PDA

View Full Version : A contact sheet that contained an iconic image

Mainecoonmaniac
11-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Sadly. Che Guevara's image has been pimped Capitalist. I see a lot of rich kids wearing his image on expensive T-shirts. I'll bet they have no idea the series of events that caused the Cuban Revolution.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/11/29/rene-burris-contact-sheet-that-led-to-an-iconic-photo-of-che-guevara/#more-90912

mfohl
11-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Check out The Onion - America's finest news source. It is selling a T-shirt showing Che Guevara wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt.

Mainecoonmaniac
11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Maybe they'll also have photo's of folks in China reading People Magazine with Kim Jong-Un on the cover as the "sexist man alive" also.

ParkerSmithPhoto
11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
I'll bet they have no idea the series of events that caused the Cuban Revolution.

Most people haven't the slightest clue of the blood thirsty psychopath they are wearing on their shirts.

It doesn't matter how many people you murder, as long as you claim it's about "fairness" and "equality." Now where have I heard that lately???

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
11-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Maybe they'll also have photo's of folks in China reading People Magazine with Kim Jong-Un on the cover as the "sexist man alive" also.

Or people in North Korea doing that.

billbretz
11-30-2012, 12:58 PM
The story does not refer to THE iconic image.

"Iconic" is not what it used to be.

Yashinoff
11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Most people haven't the slightest clue of the blood thirsty psychopath they are wearing on their shirts.

It doesn't matter how many people you murder, as long as you claim it's about "fairness" and "equality." Now where have I heard that lately???

Revolutionary 18th century France? Or the American colonies? It certainly does have a familiar ring to it.

Vaughn
11-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Revolutionary 18th century France? Or the American colonies? It certainly does have a familiar ring to it.

So true...Blood thirsty psychopaths on one's side are patriots -- on the other's side, terrorists.

Diapositivo
11-30-2012, 07:36 PM

You probably heard it talking about George WC Bush and his improvised and failed imperialist wars. He was talking "war on terror" and "protecting American interests" but bloody thirsty psychopath he is for sure, with the aggravation of bigotry and cocaine.

Che Guevara, not unlike Garibaldi, Robespierre, or George Washington (or San Martin, O'Higgins, Lenin, Mao or whoever else) was a revolutionary, and you don't make revolutions with roses and caresses. He had an ideal and devoted all his life to that ideal, and died for it. And, incidentally, he only smoked cigars ;)

The world progresses because there is people like him (very many of them unknown). We would still be under a medieval feudal regime otherwise.

“Sean capaces siempre de sentir, en lo más hondo, cualquier injusticia realizada contra cualquiera, en cualquier parte del mundo. Es la cualidad más linda del revolucionario.”

“Sólo existe un sentimiento mayor que el amor a la libertad: el odio al que te la quita.”

Hasta siempre, Comandante!

PS. What distinguished the Cuban revolutionaries in the "mountain war" in Cuba is that they left the captured soldiers free as soon as they could, while the army did not take prisoners. In the long run, that is one of the reasons that shifted popular and finally army support toward the revolution.

MSchuler
11-30-2012, 08:48 PM
The story does not refer to THE iconic image.

"Iconic" is not what it used to be.

Agreed, although it is also a good photo. Here's the "real" iconic image:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KordaFilmRollChe.jpg

Yashinoff
12-01-2012, 02:32 PM
What would be really ironic for a hipster shirt is a photo of Fidel... hmmm.