View Full Version : [Revitalized] Blind Exchange -- Intro

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

John Bartley
02-11-2005, 07:33 AM
I just sent a PM to each person in the "Queried" category to get their
shipping address except "oldrad@sympatico.ca". That no longer is accepted
by the PM system as a valid address.

Hello,

Here I am. Back in January sometime, I had Sean change me from an anonymous identity to my real name. Your message must have got lost in the shuffle :)
I am still interested in doing this if there is room for me.

cheers

ps : I'll follow this up with a PM also

BadCluster
02-11-2005, 07:39 AM
can i make it also?
i am new and registered 2 hours ago,
just found this one!
if i cant its ok,i ll hop in the next round ;)

mark
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I have not received a name to mail a print too.

active

I've received your address. You are Presumed to be familiar
with exchange expectations. You Will be assigned a recipient
during the first week of February. You are expected to send a
photography product to the recipient before the end of February.

[/indent]

c6h6o3
02-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Jim Shanesy (c6h6o3)
609 Kent Oaks Way
Gaithersburg, MD 20878

In case you didn't get the PM.

gr82bart
02-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I too haven't recieved a name or address yet. The sooner the better. I will be traveling a lot in the next three weeks, so I'll take the print with me and mail from where-ever as soon as I get an address.

Regards, Art.

kwmullet
02-11-2005, 06:59 PM
I too haven't recieved a name or address yet. The sooner the better. I will be traveling a lot in the next three weeks, so I'll take the print with me and mail from where-ever as soon as I get an address.

Regards, Art.

Sorry 'bout the delay, folks. We're moving to a new house, so to use the Internet, I need to go to the old house and log on -- nothing up yet at the new place. I'll try and update the list tonight and send everyone the shipping address for their partner this weekend.

-KwM-

kwmullet
02-12-2005, 12:14 AM
count me in very interested in print exchange--MCHickman

shoot me a PM this weekend with your exact shipping address and I'll make you active on this round. I sent you a PM as well.

cheers,

-KwM-

kwmullet
02-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Here's the final list. If I hear from MCHickman while I'm sending out PMs I'll add them to the list. I'll send out PMs this weekend.

cheers, all.

February Blind Exchange status list as of Sat Feb 12 00:17:32 CST 2005

If, previous to this post, you have expressed an interest and
aren't on this list, or have PMed me your address and aren't listed
as "active", please PM me your shipping address exactly as it should appear
on a label for a package in the postal system.

================================================
Member Date of Status Status
---------------------------------------------------
-------------> ACTIVE (34)
andrewmoodie 02-01-2005 active
Bob Carnie 02-11-2005 active
bobfowler 01-06-2005 active
BruceN 02-11-2005 active
BWGirl 12-28-2004 active
c6h6o3 02-11-2005 active
castilg 01-18-2005 active
dschneller 02-11-2005 active
Dwane 02-11-2005 active
gr82bart 01-03-2005 active
JMoore 01-03-2005 active
John Bartley 02-11-2005 active
John McCallum 01-07-2005 active
john neal 02-11-2005 active
Leon 02-01-2005 active
m. dowdall 02-02-2005 active
mark 02-01-2005 active
matt miller 02-01-2005 active
mikeb_z5 01-03-2005 active
mikeg 02-11-2005 active
modafoto 02-11-2005 active
Nige 02-11-2005 active
Ole 01-03-2005 active
oriecat 01-05-2005 active
Poco 01-03-2005 active
rduraoc 01-06-2005 active
rexp 01-08-2005 active
RobJon 02-08-2005 active
SchwinnParamount 02-01-2005 active
skander 01-06-2005 active
Suzanne Revy 02-11-2005 active
TPPhotog 01-05-2005 active
veriwide 01-07-2005 active
wbryant 02-01-2005 active

-------------> MODERATOR (1)
kwmullet 12-27-2004 moderator

-------------> QUERIED (1)
MCHickman 01-10-2005 queried

-------------> INACTIVE (2)
Jeremy Moore 02-08-2005 inactive
oldrad@sympatico.ca 02-11-2005 name changed.

================================================

Status key:
expressed interest

I've got your name and will PM you for particulars soon.

queried

I've PMed you the expectations and a request for your address.

active

I've received your address. You are Presumed to be familiar
with exchange expectations. You Will be assigned a recipient
during the first week of February. [okay... I'm late with this
part. Apologies, all. -- kwmullet] You are expected to send a
photography product to the recipient before the end of February.

inactive

You are sitting out the cycle for one reason or another. You
Will be invited to the next cycle. If you don't participate in
that cycle, your name will be dropped until they request it be
added again.

kwmullet
02-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Sorry 'bout the delay, folks. We're moving to a new house, so to use the Internet, I need to go to the old house and log on -- nothing up yet at the new place. I'll try and update the list tonight and send everyone the shipping address for their partner this weekend.

-KwM-

Just as I finished the list of participants and recipients, the cable guy came and shut off our Internet access two days early. I'm sending this out from an Internet cafe, and I've managed to get a good chunk of the PMs notifying folks of their recipient sent. I'll try and get back here either tonight or tomorrow morning to finish them up (the Crembrolee coffee is really good).

Thanks for your unsolicited patience.

-KwM-

kwmullet
02-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Just as I finished the list of participants and recipients, the cable guy came and shut off our Internet access two days early. I'm sending this out from an Internet cafe, and I've managed to get a good chunk of the PMs notifying folks of their recipient sent. I'll try and get back here either tonight or tomorrow morning to finish them up (the Crembrolee coffee is really good).

Thanks for your unsolicited patience.

-KwM-

Okay... every participant of the Blind Exchange (February edition) should
now have one or more PMs I've forwarded to them which have originated from their random recipient. If I've forwarded you PMs from more than one person, or haven't forwarded you a PM with the postal address of a recipient, I've goofed. Please let me know either publicly (in this thread) or privately (via a PM).

Also -- one member, argus, was added. He'd requested inclusion but for some reason I hadn't added him on my posted list.

I'll finagle some Internet access at least once a day for the next few days and see if I have any goofs to correct.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Let the exchange begin!

-KwM-

TPPhotog
02-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Thank you kindly the details for me to post mine off to have arrived safe and well, so the print will be winging it's way up country by the weekend. Try not to drink too much coffee or you will be posting aerial pictures without the aid of a plane :D

BruceN
02-15-2005, 08:43 PM
I got Morten - I guess I'd better make sure and print a neg that was souped in Rodinal! :)

Bruce

Leon
02-16-2005, 02:47 AM
I've had no pms at all.

argus
02-16-2005, 02:49 AM
I just got the PM. Luckily, I finished some FB prints last monday. Hope the receiver likes them.

G

kwmullet
02-16-2005, 01:27 PM
I've had no pms at all.

Dreadfully sorry, Leon. I just checked and double-checked my Sent Items folder in the PM facility and I didn't send you one, which rules out the possibility of being able to blame anyone/anything but myself. (:

Today, the day after I sent all the PMs, I got a PM from MCHickman who was out of town and got back after I'd already did all the random selections.

Even though everyone else is paired up with random recipients, and is receiving photography from a person different from the one they're sending it to, would you and MCHickman mind exchanging your postal information through PMs and being each other's recipient in a non-random pair?

I'll also send each of you a PM and ask the same thing. If that arrangement is agreeable to each of you, it should resolve both situations nicely.

I'm on borrowed dialup Internet access right now and don't happen to have my iBook with me, so I can't confirm if the reason why I didn't send Leon a PM is that I didn't pair him up with a recipient or if I just skipped his name on the list. I see from the status of his address message to me that I have forwarded his address to someone, so never fear Leon, I have lined you up AS a recipient. I just neglected to line you up WITH a recipient.

Hrm... I guess this means that Leon will receive two items. I think my brain must be stalled right now. It seems that this means that someone was asked to send a print to two people, but no one's come forward and said so.
My means of double checking my list was to see if anyone's name came up more or less than 2 times (once as a recipient, once as a sender) and it didn't. Each time I referred to someone's name, I checked to see if they were on there as both a donor and a recipient. Clearly, I goofed somewhere, since I didn't send Leon a PM.

Right about now, I wish the PM facility had a way to search the text of the PMs other than downloading all PMs and using something else to search the download.

For now, and since I don't know how often I'll be able to get online before I get cable modem access at the new house tomorrow...

How about it, Leon and MCHickman. Care to exchange with each other?

I'll try to get back online via some means later today and check to see what you decide. I should have regular Internet access restored tomorrow or the day after.

-KwM-

dschneller
02-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Printed this week and posted in the mail today. Your print is on it's way Dwane.

Dave

bobfowler
02-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Mine was printed today but due to the holiday on Monday, it won't be in the mail until Tuesday. Watch your mailbox Patrick (aka veriwide)!

mark
02-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Printed and will be in the mail sometime next week. It will be on it's way Mr. Neal.

TPPhotog
02-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Sorry due to a dose of the flu I missed the Post Office today, but my print is packaged and ready to go first thing Monday morning to mikeg :)

mikeg
02-20-2005, 11:29 AM
my print is packaged and ready to go first thing Monday morning to mikeg :)

Looking forward to receiving my first print exchange :)

Trying to catch up as I've been away during the school half-term holiday, but don't worry castilg your print will be in the post by the weekend.

Cheers

Mike