PDA

View Full Version : [Revitalized] Blind Exchange -- Intro

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

rexp
02-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Well I have my print packaged up & ready to go. Thanks to whoever mentioned the foam insulation "sandwitch" method. Piece of cake and it is light to boot. Which brings me to shipping costs. I get to send mine to Portugal (I am honored by this chance) and was checking on the cost. UPS, FedEx, DHL, they were all about $100. Don't know what got me thinking, but according to the good 'ol US Post Office it should cost about $20.

Just thought the rest of you might want to know - every dollar saved is another to spend on film.

kwmullet
02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
One or more folks had to drop out, and the Apple iBook on which I had my only updated copy of the exchange list unceremoniously died. I need to check each of the PMs I sent and see which still aren't opened. I need to re-create my pairing list from the PMs I sent and see what kind of clean-up work and re-pairing still remains to be done. I hope to have done that within 24-hours of this post.

My darkroom is torn down from the old place and won't be back in production at the new place in time to make prints especially for this exchange. Luckily, I've got at least two and maybe three 8x10s that I consider Exchange suitable that I can send.

cheers, all.

-KwM-

argus
02-22-2005, 02:24 AM
My contribution is ready to go!

G

matt miller
02-23-2005, 02:31 PM
I received a print from Dwane yesterday. A framed print, no less. Nice job Dwane! I really like the toning. Thiocarbamide is neat stuff.

Bob Carnie
02-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Bob Fowler

I got you and I will be printing it this weekend and sending sometime next week , I hope you are going to like it.
Bob

mikeg
02-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Print received today from TPPhotog -- many thanks Tony.
By the way, where do you get the bags from that the print came in?

Mine is ready and will be winging its way across the pond to castilg tomorrow.

Mike

TPPhotog
02-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Mike,

Good to hear it made it with all the snow around, we even had some here a couple of days ago. That print would be better on FB but I've only had time to print on RC lately (sorry).

Have to admit the bags come from inkjet "photo" paper which I use to send out proof prints. That way if they don't want to pay for a wet print they don't get a permanant print for free :)

Tony

wbryant
02-25-2005, 07:49 AM
I will be sending out M.Dowdall's print today. I hope you like it.

Will

Ole
02-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Sending Mike_bz5's today. Hope it arrives safely.

argus
02-25-2005, 08:41 AM
I paid a visit to the post office today and TPPhotog should receive his package next week.
I hope you like it.

G

gr82bart
02-25-2005, 09:08 AM
I got Schwinn Paramount (sp?) and have made a Polaroid transfer with my old DayLab. Will mail it this weekend. Hope you like it.

Art.

bobfowler
02-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Bob Fowler

I got you and I will be printing it this weekend and sending sometime next week , I hope you are going to like it.
Bob

Very cool! I look forward to seeing it!

BWGirl
02-25-2005, 10:10 PM
OMG!!! :o Matt Miller, I just got your print today and it is beautiful!!! Thank you so very much!!

I'll be getting mine out first part of next week. Experienced some delays due to Maui-itis ;) & sick hubby.

matt miller
02-25-2005, 10:49 PM
My pleasure, I'm glad that you like it. :)

Dwane
02-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Received your print today Dave, after waiting a week for it to arrive, but the wait was worth it! You have both a great eye and the technical ability to communicate your vision through your photographs. Thank you for a wonderful print.

dschneller
02-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Received your print today Dave, after waiting a week for it to arrive, but the wait was worth it! You have both a great eye and the technical ability to communicate your vision through your photographs. Thank you for a wonderful print.

You're too kind, I'm happy you got the print o.k., you've already made the print exchange worth it for me. Can't wait to get my print in the mail and I wonder where it's coming from. :cool:

Dave

oriecat
03-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Mine will be going out tomorrow, sorry for being a little late.

SuzanneR
03-01-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm a little late too... I'll be toning today, and should be able to get it in the mail by this weekend!

rduraoc
03-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, I received my print from rexp today. And what a great print! I'm only a little embarassed because I was definitely a winner on this exchange, as the print that I received was far better than the one I was able to send...But to make up for it, and to retribute to the comunity, I have just subscribed to APUG.

bobfowler
03-02-2005, 01:00 PM
OK, whose received prints/slides/negatives/whatever so far? Reactions?