PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2013 - Here We Go Again

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

bill schwab
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Bill, what do anticipate the cost for the workshop with Clay Harmon will be?Great that you are coming back!

As for Clay's shop, we are still running numbers, but hope to keep it below $400 including materials for the 3 days. That will be based upon a 6-8 person limit. I'll have more details soon. Glad you are interested!

bill schwab
01-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Bill, we are leaving early on Friday Feb 1st,This is tempting... a longshot, but tempting. I'll be up at the property then, but not sure I have the time to go the rest of the way. Thanks for the invite!

Andrew Moxom
01-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Bill, we are now staying an extra day, and leaving Sunday now...

Toffle
02-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm booked in for the 20th with my brother in law again. We'll be looking to hitch-hike a ride to O'Neal, as neither of us has a car that can take those roads. Hopefully there will be a caravan of sorts heading out there this year. I can't wait to see everyone!

bill schwab
02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm booked in for the 20th with my brother in law again. We'll be looking to hitch-hike a ride to O'Neal, as neither of us has a car that can take those roads. Hopefully there will be a caravan of sorts heading out there this year. I can't wait to see everyone!Great! As soon as the snow melts I plan to get back into O'Neal to see how the road is. it got pretty bad going back in and some of the fisherman have been talking of trying to get the DNR back in there to smooth it a bit.

Oxleyroad
02-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Hi Bill. Got up that way in 2010 with a rushed work trip to the U.S. the year Photostock was not really on. Missed everyone at the Birchwood Inn, but loved the whole region. This year there is some more planning on my side and hope to make it if you'll tolerate an Aussie (pronounced Ozzie).

James (jmxphoto) gave me the run down via phone and PM. Shame we never met.

daleeman
02-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Bill,
Will have to withdraw, bumer, really wanted to go. 4 legs of the extended family planned a family reunion for the same weekend. But it is in Hocking Hills, one of my favorite areas. So I will be shooting, just in a different area.

Called the Birchwood Inn and canceled my reservation for the room. so if someone needs one my old one is available as of NOW.

Lee Gephart

bill schwab
02-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Very sorry to here that, Lee! Sounds like you have a great back-up plan though. Have a great time and keep us in mind. Same time next year.

Toffle
02-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Lee, we'll miss you. Do me a favour... Leave a couple of well-marked tripod holes for me in Hocking Hills. I'll be taking a little vacation there in July. :)

djkloss
02-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I start a new job on Tuesday. I've been wanting to come to this for several years but the job always gets in the way. It's on my to-do list but I don't know how to make it happen with a new job and all. We'll see...

bill schwab
02-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Dorothy! Congrats on the new job! You'd be a great addition to the crew, but I understand a job is a job. Hope you can make it.

bill schwab
02-12-2013, 10:51 AM
The Kickstarter for a workshop facility is now over $6000! We just might do this. If it works, consider there will be a dedication party at this year's gathering. How cool would that be?

http://kck.st/WZHlmU

Bob Carnie
02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
You just reached your Goal congrads

Booked two rooms at the Birchwood today for Fri and Sat leaving sun.. What would we be missing on the Thursday Bill.

Jeff Bannow
02-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Congrats indeed! Very excited to see the kickstarter was funded.

jmxphoto
03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Got my fri-sat reservations in! Really excited to see everyone and hopefully have a barn warming for Bill. Is there an effort to have a model available again this year? It worked out great last year.

Axle
03-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Vacation Request Approved! Room Booked at the Birchwood!

(There's only one room left btw)

TheFlyingCamera
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Bill - do you have an agenda for the weekend yet? I'm trying to work out the schedule and want to make sure of my planned dates. I'm thinking of coming up the day before and leaving the day after, flying in and out of Detroit. Is there somewhere else better to fly through? (I'm coming from DC).

SuzanneR
03-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Scott, Pellston is the closest airport.

TheFlyingCamera
03-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Ok- it makes way more sense to fly to Detroit. I'd have to fly through Detroit to get to Pellston anyway, and the DC-Detroit R/T ticket is $178. The cheapest to Pellston is around $450.

TheFlyingCamera
03-20-2013, 07:11 PM
ok- booked my room! Next stop, plane ticket.