PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

k_jupiter
12-30-2013, 05:40 PM

Makes me wish I was in Wicklow.

Síle
12-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Catch the next tumbleweed . . And come on over ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Shawn Rahman
01-01-2014, 06:14 PM

Tumbleweed? Really, Ms. Jackson???? I mean, it has hardly been over a year since we started :blink:.

Seriously - I've made several attempts to reach Nicholai in the past two weeks, and where he at least used to reply with apologies and a promise or two, he is very obviously playing the avoidance game right now. Such a shame, because in addition to the disappointment and tendency to make people lose interest in the project, this makes it difficult to trust the new participants who have not been APUG members for long.

It is not our intention or spirit to exclude anyone, but maybe we need rethink ways to minimize the risk of this happening. At least in the last round we had people who knew Ralph and gently prodded him to bring forth the camera. But Nicholai is out in Denmark and - I think - unknown to any one else here. If anyone knows any other forums where Nicholai lurks, let's collectively put some pressure on him to get this camera back if we can.

I've had a new camera loaded and ready to go to "finish" this round and circle back to the shooters on the list before Nicholai to retake their pics, but am wondering if doing that takes away all incentive and pressure for getting back the first camera. Not that that is happening now, but there's still hope as long we continue to press Nicholai and we continue with our effort as originally intended in this round.

I know participation on the forum has waned from lack of progress, but those who are still around - let's talk about some ideas, please.

Thanks all & Happy New Year!

Shawn

flatulent1
01-02-2014, 12:15 AM
It might be worthwhile to send the new camera anyway, if only to keep the European half interested in the next round.

toro_mike
01-02-2014, 11:32 AM
I agree that it might just be for the best to get a camera going again to get interest drummed back up.

I'd love to know what Nicholai's problem is. It's just mean to have the camera and refuse to get it going!

Rick A
01-02-2014, 02:09 PM
I have mixed feelings about starting a new camera. I don't want the first shooters to lose their shots,and not show up as part of the project. It's damned inconsiderate of Nicolai to jamb up the effort and leave us all in a lurch. If he's reading these posts, maybe he'll reconsider what he's done and move the camera along. Hey Nicolai, pull yer head outta yer arse and lets get going.

walbergb
01-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Maybe Nicholai sent the Stylus to Rick in Rochester, NY (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/126094-fs-olympus-stylus-epic-black.html) by mistake;). I'm joking, of course. Just a mere coincidence. Don't want anyone to get too excited one way or the other and overreact.

Rick A
01-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Maybe Nicholai sent the Stylus to Rick in Rochester, NY (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/126094-fs-olympus-stylus-epic-black.html) by mistake;). I'm joking, of course. Just a mere coincidence. Don't want anyone to get too excited one way or the other and overreact.

At least Holmburgers would know enough to get the camera back to us.

ataim
01-08-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm jumping in here to ask a simple question. I have not read ALL 75 pages of this thread, but is there a way to confirm by phone or PM that the next person in line is "ready" to have the camera? I know that sometimes time, money or life is an issue and a quick phone call or PM may help the process along. That would give the next person in line a chance to cancel or bow out. BUT having someone actually do what they say they are going to do is another matter.

On another note, I bought a Canon EOS 2000 with an 28-80 lens (auto focus doe not work) for ten bucks and would be wiling to donate for the next round.

walbergb
01-08-2014, 03:32 PM
is there a way to confirm by phone or PM that the next person in line is "ready" to have the camera?

Good point. It can be a long time from one's initial commitment to the time one actually gets the camera. In the meantime, life can happen. Having a timely chance to confirm that commitment or to bow out makes sense to me.

As for your future participation, I look forward to it:)

Shawn Rahman
01-09-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm jumping in here to ask a simple question. I have not read ALL 75 pages of this thread, but is there a way to confirm by phone or PM that the next person in line is "ready" to have the camera? I know that sometimes time, money or life is an issue and a quick phone call or PM may help the process along. That would give the next person in line a chance to cancel or bow out. BUT having someone actually do what they say they are going to do is another matter.

On another note, I bought a Canon EOS 2000 with an 28-80 lens (auto focus doe not work) for ten bucks and would be wiling to donate for the next round.

The answer to you very good question is, emphatically - yes. This rule has been in effect for the last several rounds at least, and in every case on this specific round, contact was made and the camera was only sent out when the next person affirmatively confirmed their continued interest in the project.

We'll keep our hopes up that the camera (and Nicholai) resurface soon.

Regards,

Shawn

Rick A
01-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Shawn, maybe you should put Nicholai's email out here in public so we can all send him a message as to how disappointed we are in him for holding on to the Oly. I doubt very much sending him a PM through Apug will do any good. I took the time to review both the threads concerning this round, and find it strange he only posted once in the getting ready thread and no posts in this one. According to the logs, he hasn't posted since may of 2013. If things don't get moving soon, I will send my Pentax IQZoom to the next person in line and we can resume rotation through the list.

MattKing
01-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Nicholai has an email address in his APUG "signature": nicholainissen@gmail.com

His profile info indicates that his last activity was in August of 2013.

I hope he is okay - and that the camera moves on.

Rick A
01-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Thank you Matt, by the time I finished reading all the pages I was plenty bleary eyed, and frustrated. I have sent Nicholai an email, and ask everyone else involved in this round to follow suit. Please keep it polite.

MattKing
01-11-2014, 11:41 PM
I just sent an email asking if we can help in any way.

MattKing
01-12-2014, 01:08 PM
And Nicholai responded by apologizing and promising to ship the camera "tomorrow if possible".

Here is hoping!

Síle
01-12-2014, 07:52 PM
And Nicholai responded by apologizing and promising to ship the camera "tomorrow if possible".

Here is hoping!

That's really fantastic news.. well done Matt, Rick and Nicholai.. fingers crossed?

lxdude
01-12-2014, 08:15 PM
That's really fantastic news.. well done Matt, Rick and Nicholai.. fingers crossed?

Maybe if you promise to send Nicholai something in return- say, something with polka dots? ;)

flatulent1
01-13-2014, 09:56 AM
You think he'd want a used speedo?

Síle
01-13-2014, 03:01 PM
A polka dot speedo? Now you're talking..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk