PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2013 - Here We Go Again

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Kerik
05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Booked a flight, so I'll be there!

Colin Corneau
05-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Registered, can't wait to attend my first Photostock. Hope you like Aberlour, Bill. :)

Andrew Moxom
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I am planning on starting my slow drive over on Saturday June 15th? I will likely stop at Escanaba, and likely stay at a campground in Christmas near Munising to see Pictured Rocks for a day or so. If anyone is interested, we can connect, and may be go do some shooting? I plan on making my way over to the Birchwood Inn for Tuesday. I want to take it a little easier going over this time. Fingers crossed I will have the wet plate trailer and any bugs worked out. I am looking forward to making some plates on the road with a reliable water source on board, more space, and not having to reconfigure my vehicle every time I want to make a plate! I am very much looking forward to the event again this year. Should be a fun time. So anyone interested in taking a wander prior to the main event let me know.... A

Thomas Bertilsson
05-30-2013, 08:22 PM
I am planning on starting my slow drive over on Saturday June 15th? I will likely stop at Escanaba, and likely stay at a campground in Christmas near Munising to see Pictured Rocks for a day or so. If anyone is interested, we can connect, and may be go do some shooting? I plan on making my way over to the Birchwood Inn for Tuesday. I want to take it a little easier going over this time. Fingers crossed I will have the wet plate trailer and any bugs worked out. I am looking forward to making some plates on the road with a reliable water source on board, more space, and not having to reconfigure my vehicle every time I want to make a plate! I am very much looking forward to the event again this year. Should be a fun time. So anyone interested in taking a wander prior to the main event let me know.... A

Andy, Heidi and I are heading out Sunday. Swinging by her parents' house for Father's Day, and then likely spending the first day at JW Wells SP, tenting it. We will then drive around the UP until we head South to Emmet County.
Perhaps we can meet up somewhere one of those in between days.

- T

eclarke
05-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Booked a flight, so I'll be there!

Cool, I've been hoping to meet you.. Evan Clarke

Jeff Bannow
05-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Don't forget to bring a print with you for the annual print exchange. I'll be running the print exchange again this year, and it will be happening on Saturday.

Andrew Moxom
05-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Thomas. I will likely be meeting Sean Depuyt and Gim said he would drive up there. So will be stopping on Escanaba to meet Sean, then driving to Munising to meet Gim at Pictured Rocks.. There are some great places to shoot and hike around there. There is a little own called Christmas that is very cool with great geology on the Eastern part of Superior. A

Toffle
05-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Don't forget to bring a print with you for the annual print exchange. I'll be running the print exchange again this year, and it will be happening on Saturday.

I promise to bring a print this year. (No, really... I will) :)

billschwab
06-02-2013, 01:12 PM
This is great! Happy to hear of all who are coming!

We're coming down the home stretch now and I've just sent out a newsletter to all who have registered. If you didn't get it, you must not be on the list yet. If you haven't registered, get in there!

http://mad.ly/b4a9c3

Check it out as there are a lot of photos of the building progress. I am home on a very short, weekend break and then back up again in the morning to hopefully oversee the building's exterior finish. We're a little later than I had hoped, but all is still going well and we should be just about done this week.

PS... Please look at the volunteer request in the letter, particularly if you're good on the barbecue!

jovo
06-02-2013, 03:25 PM
As I will have retired three weeks from now, I've resolved to get to Photostock next year or have one helluva good excuse not to..., and I don't foresee any helluva good excuse I would put up with!! ;)

Axle
06-03-2013, 01:19 PM
17 Days to go!

billschwab
06-04-2013, 10:55 PM
17 Days to go! And I'm busting it trying to get as much done on the building as possible for the open house on Saturday. We're getting closer every day! Today the roof was finished and I hung the doors. We're now completely closed to weather. Tomorrow comes the soffits and the siding! The countdown is on!

Molli
06-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to leave a note to thank you, Bill, for your wonderful newsletters with the photos and videos. I do, however, have to tell you what an absolute tease they are to someone on the other side of the world! Wish I was THERE :)

mjs
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Getting more excited as the days before Photostock tick off and the thought occurred to me -- I don't have to be home right away afterwards. I could spend another two or three days, maybe in the UP. Anyone have any suggestions for that? I was looking at a map and the Pictured Rocks area looks like fun. I could take a tent and a sleeping bag and go cheap. How much of a drive is it to the Pictured Rocks area from the Bridge?

Mike

eclarke
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Getting more excited as the days before Photostock tick off and the thought occurred to me -- I don't have to be home right away afterwards. I could spend another two or three days, maybe in the UP. Anyone have any suggestions for that? I was looking at a map and the Pictured Rocks area looks like fun. I could take a tent and a sleeping bag and go cheap. How much of a drive is it to the Pictured Rocks area from the Bridge?

Mike

About 120 miles, but a really nice 120 miles!!!

Mackinaw
06-07-2013, 09:28 AM

It's about a two hour drive. I lived in Munising for several years so have a good knowledge of the area. There is a trail along the top of the Pictured Rocks (great views) but the Rocks are best seen from the water. Consider renting a kayak, or taking the boat cruise out of Munising. Also be aware that June is in the middle of "bug season" so if you do any hiking, you will be accompanied by hordes of mosquitoes, black flies and deer flies.

Consider visiting or staying in Grand Marais, on Lake Superior, which is about 25 miles north of Seney. You'll have easy access to the Grand Sable dunes which are very impressive, especially in the evening as the low sun angle makes for dramatic shadows on the dunes. You can easily walk on the dunes too, and, because they're more exposed to the wind, no bugs.

Look on the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore website for more info on the Rocks and the Dunes.

Jim B.

Early Riser
06-08-2013, 10:34 AM
I might be passing by there on my way north, wondering if I should stop by....

Toffle
06-08-2013, 11:04 AM

yes

Arnaldov
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
ANYONE STILL LOOKING FOR A ROOM?

I reserved the Family Suite at the Birchwood and would love to find 1 or 2 people to share the extra room. Let me know if anyone of you is still looking for a place to stay. I have the room for three nights from Thursday 6/20 until Sunday 6/23.

arnaldostudio@gmail.com

I'm so excited and counting down the days to my first trip to Photostock! Can't wait to meet everyone!

rbender
06-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Brian stop by, it's great to put a face to a name.