PDA

View Full Version : Brad Pitt and Chanel N 5

cliveh
12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
In some newspapers in England (I assume also in other countries) there is a portrait of Brad Pitt being used to promote Chanel N5. I canít help thinking this is printed too soft, as a higher contrast print would (I feel) improve the message for this image. What do others think?

MDR
12-09-2012, 02:26 PM
It looks like digital B/W hence the softness, despite the softness he starts to look very old in my opinion. Printing the image a little harder to give it an edge would look better. Maybe they were afraid that too much of an edge would scare their target costumers, women.

On an personal level I prefer the Audrey Tautou ad even though she uses a digital camera it's a beautiful ad campaign and commercial.

Dominik

Katie
12-09-2012, 03:01 PM
He is almost 50. Not old, but no Spring chicken anymore. He can eat crackers in my bed anytime, though.

RalphLambrecht
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
i think, brat pitt is seriously getting oldand i have to sell my chanel stock before it's too late

lxdude
12-09-2012, 04:50 PM
He is almost 50. Not old, but no Spring chicken anymore. He can eat crackers in my bed anytime, though.

If you close your eyes I will look like Brad Pitt for you.:)

Old-N-Feeble
12-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Yeah, but you'd have to smell like Chanel #5 for her too. Not many of us could pull that off very well. Maybe after a day's hunting or shooting at the range, a couple hours at the local pub, and napping a couple hours in an old leather recliner. Then.... maybe.:p

lxdude
12-09-2012, 06:00 PM
If you hold your nose I will smell like Brad Pitt for you, too.:)

ic-racer
12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I found references to the Channel #5/Brad Pitt photographs being taken by Mario Sorrenti. If he used the same equipment he used for the Pirelli Calendar, then certainly not a film photographer: http://www.mod-tv.com/hot/pirelli-calendar-2012-by-mario-sorrenti-making-of-video/19485/

Sorrenti kind of reminds me of the guy in this spoof video: http://vimeo.com/37168265

Katie
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Brad and I actually have a connection: I played his wife in a movie and he kissed my pregnant belly. True story!!

And he is the same age as my husband, who came home smelling of redfish today. :)

winger
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
:) Same here!

Brad and I actually have a connection: I played his wife in a movie and he kissed my pregnant belly. True story!!
Very cool!

Old-N-Feeble
12-09-2012, 10:54 PM

And he is the same age as my husband, who came home smelling of redfish today. :)

Okay, now my curiosity is piqued. If you don't tell us what movie I'll spend endless hours searching.:)

Katie
12-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Tree of Life.

Filmed 15 minutes down the road in Smithville. After the weird opening creation scene, when you finally see the actors, I'm within the first few minutes. They don't show my face (as I am supposed to be Jessica Chastain's belly) but the GIANT pregnant belly he is hugging is me 8 months pregnant with my now 4 year old!!!!

Old-N-Feeble
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Okay... that's very kewl. Your toddler is in the film too.:D

Katie
12-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Yes he is! He kicked brad in the face and he replied that was awesome! My 4 yr old is still to this day kicking heads and taking names!

Old-N-Feeble
12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
That's a pretty awesome claim for the kiddo... he kick Brad Pitt in the head and got by with it!!

AndreasT
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I look better than Brad Pitt as far as I am concerned, but I suppose his farts smell better than me.
Jessica Chastain does seem to a hottie. Was the first time I saw her. After about watching 15 min of the film I walked out and complained to the movie house. I could not hear a thing.

Ken Nadvornick
12-10-2012, 01:38 PM
...but the GIANT pregnant belly [Brad Pitt] is hugging is me 8 months pregnant...

Yikes! The things we learn on APUG...

:sideways:

Ken

Katie
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Yikes! The things we learn on APUG...

:sideways:

Ken

Hey, I had an almost 10 lb. baby! I should get a damn parade or something!

Ken Nadvornick
12-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Ouch! That's like giving birth to a 1-2 month old. He's gonna' owe you for the rest of his life...

:eek:

Ken