PDA

View Full Version : Small Print Exchange - Round 4

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

ccross
06-08-2013, 08:29 PM
To Group 2 (Ruediger, Mike, Loren),

My submission is in the mail (finally), my apologies for once again bring so late. Hope you enjoy!

Craig

Laurent
06-15-2013, 04:51 AM
Good morning,

I just dropped my prints i the mailbox today. Allo a few days to cross the Channel or the Ocean, I hope it's not too long.

Cheers!
Laurent

paul_c5x4
06-18-2013, 09:07 AM
I just dropped my prints i the mailbox today. Allo a few days to cross the Channel or the Ocean, I hope it's not too long.

A wonderful small print arrived this morning. The image captured is truly inspirational - One of the few occasions that words can not do it justice.

Loren Sattler
06-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Craig, prints arrived yesterday. I enjoyed the series very much and the tones are beautiful. Interesting mounting technique. Loren

Laurent
06-19-2013, 03:15 PM
A wonderful small print arrived this morning. The image captured is truly inspirational - One of the few occasions that words can not do it justice.Thanks Paul !

Mike Wilde
06-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Craig - I got you very well packaged set of three prints.
Are these mere minutes apart, or a spot you came back to over a little while?
The concept is neat. Such a differnt look, all with the same viewpoint.

The family quite like them.
Now as to were to hang them?
I quite like your matting technique.

ccross
06-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Loren / Mike,

Glad the prints made their way to you safely, never sure these days with Canada Post.

The images were taken over the course of about twenty comical minutes, for my wife at least, as I tried to manage changing cameras / lenses and loading / unloading them into my bag while standing in the water (no I'm not smart enough to walk the hundred feet to the dry beach). My wife has laughed at me a number of times when she finds me fascinated by the smallest things. She told me later that I had a number of curious onlookers as I stood in the water just staring at the waves.

Yes, I was fascinated by the different patterns and textures in the water / sand and tried to capture as many different versions as I could. There was a fourth image that wanted to print as part of the set, but it had an unfortunate lens flare in exactly the wrong spot.

I'm not sure if the matting technique has a name or not, I can't remember where I first saw it, but I really like the way it looks too.

Anyway, glad you enjoy them, sorry again for being so late.

Craig

mjs
06-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Received a lovely print from Laurent while I was out at Photostock the week before last, then went and had a brain fart and posted the 'thank you' in the Blind Print Exchange forum. Cripes. I'm not getting older -- I'm getting dumber! Sorry, Laurent! Thanks for the great print.

Mike

Laurent
06-30-2013, 12:00 PM
No issue Mike, I was just checking whether it arrived or not ;-)

andrew.roos
08-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I received a very interesting and well executed selenium-toned diptych from Allan W yesterday. I'm sorry for the delay in acknowledging receipt, but the post around here can be terribly slow for received mail sometimes (sent mail does not seem to suffer from such bad delays). Thanks Allan!

lightwisps
08-09-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm in. Can't resist!! Love trading prints anytime. Don

anikin
08-17-2013, 11:49 PM
I have received a precious matted print from Delphine. Thank you very much! Both my wife and me loved it. It's got this special romantic feel to it.
We are now looking for a frame for it - it's just got to be displayed on the wall!

Eugene.

delphine
08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi Eugene, I am glad that you liked the print. Thank you for your print indeed, as I said in my letter it is special and unusual, it is printed on a hand coated silver emulsion material. I loved the way it was presented on the rough on the card board with the folded bits of paper. I won't take the print out of the card board they sit so well together, I'll definitely frame it, as an artefact in a box frame. You can be chuffed, your efforts to perceivere with the technic paid off. Thank you and sorry for not posting a feedback sooner when I received the print.

Best

Delphine