PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 Titan?

sly
12-04-2012, 07:46 AM
I was hoping to have the 8x10 Titan pinhole on my Christmas wish list. Is the release being held up because of problems with the direct positive paper?

Simon R Galley
12-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Dear Sly,

We await the 10x8 TiTAN as eagerley as you ! Sorry Santa will not have one in time. We have always said December was best date for first deliveries.

We do not have 'problems' with DIRECT POSITIVE, we have problems only with RC, FB is in full stock.

Regards

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology limited :

sly
12-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks Simon.

Good to hear about the fibre direct positive. I've played with it a bit to print old lantern slides. Look forward to trying it in my Titan. Can I have the first one in Canada?:D

salan
12-04-2012, 08:14 AM
creep! lol

Bob Carnie
12-04-2012, 10:02 AM
No I asked first... but in true Canadian spirit I will allow the first one to go to you Sly

Thanks Simon.

Good to hear about the fibre direct positive. I've played with it a bit to print old lantern slides. Look forward to trying it in my Titan. Can I have the first one in Canada?:D

Sal Santamaura
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM
...we have problems only with RC, FB is in full stock...Simon, I've reviewed all potentially relevant forum categories as well as your posts from the last couple of months, but can't find any reference to this. What "problems" are you having with RC? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

sly
12-04-2012, 10:41 AM
No I asked first... but in true Canadian spirit I will allow the first one to go to you Sly

Hey, if you've got first dibs, I'm OK with that. How about they send them both at the same time? You'll get yours first because you are 3 times zones to the east!

Simon R Galley
12-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Sal,

The same emulsion ( except for final preparation and other 'adjustments' ) is coated on FB base and RC Base, the last RC coating in total was 'lost' due to an issue that caused it to fail the QC test as out of its performance parameters. We have since coated FB without any QC issue. Work continues to find a solution for RC.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

mark
12-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Darn Canadians. Too polite for your own good. Would a hokey player roll over and say, no no you were at the goal first go ahead and shoot I won't block you. Come on Sly I want to see a good body check. Stand up for what is yours. :D

My grandfather-in-law told me once, "Canadians are polite until we watch hockey." He was 90 years old and yelling at the TV during the Stanley cup.

Sal Santamaura
12-04-2012, 12:37 PM
...the last RC coating in total was 'lost' due to an issue that caused it to fail the QC test as out of its performance parameters...Work continues to find a solution for RC...How unfortunate for HARMAN, but how wonderful for us that, unlike certain other sensitized product manufacturers, you scrapped the out-of-tolerance run rather than shipping it to customers. Here's hoping you find an inexpensive, effective solution soon!

Bob Carnie
12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Unless they fly over Russia

Hey, if you've got first dibs, I'm OK with that. How about they send them both at the same time? You'll get yours first because you are 3 times zones to the east!

Bob Carnie
12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Thats why they are the best... no compromise. I have never found fault in their product over 30 plus years printing.

NOW SLY THATS HOW YOU DO IT... I am sure Simon will send it to me first, after that recommondation.

How unfortunate for HARMAN, but how wonderful for us that, unlike certain other sensitized product manufacturers, you scrapped the out-of-tolerance run rather than shipping it to customers. Here's hoping you find an inexpensive, effective solution soon!