PDA

View Full Version : Really valuable Argus C-3!

GRHazelton
11-13-2012, 08:20 AM
This is just amazing. http://fab.com/inspiration/kodak-cameras-trio-ii It seems that some people have far more money than sense.

Reminds me of seeing in Highlands, NC, in a shop specializing in "decorative items" a number of Readers' Digest condensed books handsomely rebound in half-leather. The old adage comes to mind, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig," no offense to pigs intended!

Note that the cameras are for "display purposes only," so they presumably don't work.

rthomas
11-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I think the operator of that website would have to pick their jaw up off the floor if they saw all the "valuable" vintage cameras my wife and I have scattered around our place. Especially when they learned that we've never paid more than about $10 for any of them.

EDIT: I wonder if we're missing a clever business opportunity here....

GRHazelton
11-13-2012, 08:31 AM
I think the operator of that website would have to pick their jaw up off the floor if they saw all the "valuable" vintage cameras my wife and I have scattered around our place. Especially when they learned that we've never paid more than about $10 for any of them.

Yeah. Or are they cynical scroundrels who know exactly what they're doing. Somewhere I saw a photo forum post of pimped up C-3s, etc, with wood veneer coverings, etc, listed for hundreds of dollars each. As I recall those boxes did work, however.

AgX
11-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, at least today there is no Argus C-3 to see at that page. But like the Bakelite one in the center.

dehk
11-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I'll take a C3 with the sandmar over any of those!

m1tch
11-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Does that mean my Argus C2 is worth more? You can tell its made from Bakerlite due to the fact that its called a 'brick' they are about as heavy lol

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/m1tch_2006/DSC_0825.jpg

Dan Fromm
11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
It will always be a sow's ear.

bobwysiwyg
11-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Ha, note the left most cam, my first camera. I still have it (avatar). This mean I 'm sitting on a small fortune? :laugh: All those "bricks" were manufactured about 3 blocks from my home. The Argus Bldg is now part of the U of M campus sprawl. ;)