PDA

View Full Version : Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Shawn Rahman
02-03-2013, 04:58 PM
If you don't spill the beans, we'll be making up all sorts of stories. Like you found it beneath a pile of feminine hygiene products, or you mistook it for a bar of that black soap you can get at joke shops, accidentally dropped it into a pot of soup before putting the pot in the fridge for the month, losing it in your car and forgetting you still had it, got kicked under the bed and you only found it because you just did your annual vacuuming under there, and so forth.

Dude! Would you believe me if I told you one of your hypotheses is "almost" correct?

k_jupiter
02-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Dude! Would you believe me if I told you one of your hypotheses is "almost" correct?

My money is on " losing it in your car and forgetting you still had it,"

tim in san jose

Shawn Rahman
02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
My money is on " losing it in your car and forgetting you still had it,"

tim in san jose

Not quite - my guilt would have forced me to go into hiding until I quietly went to the post office and mailed the camera to Sile.

As soon as I mail the camera to Sile later this week, I will confess and take my flogging(s).

Shawn

flatulent1
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
It was hidden under a pile of feminine hygiene products? :blink:

thebanana
02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I doubt any floggings are required, unless, yanno, you're into that sort of thing. 0:

k_jupiter
02-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I doubt any floggings are required, unless, yanno, you're into that sort of thing. 0:

That's the problem with floggings. What if he likes it? You can get tennis elbow that way.

Síle
02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Not quite - my guilt would have forced me to go into hiding until I quietly went to the post office and mailed the camera to Sile.

As soon as I mail the camera to Sile later this week, I will confess and take my flogging(s).

Shawn

Well thank feck for that! I was beginning to think I had moved house and forgotten to tell myself! Good to know I'm not gone (completely) insane...

Shawn.. no floggings necessary.. unless as John suggests.. you're "in to that sort of thing"!

MattKing
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
The Leica has arrived here on the sunny, warm (at least yesterday) west coast and I have shot my shot!

Does anyone have a link to the post showing where I am to send it next? :confused:

k_jupiter
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM
The Leica has arrived here on the sunny, warm (at least yesterday) west coast and I have shot my shot!

Does anyone have a link to the post showing where I am to send it next? :confused:

Not knowing where to send it next is NOT an acceptable reason for holding on to the camera. You have to come up with a better excuse than that.

tim in san jose

MattKing
02-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Okay, I've scrolled through the first 10 or so pages of this thread, and as best as I can tell, the "proposed" list on page 2 of the thread remains in effect.

That tells me that John_Nikon_F is next on the list.

I'll PM him for address confirmation.

Shall I ask Ralph Javins to help again? :whistling:

k_jupiter
02-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Okay, I've scrolled through the first 10 or so pages of this thread, and as best as I can tell, the "proposed" list on page 2 of the thread remains in effect.

That tells me that John_Nikon_F is next on the list.

I'll PM him for address confirmation.

Shall I ask Ralph Javins to help again? :whistling:

Hand deliver it to him.

John_Nikon_F
02-15-2013, 05:15 AM
It was hand delivered to Kenmore Camera, where I received it. Will use it this weekend, then pass it on. IIRC, it goes to Japan to the loose moose, then back to the Seattle area for the gassy one's shooting episode, right? Or something like that... The preliminary list reminds me of a tracking report for an item I received via USPS Parcel Post. Didn't go straight from California to Washington, but all over the country instead.

-J

mooseontheloose
02-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Oh -- it's too bad it didn't make it a little faster, it would have come with me to Thailand and Laos! I'm off on Monday until mid-March, so you may want to either a) hold onto it until I get back, b) send it along to the next person (or two) who would then be responsible for sending it to me in Japan or c) do a crazy chicken dance that will be posted on APUG for all of us to see.

MattKing
02-15-2013, 01:47 PM
As John said, I handed the camera off to him yesterday when we met at Kenmore Camera.

Now I get to sit back and marvel as the rest of the thread progresses.

Yell if anyone needs any chicken consumed. ;)

Shawn Rahman
02-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh -- it's too bad it didn't make it a little faster, it would have come with me to Thailand and Laos! I'm off on Monday until mid-March, so you may want to either a) hold onto it until I get back, b) send it along to the next person (or two) who would then be responsible for sending it to me in Japan or c) do a crazy chicken dance that will be posted on APUG for all of us to see.

Rachelle: I want your life.

Shawn Rahman
02-15-2013, 11:23 PM
As John said, I handed the camera off to him yesterday when we met at Kenmore Camera.

Now I get to sit back and marvel as the rest of the thread progresses.

Yell if anyone needs any chicken consumed. ;)

Matt:

Let me know when you're ready to ship the camera out. If Moose is going to be away until March, we can get back to her after a couple of more people. Let's send the camera around California and we'll get it to Moose after Tim. Here are the next three:

edibot42 Half Moon Bay, CA
technowizard Los Gatos, CA
k_jupiter San Jose, CA

If you do not hear from edibot42 after you send out a PM, let me know.

Regards,

Shawn

flatulent1
02-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Rachelle: I want your life.

That sounded like a threat. :eek:

MattKing
02-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Shawn:

Did you intend to address this to John?

He has the camera now - I've finished my shot.

Matt

Matt:

Let me know when you're ready to ship the camera out. If Moose is going to be away until March, we can get back to her after a couple of more people. Let's send the camera around California and we'll get it to Moose after Tim. Here are the next three:

edibot42 Half Moon Bay, CA
technowizard Los Gatos, CA
k_jupiter San Jose, CA

If you do not hear from edibot42 after you send out a PM, let me know.

Regards,

Shawn

mooseontheloose
02-16-2013, 12:01 AM
That sounded like a threat. :eek:

You don't know the half of it!

MattKing
02-16-2013, 12:03 AM
And if he had said: "I want your chicken?" :whistling: