View Full Version : [Revitalized] Blind Exchange -- Intro

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

bobfowler
03-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Package for Bob Fowler on the way.

tracking #23 168 280 448 www.canadapost.ca
should arrive by thurs /fri this week
hope you like the print

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Regards,

Poco
03-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Got my print from John Bartley today. Thanks, John! Nice tonalities and a beautiful location.

John McCallum
03-07-2005, 02:32 PM
A little behind schedule but your print goes out today John B. It's an icon of NZ, hope you like it.
Regards, John.

kwmullet
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
PMs have gone out to the remaining senders. All that remains now is to watch & wait and see if any more hiccups occur. It looks like a good bit of the recipients have received their photography already. I'd like to thank everyone for their unending patience through numerous delays in various phases of my moderation of this round. I hope this is and continues to be a positive creative experience for everyone concerned.

Argus -- I've got your print and as soon as I write up some annotation to go with it, I'll send it on to you. That should be later today or tomorrow.

Cheers all!

-KwM-

matt miller
03-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for organizing all of this. Looks like a lot of work. Print Exchanges are lots of fun.

John Bartley
03-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Got my print from John Bartley today. Thanks, John! Nice tonalities and a beautiful location.

Thank you Michael. I wasn't sure if it was good enough to even justify the postage :( Now I feel better :)

cheers

John Bartley
03-07-2005, 03:58 PM
A little behind schedule

Hi John,

No worries eh? Schedules are something that I gave up on a loooong time ago. Check my signature :)

hehehe :)

BWGirl
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Ah... Art, my submission is on it's way to you as we speak...er type...thank you for your patience! :)

andrewmoodie
03-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Nige, I put your picture in the mail yesterday.

It won't win any awards but I hope you'll like it.

Andrew

RobJon
03-11-2005, 06:57 AM
I just wanted to let you know I received my print from Oriecat, its great, I like it and it will be framed.
RobJon

oriecat
03-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)

bobfowler
03-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Package for Bob Fowler on the way.

tracking #23 168 280 448 www.canadapost.ca
should arrive by thurs /fri this week
hope you like the print

My wife and I just picked it up at the post office. We couldn't wait to get home, so we opened it right there - WOW! Bob, that print is just absolutely beautiful! You've captured a wonderful mood, and your printing is superb. We have a spot on the living room wall picked out for it already.

How about some tech details of that image? Film , etc.. I'd love to know what you used.

Thanks again!

modafoto
03-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I guess I'm tail-end Charlie. Morten, I promise I'll get your print out by the end of the week!

Bruce

Thanks for it! It is GREAT. I have it on my desk at study it a lot. The print is very much unlike what I do. The tones are so different. But SO beautiful.

Thanks, Morten

gr82bart
03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Ah... Art, my submission is on it's way to you as we speak...er type...thank you for your patience! :)

Jeanette,

Thank you so much for the calendar and the print. I absolutely love the calendar and will have that in my office. I like your print too, so I lucked out - I now have 13 pics of yours!

You should offer up your calendar for sale here. The pics are great and I know many others will enjoy them as much as I will.

Thank you so much.

Regards, Art.

Bob Carnie
03-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks Bob
I went to your web site and saw that both of you loved music , so I thought I would give you an image that reflects the feeling of music.

The film is Tri X and the paper is Oriental G4 in Lith Developer, printed with lots of flash to give the smooth tones.

glad you like it.

BruceN
03-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for it! It is GREAT. I have it on my desk at study it a lot. The print is very much unlike what I do. The tones are so different. But SO beautiful.

Thanks, Morten

You're quite welcome. Thanks for the compliment!

Bruce

BWGirl
03-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks, Art!
What a relief! I was really worried about offering up that as a contribution.
I am very happy that you liked it & especially that you have a use for it! :)

gr82bart
03-13-2005, 10:53 PM
...and your printing is superb. This isn't surprising. Bob and another Toronto icon - Andre Laredo - are two of the best traditional printers, IMO.

Art.

SchwinnParamount
03-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I got Schwinn Paramount (sp?) and have made a Polaroid transfer with my old DayLab. Will mail it this weekend. Hope you like it.

Art.

I got my package today. carefully, I opened the outer wrapping. The picture was sandwiched between two stiff pieces of cardboard. I slowly opened them up to get my first look. It stopped my heart.

Oh my gosh, is this beautiful!! Such delicate colors! Beautiful light. Marvelous subject. As soon as I figure out the best way to frame it, It'll be on my living room wall.

Thank you Art!!!

John Bartley
03-17-2005, 05:16 PM
A little behind schedule but your print goes out today John B. It's an icon of NZ, hope you like it.
Regards, John.

Well......!!!

The title says it all.

This is an absolutely beautiful scene and if I was going to aim for a presentation, this would have captured it perfectly!!

On the wall with this one.

Thank you John McCallum.