PDA

View Full Version : Hello :) just been given an Agfa Repromaster 2001 copy camera..

brucel
10-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes its a monster :) 58758 both lens which ill find and post later...has anyone tackled one of these to convert and use for paper or indeed negative images. Think i may chop it up turn it on its end so i can do portraits in paper negative form, maybe coat some aluminum in liquidlight or that ag-plus from the states, anyway, lots to do :) thanks Bruce...:)

SpeedGraphicMan
10-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Don't destroy it!!!!

Use it for analog retouching! Do not destroy a perfectly good (and very useful) machine!

AgX
10-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Welcome to Apug!

Your plastic cameras will be terrified by this beast...

You might use a mirror for horizontal photography, thus doing no harm to the beast.
I don't know though to what distance the lens can brought to focus. I seems to be a wide-angle construction, thus no need for that much lens movement.

ic-racer
10-22-2012, 06:52 PM
You could copy some difficult to print pictures at 1:1 onto continuous tone negative film. Then contact print the big negative without any dodging or burning to make more prints just like the original.

Mike Wilde
10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I have a great deal of fun using one of these copy cameras every few years. I set it up to run off of an idle stove circuit breaker for the owner and in exchange I call, and get useage rights.

I use it to make neat photo collages and high contrast multiple image assemblies. If you have never played with lith film this beast is the tool to open that door to you.

Dig up the old graphic arts photo guides. Get used to the concept of vaccuum backs, pre flashing exposures, and living with part of your basement lit in red safe light.

brucel
10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
i can see now what your all talking about, people have mentioned forums discussing the conversion of these to a large format camera by turing it on its side,but using it for copying onto large negs would be awesome.
I did have a plan to condense the whole thing and put it in the back of my vw camper, open the side doors and photograph people. I dont have a LF camer, have a 6x7 kodak tecnical cam witha 5x4 back as well, but really liked the idea of producing massive paper negs of peoples potraits, have no cash for a 10x8 so when i had the chance of this for free i jumped....still dont know what to do with it :(

EASmithV
10-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm sure you could possibly trade it for a beater 8x10 maybe?

kcourt1
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
hi, sorry for the speculative approach, i have recently aquired a Repromaster 2001 whilst clearing out a new office which we are currently moving in to. I was wondering if you could share some expertise and let me know what this camera is capable of and what its primary function is? The machine does power up and is in reasonable condition. Please advise on the above, best regards.

Andrew O'Neill
11-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I got hold of one (different maker) about 10 years ago, and I turned it into an 8x10 enlarger. Stripped everything off of it. Added an Aristo 1212 head on top with home made neg holder, 240mm enlarging lens on the bottom. Got it mounted on my wall. Works great.