PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Rick A
01-19-2014, 08:24 AM
I am sorry to hear that jnanian can no longer participate in this round, a pity. I am happy that we are back in action, and eagerly await my turn.

Newt_on_Swings
01-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks to you, it is! Hope all is well, Steve.

I think it was good group effort and a bit of good luck with the postal service on getting it round and back in one piece!

It's been good, how about you shawn? You gotta try those calamari legs and the 32oz beers next time!

Raphael
01-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Well, it worked!

Mr Postman delivered the Olympus to me this morning.

Well, I should say I wasn't believing it anymore ! That a damned good news !

Special thanks to John for his successful lobbying, and I am very sad he decided to give up.

Thanks to Shawn, for keeping the things straight, and of course... Nicholai.

So, lets start joking again :munch:

k_jupiter
01-20-2014, 03:41 PM
So what the hell is wrong with John? I have known him through APUG for a long damned time and was hoping to see his contribution to our project. Perhaps he recognized he would not be able to resist the temptation of keeping the Olympus for himself?

Roll eyes... Well, move on folks, nothing more to see here.

tim in san jose

Raphael
01-24-2014, 06:18 AM

I thought first it was an animated gif of a chicken crossing the road...
...and possibly flattened by a "road-train"...

Síle
01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
I thought first it was an animated gif of a chicken crossing the road...
...and possibly flattened by a "road-train"...

Sadly not Raphael.. though after your description.. I almost wish it had been... so much more exciting than tumbleweed!

Shawn Rahman
01-27-2014, 03:42 PM
We are just waiting to hear from M.A. Longmore - the next on the Olympus list. If confirmation can't be had by this weekend, we will move on to the next participant and circle back to M.A. Longmore later.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Rick A
01-27-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm sooo excited, I can't wait until it's my turn to hang on to the Oly for six months.....

k_jupiter
01-27-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm sooo excited, I can't wait until it's my turn to hang on to the Oly for six months.....

Reminds me of quotes involving tracking and rabid dogs.

ambaker
01-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Where I originally came from, Oly used to be a decent beer. Now, there is only Oly and Lena jokes.

Going to have to think of new subjects for my turn, now that the kids are grown... :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good to hear its on the move, sad to hear John is out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shawn Rahman
01-28-2014, 06:18 PM

You got it, Rick. But I think if you REALLY try, you can come up with two shots between now and July.

We'll swing back to M.A. Longmore later, at his request. So here's the updated list, in case you're keeping track:

Sile Ireland
Raphael Plougastel, France
rst Oestringen, Germany
kraker Breda, The Netherlands
nicholai Denmark
Steve Smith Isle of Wight, UK ← Camera now here.
Rick A Emporium, PA
Jim17x Worth, IL
zsas Crystal Lake, IL
ambaker Poplar Bluff, MO
toro_mike Englewood, CO
cdholden, Nashville, TN
M.A. Longmore Hartsdale, NY
Shawn Rahman, NY

Shawn Rahman
01-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Steve (UK): Please make arrangements by PM with Rick A to send him the camera next.

BTW - Rick says he wants to keep the camera for 6 months. I drove through Cameron County in Pennsylvania once, and think he just might need 6 months to find something to photograph. ;)

k_jupiter
01-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Steve (UK): Please make arrangements by PM with Rick A to send him the camera next.

BTW - Rick says he wants to keep the camera for 6 months. I drove through Cameron County in Pennsylvania once, and think he just might need 6 months to find something to photograph. ;)

It IS out there. I grew up in Maryland and never heard of it. When I looked it up... I still never heard of it. When a trip to Williamsport is your idea of a once in a lifetime adventure, that's out there.

Do y'all worship Chickens out there?

tim in san jose

Rick A
01-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Theres plenty to shoot here--just not photos. Actually, there are many great things to photograph here, just that everything is buried under snow and the temps are below zero for the next few days.
Oh, and we don't worship chickens, we offer them up as sacrifices to the gods to keep film alive.

Steve Smith
01-29-2014, 12:58 AM

Message sent.

Hopefully, I can send it at the weekend.

Our Post Office has some specific rules about posting batteries. Some types are are only allowed in original packing, others are o.k. if in a camera but not loose. It is very vague about alkaline. Do you know what is in the camera?

I don't want to remove the batteries as it will then forget which frame it is on.

I think I will have to use a simple description of 'vintage camera' and not worry too much!

Steve.

Raphael
01-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi Steve,

Hopefully, I can send it at the weekend.

Our Post Office has some specific rules about posting batteries. Some types are are only allowed in original packing, others are o.k. if in a camera but not loose. It is very vague about alkaline. Do you know what is in the camera?

It's Lithium CR123. Maybe it's no need to be precise of what's in the box, don't you think ?

I don't want to remove the batteries as it will then forget which frame it is on.

I think I will have to use a simple description of 'vintage camera' and not worry too much!

Steve.

I should have this camera manual somewhere, I can check if it lose the frame number when batt is removed, but maybe you can just let it in ?
"Vintage camera" looks like too attractive, to me, maybe "used camera" or "worthless battered old camera" :)

Regards,

Raphael

Steve Smith
01-30-2014, 07:39 AM
It's Lithium CR123

That's o.k. then. Lithium contained in equipment is allowed.

I will take a printout of the rules to the Post Office.

Steve.

thebanana
01-30-2014, 08:21 PM
The less said the better, IMHO.

k_jupiter
01-31-2014, 01:38 PM
The less said the better, IMHO.

" "

ambaker
01-31-2014, 02:38 PM
There are some very specific rules regarding lithium batteries being shipped aboard aircraft.

One battery of that size, should not be a problem.

Failure to disclose, can be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD