PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2013 - Here We Go Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

billschwab
06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Hello!

Just got word from the Birchwood that they are filled! I can't believe it is all just us, but pretty cool!

Another newsletter is going out soon. As usual I am still working on a loose schedule, but we all know it's not the schedule that brings everyone. We're going to have fun no matter what!

***Just to let everyone know, it has been crazy around here trying to get the building's exterior and my contract with the builder completed. We also have a workshop running there until Wednesday evening and will be doing work at the site right up until showtime on Saturday. Until then, all scheduled activity will be at the Birchwood and I'd very much appreciate if everyone would hold off on stopping by the property until the TBA starting time.

Also, on Saturday there will be no driving into the site, so all cars will have to be parked on the road. For this reason, I am hoping people will carpool from the hotel to the open house.

More details to come via the newsletter!

Early Riser
06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Brian stop by, it's great to put a face to a name.

Turns out I won't be able to make it, I hope you all have a great time!!

holgagirl
06-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I am looking forward to attending my first Photostock and attending the workshop with Clay!

Jerry Basierbe
06-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Heading up in 1 week. I can't wait!

billschwab
06-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Another update....

I heard today from Dan Seybold that, like last year, he has booked a model from Petoskey that will be available for work with those that may be interested. Details are sketchy at this point, but more will be known soon. Feel free to contact me at the following link and I will put you in touch with Dan to get on the list.

Model Shoot (http://northlightworkshops.com/contact.html)

There are also some newly registered folks that may not have gotten the recent newsletter. You can view it and catch up at the link below.

Recent Newsletter (http://mad.ly/b4a9c3)

Still more to come!

Dinesh
06-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Bill, have a good one.

Raise a pint for me.

billschwab
06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Bill, have a good one.

Raise a pint for me.Thank you, D! Wish I could hoist that pint with you!

limnidytis
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm planning on arriving a couple of days early, and was looking for suggested shooting locations.
Thanks

Mackinaw
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm planning on arriving a couple of days early, and was looking for suggested shooting locations.
Thanks

Are you talking day trips or an overnighter?

For scenics, head on up to the mini-sand dunes a few miles north of Cross Village on North Lake Shore Drive. Nice place to photograph, especially at sunset. Ocqueoc Falls, just north of Onaway, is another scenic place. And of course, I can't forget Mackinaw Island. For street photography, roam around downtown Harbor Springs or Petoskey. If you want to walk around a real "big" town, try Traverse City.

Jim B.

Thomas Bertilsson
06-13-2013, 11:01 PM
I am done packing. :)70228

See you all on Thursday.

Axle
06-14-2013, 07:22 AM

See you all on Thursday.

I'll be starting the packing on Monday, loading up my holders with some HP5 and Delta 100. and some Odds and Sods in 35mm and 120, RVP, E100GX, Efke IR, even some ancient Kodak Tech Pan!

David Brown
06-14-2013, 07:37 AM

Is that enough? :p

Photographica
06-16-2013, 01:04 PM
My first Photostock and really looking forward to it.
Quick question about the print exchange. What is typically brought to this? Mounted/unmounted/8x10(larger)...
any coaching is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Thomas Bertilsson
06-16-2013, 02:04 PM
My first Photostock and really looking forward to it.
Quick question about the print exchange. What is typically brought to this? Mounted/unmounted/8x10(larger)...
any coaching is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Bring something you're proud of! Size isn't that important, as long it's practical to bring. :)
That's my opinion.

Thomas Bertilsson
06-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Is that enough? :p

I added a few more rolls just in case.

djkloss
06-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I've been waiting for this opportunity for several years and I'm finally doing it! I am so excited to meet everyone and see old friends too.
Looking forward with much anticipation. :) Will there be any vendors? selling things like film, film holders etc?

Thanks, Dorothy

Axle
06-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Let's see if I can survive this three day work week :D

Tonight - Clean Musket
Tomorrow - Pack Camera Gear.
Wed - Band Practice, Pack Clothes.
Thurs - Depart, 05:00.

Thomas Bertilsson
06-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Am in the UP, just woke up from the first night of camping. Burnt through a roll of film already, but honestly I'm just enjoying being here. So beautiful. 70395

It IS tick season in a big way, though, so watch out, folks. There are very many of them!

Mackinaw
06-17-2013, 09:09 AM
.....It IS tick season in a big way, though, so watch out, folks. There are very many of them!

Ticks are most common in grassy areas. Stick to the forest, and avoid open fields, and you'll be OK.

The U.P. is a hotbed for ticks, they're less of a problem in the NLP. Still, I've been finding more and more around where I live (an hour from Petoskey) as the years go by.

Jim B.

TheFlyingCamera
06-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Ticks are most common in grassy areas. Stick to the forest, and avoid open fields, and you'll be OK.

The U.P. is a hotbed for ticks, they're less of a problem in the NLP. Still, I've been finding more and more around where I live (an hour from Petoskey) as the years go by.

Jim B.

Don't forget long pants, tall socks, and preferably hiking boots you can tuck the pants into to deny ticks access. If the grasses are really tall, then long sleeves are a good idea too. Double-check when you get in that none have hitched a ride on your pants.