PDA

View Full Version : Spring Print Show - 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

awareofthevoid
04-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Just to confirm that I was at the club last night and we are all set for our meeting on Sat.6th April. The meeting start around 10 AM. If you arrive too early the club will be locked but I suggest that you might go to Insomia Coffee Shop just beside Gunn's Camera Shop and I will give you a shout there before we open. Looking forward to our get together.

Great stuff Vincent looking forward to it.

przemyslaw zorylo
04-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I will be with a friend, at 10 am. See you on Saturday

Searcher
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm looking forward to the meeting, and getting some feedback from a few recent printing sessions. I'll also bring the negs that I exposed on Frans camera from the LF meet at Killiney (and a few CDs like last time!).

Gerry

fran
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
My last print is drying..... hope it looks OK in the morning!

I don't think I'll have much mounting done but I'll have prints!

Looking forward to seeing you all there..

Fran

Rafal Lukawiecki
04-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Have fun, guys. I'm jealous (nicely) of your meeting, but I'm busy learning selective masking at Alan Ross's in Santa Fe, plus a million other useful things. He is amazing, and a very nice person.

PS. At the entrance to his darkroom, there is a rug on the floor—which Ansel Adams used as a test target when working on early Polaroid! I'm mildly embarrassed to be stepping on it...

fran
04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Enjoy Rafal!!

monosnaps
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Just finished mounting a few images, see you all on Saturday, hope to be in early so will drop into Insomnia.

thefizz
04-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm mounting at present and looking forward to the meet up.

przemyslaw zorylo
04-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Thank you very much for nice photographic meeting, say that I had a big stras because it's my first meeting. Thanks again to everyone. See you Sunday 21st April 2013 . Sham

paulgallinule
04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Really enjoyed today, great turn out with a great selection of prints and styles, well done to everyone, we may need a bigger room in the autumn, LOL:D

fran
04-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Yes, great meeting and great meeting you all again.

Sham - no need to be nervous, having seen your & Gregs work, its the rest of us should be nervous!

Fran

thefizz
04-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Very enjoyable day, looking forward to the next one already.

Vincent Brady
04-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Thank you very much for nice photographic meeting, say that I had a big stras because it's my first meeting. Thanks again to everyone. See you Sunday 21st April 2013 . Sham

It was great to have you and Greg join us for our session bringing our attendance numbers to an all time high. The variety of work on display was terrific and is what I think makes our meetings so interesting and enjoyable. Between our print showings and outings our group is getting stronger and more meaningful. Long may we run.

przemyslaw zorylo
04-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Nice work you have in Mountboard, I have one https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/529097_144947449016516_1001140887_n.jpg I'll take a meeting a few in mountboard .

fran
04-08-2013, 03:59 PM
There was a good bit of talk about lith printing last Sat - I haven't been turned on to it yet, but I saw this thread this evening and thought it might be of some use just because it lists the currently available papers suitable for this process:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?100754-Your-favorite-paper-for-Lith-printing

Fran

Rafal Lukawiecki
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Great to hear there was an all-time high in attendance! I think the renewed interest in analogue and silver gelatin is no more in danger of being thought of as just a fad.

I'm sorry to have missed it, very much, though my week with Alan Ross was very educational. He is a nice man, and he knows a lot about very easy-to-do masking. I was surprised. I've some lovely news to share, too: my work got accepted by one of the key galleries in Santa Fe—I'll tell you all when we meet. I'm now on my way to John Sexton, for a week, and I hope my head manages to get in all the new stuff. Needless to say, I'm happy to share it all with you, back home.

Vincent Brady
04-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Congratulations Rafal on getting your work accepted in a important gallery. It must be very pleasing for you after all the work that you have put into your photography. Enjoy your week with John Sexton.

fran
04-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Thats great news Rafal!!! Congratulations, and I really hope it all works out for you.

Fran

awareofthevoid
04-10-2013, 08:46 AM
It was great to see all the wonderful prints last week. I really appreciated the feedback and I have just discovered that it is about a year since I first printed in the darkroom - thanks Peter!!.
I would like to think that in the last year I have made some improvements in both my printing and photography in general. I find the print show invaluable for advice and feedback. I am very glad to be involved.

Onwards and upwards!!
B

Johnhig
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
yes really enjoyed the meeting, now hopefully in 5 weeks I'll be setup to print. And next meeting I might actually have something to bring with me.

John