PDA

View Full Version : Littleton photography competition with traditional BW darkroom category...

Pages : [1] 2

toro_mike
01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
This information came from the local analog club here in Englewood...

47th annual Eye of the Camera Photography Competition
Littleton Museum Fine Arts Gallery
https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=1231&sortby=fair_name&apply=yes
If the link does not work, just go to the home page, click on the View all Calls button and search for Littleton in the list.

Entry fee - $30
There are cash prizes
Due date - Jan 24, 2013
Dates of exibit - Feb 22 -> Mar 31
3 prints minimum, 9 max
Open to Colorado residents only
Judge - J. R. Schnelzer http://www.jrschnelzerphotography.com/
Photographs submitted through Cafe

It's a new section this year, and it would be nice if they get a lot of responses so it stays. Just the fact that it is now included is a great sign. I'm not sure I can get anything done in time or that is worthy, but I may try just for the fun and challenge of it.

pbromaghin
01-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Ooh, that's cool. Can't wait to see the exhibit. Are you going to enter?

toro_mike
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Ooh, that's cool. Can't wait to see the exhibit. Are you going to enter?

I am thinking about it. If for any reason, just to bump up the submission number a bit. I'd love for this to be a regular category in a local competition!

Derek Lofgreen
01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I just entered.

toro_mike
01-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I just entered.

Excellent!!

pbromaghin
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I really look forward to seeing your stuff on a wall, Derek!

toro_mike
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I did end up submitting three prints to the Black and White darkroom processed and printed category. Hopefully it is well represented, thus making my changes small :) and guaranteeing this categories continued inclusion in this show.

Anybody else who wants to has until midnight tonight!!

Derek Lofgreen
01-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Right on Mike. It will be fun to see your work up there too.

D.

toro_mike
01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks Derek! We'll see. Hopefully there were enough entries to make the decisions of who gets in difficult.

pbromaghin
01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
You guys are doing something important. Hopefully your entries will contributing to keeping it going. Maybe next year I will have something to enter.

toro_mike
01-25-2013, 05:50 PM
You guys are doing something important. Hopefully your entries will contributing to keeping it going. Maybe next year I will have something to enter.

I hope so too Peter! It's up to us to keep our art relevant and this is a small price to pay to keep it going. Then again, maybe they got a ton of responses and are overwhelmed :)

Derek Lofgreen
01-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Good news! Two of my three submissions have been accepted for the Littleton Museum show. It will be fun to see other silver work there too.

D.

toro_mike
01-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Good news! Two of my three submissions have been accepted for the Littleton Museum show. It will be fun to see other silver work there too.

D.

Awesome Derek! Can't wait to see them on the wall!

toro_mike
02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
I did get one in. Yay :)

Derek Lofgreen
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Very cool. I guess I will see you there. Nice work.

D.

pbromaghin
02-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Congratulations to both of you. I'm excited to see them.

toro_mike
02-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Don't forget everybody, this exhibit runs from February 22, 2013 to March 31, 2013 at the Littleton Museum over on Gallup St.

I did not see any other darkroom folk when I was turning my print in, so hopefully there was good turnout. We'll find out soon.

Derek Lofgreen
02-17-2013, 11:06 PM
I was one of the few last people to drop off my prints. There were 63 artists selected and when I walked in I was the 61st. Two more people came in after me and that made the total of 63. Of the 63 artists 5 were analog silver. I am really curious to see how the silver prints compare to the digi ones.

D.

toro_mike
02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I was one of the few last people to drop off my prints. There were 63 artists selected and when I walked in I was the 61st. Two more people came in after me and that made the total of 63. Of the 63 artists 5 were analog silver. I am really curious to see how the silver prints compare to the digi ones.

D.

I am curious how our compare as well, especially from a digital post-processing point of view. It's going to be very interesting, for sure! We need to try and get more analog people to enter next year, if they have the darkroom category again (they better!).

Derek Lofgreen
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Hey Mike I didn't see you last night at the opening. It went really well, and I think all of the analog prints were outstanding. Everyone of them. There was of course very nice digital work too, but as a whole I think the analog prints stood out in my mind. Overall it was a fun time and there are some great prints to go check out if you have any time. They will be up through the end of March.

D.