PDA

View Full Version : A day shooting in Dun na Ri Forest Park

Pages : 1 [2]

thefizz
12-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Long time since I have seen anyone taking parking fee but be prepared as Eddie said just in case.

monosnaps
12-27-2012, 10:00 AM
There was an old railway station in Kingscourt not sure if its still there might be an option to check out if time and weather allows. Most recent photos are 2011 so not sure on current status.
Kingscourt raiway station
53.886053,-6.799089

Searcher
12-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi all,

- I'm still hoping to make it, and I'll try to get there early also.

Gerry

Rafal Lukawiecki
12-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Have fun, everyone. I was planning to be printing this weekend, but I'm dealing with gastro at the moment. Hope weather cooperated and you bring some lovely prints for the next get-together.

awareofthevoid
12-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Apologies folks I can't make it in the morning, last minute unavoidable events.

thefizz
12-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll be there at 10, looking forward to it.

thefizz
12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi all, thanks for turning out today, great to see so many enthusiastic film shooters.

Here's to some nice waterfall prints :D

monosnaps
12-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Great day out even the dull weather could not spoil the day, great to see everyone again, lunch was really nice also.:munch: Shot two rolls of Acros and have the Pinhole images from the Holga WPC processed, best result from this camera so far so pleased with my day's work. See you all in April. Thanks Peter for getting this up an running.

fran
12-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I'd like to chip in my thanks too - a great day out and a great turn out too I think.

My 2 rolls are hanging drying at the moment.......

Eddie: I'd love to see a scan of one of the negs if you get a chance?

Fran

Vincent Brady
12-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Indeed it was a good days outing. Many thanks Peter for organising it.

awareofthevoid
12-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Really great day out, thanks again for organizing Peter. Film, Developed and scanned at this stage. I am happy with a couple of the shots but as always there is room for improvement.

fran
12-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Most of us are on Flickr I think - how about we tag our photos with "dun na ri APUG" and then we can find them easily?

Fran

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
12-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Wish I could have joined you guys, would love to see some of the days shooting...

Vincent Brady
12-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Wish I could have joined you guys, would love to see some of the days shooting...

Thanks Richard for taking an interest in the Irish APUG section. The day was rather dull so I think we are all hoping for the best. You have some terrific work on your own site and Flickr including IR work which I enjoy using myself as well as several members of our group. Happy New Year to you and good luck with your photo shoots for 2013.

Cheers
Vincent

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
12-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks Richard for taking an interest in the Irish APUG section. The day was rather dull so I think we are all hoping for the best. You have some terrific work on your own site and Flickr including IR work which I enjoy using myself as well as several members of our group. Happy New Year to you and good luck with your photo shoots for 2013.

Cheers
Vincent

Thanks Vincent. Love Ireland though mostly through photographs I've seen since other than a short 5 days there in Dublin on business about 10 years ago have not had any chance to visit and photograph properly though I hope to one day. Did enjoy some great food, met some wonderful people, and had a number of pints though!

Appreciate the kind comments on my work, I just did some IR work on vacation in Maui last week that I will be working on soon, hoping for the best.

As for your day shooting maybe the weather was not ideal but the camaraderie is what I treasure too of such days and it sounds you did have good time anyway.

Happy New Year to you as well, all the best for 2013.

awareofthevoid
12-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Folks as discussed during lunch a new tread has been started re the spring print show ----- http://www.apug.org/forums/forum237/113886-spring-print-show-2013-a.html