PDA

View Full Version : [Revitalized] Blind Exchange -- Intro

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

SchwinnParamount
03-02-2005, 12:15 PM
OK, whose received prints/slides/negatives/whatever so far? Reactions?

February kinda sucks. Someone chopped off the last two days I needed those to get my photo out by 'february 30th' Seriously, my picture to Oriecat is in the envelope and awaiting the trip to the post office today.

SchwinnParamount
03-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I got Schwinn Paramount (sp?) and have made a Polaroid transfer with my old DayLab. Will mail it this weekend. Hope you like it.

Art.
I LOVE polaroid transfer. I can't wait to see it!!!

rexp
03-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Well I am certainly glad that I can be blamed for another subscriber! Thanks Rui

BruceN
03-02-2005, 02:55 PM
I guess I'm tail-end Charlie. Morten, I promise I'll get your print out by the end of the week!

Bruce

mikeb_z5
03-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm getting mine out this weekend

Ole
03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm getting mine out this weekend

... And mine is on the way - mailed a couple of days ago. :)

c6h6o3
03-02-2005, 06:10 PM
My print was mailed to BruceN on Monday evening.

Nikki
03-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Can I join in?

SuzanneR
03-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I just got back from the post office. I've sent a print off to Jim Moore, sorry to be a little late. We've had too many snow days, meaning kids are home more... cuts into darkroom time!

Hope you like it, Jim.

RobJon
03-03-2005, 09:45 PM
I sent mine off to Jim Shanesy, not sure of the forum name, on the 28th. I hope you like it.
RobJon

BWGirl
03-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Gr82BArt!!

It may be 'great to be Art' most of the time, but for today...you are printless. :( I apologize & will have a print off to you by Wednesday! (My sad cow ears are drooping.)

TPPhotog
03-04-2005, 10:32 AM
I paid a visit to the post office today and TPPhotog should receive his package next week.
I hope you like it. G

argus - It survived our combined mail services and arrived today. It's an absolute stunner so many thanks! It will definitely be framed and on the wall here before the end of the month.

Mikeg Ė The print I sent you was one of my experimental shots but hopefully Iíll be in the darkroom again soon (sleep-over shifts permitting) and Iíll send you one of my more typical shots first chance Iíll get.

c6h6o3
03-04-2005, 10:51 AM
I sent mine off to Jim Shanesy, not sure of the forum name, on the 28th. I hope you like it.
RobJon

c6h6o3 is my 'nom de apug'.
-Jim Shanesy

gr82bart
03-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I apologize & will have a print off to you by Wednesday!
No worries. I am looking forward to it. This is so much more exciting than looking at a pic on a computer screen!

Art.

mikeg
03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Mikeg Ė The print I sent you was one of my experimental shots but hopefully Iíll be in the darkroom again soon (sleep-over shifts permitting) and Iíll send you one of my more typical shots first chance Iíll get.

That's OK. I thought it was a really interesting still life. I believed the point of the blind exchange was to be a bit more experimental and alternative and try something different. Certainly, I didn't send castilg a standard fibre "exhibition quality" finished print. I thought that was what the main print exchange was for. I tried something different that I hadn't done before. I won't ruin the surprise for castilg by saying here as he may not have it yet! (Castlig -- Don't get too excited it's not that special ;) ).

Am I wrong? If so, I'd better get back into the darkroom myself!

What sort of "photographic products" are people sending out?

Cheers

Mike

c6h6o3
03-04-2005, 04:07 PM

Cheers

Mike

A mounted, overmatted print for my part. To me a photograph is not finished until it's mounted and matted.

SchwinnParamount
03-04-2005, 06:28 PM

Cheers

Mike

I sent a fiber based b&w print, dry mounted on museum board with no over-mat. The subject was not specifically my usual thing. I was sorta excited about the print so I sent it to see if the recipient would be too.

bobfowler
03-04-2005, 08:22 PM

Last Wednesday I sent out a matted and framed 5X7 print. My recipient hasn't posted to APUG in a while, so I'm hoping that it arrived intact.

BruceN
03-04-2005, 09:11 PM
A mounted, overmatted print for my part. To me a photograph is not finished until it's mounted and matted.

A rather nice mounted and overmatted print, I might add. :) Thanks!

c6h6o3
03-04-2005, 10:41 PM
A rather nice mounted and overmatted print, I might add. :) Thanks!

It should be, if there's any justice in the world. It cost me more to produce than any other picture I've ever made. I knew I had a winner as soon as I took it, but the Franciscans were closing the place and I had only 5 minutes to pack up and get out the door. I was so excited that I dropped my lens onto the marble floor while taking it off the camera, cracking the shutter housing. It cost me $350.00 to have S.K. Grimes mount it in a new shutter. Luckily no glass was damaged. It's by far my favorite lens.