot with my 2 frames.

The Brooklyn Bridge? Never get enough of looking at it, and I have a view of it all day out of my office window.

On that note, depending on what the shutter count is, perhaps you and Marc can take 3 shots each. Don't want to seem unfair to the others, but it seems foolish to waste frames or film. Between the last three of us, we should finish the film.

Also, Steve - if you want to save on the packaging and mailing, I can meet you in Brooklyn or Manhattan for the Leica's final hand-off.

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn Rahman
10-18-2013, 07:55 AM
The Leica mini-zoom has arrived. Thank you, Suraj. I like the notes sheet. Key words like "museum quality", "action shots/shutter lag", "snow", "traffic jam", "foggy morning", "Speedo demonstration" & "street photography/Detroit" make it all pretty interesting. Can't wait to see the results from everyone!

I'll have the camera moving shortly.

:)

-Marc

What's the shutter count currently?

Shawn Rahman
10-18-2013, 07:59 AM
On the Stylus: After hearing from Nicholai about two weeks ago, more radio-silence.

In the spirit of democracy, let's put it to a vote: we can wait for the Stylus, or we can send out another camera (it is ready to go right now). What do y'all reckon?

Marc Akemann
10-18-2013, 08:28 AM
What's the shutter count currently?

The (Leica) counter displays '21', Shawn.

-Marc

tron_
10-18-2013, 11:23 AM
The (Leica) counter displays '21', Shawn.

-Marc

I'm afraid this has to do with me shooting only one frame. Didn't have a chance to go out and grab a second shot unfortunately. :p

k_jupiter
10-18-2013, 06:10 PM

I JUST cannot believe you would put your PhD dissertation issues ahead of "We all shoot one camera". Better vetting next time guys.

So where is the other camera? Greenland?

tim in san jose