PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio Gathering, May 17-18-19, 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

xwxobs
05-16-2013, 09:20 PM
I just thought I'd drop a quick note and say Hi. I am new to APUG, but old to film. My first camera was a 110 back in the late 70's and my 1st serious camera was a Ricoh XR-7 35mm SLR in 1981. Although I do have a DSLR, I find myself wanting to shoot with film more than the instant gratification of digital. Anyway, I am bringing my friend Jeri, who is relatively new to photography and very new to film. We both will be shooting 35mm, although I may throw in an old Kodak folder or two or maybe even my Eastar 120 TLR... We shall see you all Saturday morning and then again Sunday. Hoping to see Mat & Alex again, (and anyone else who attended!) who I recently met @ the FPP Walking Workshop in Findlay.

Lee L
05-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Sorry Lee. Some times it goes that way. Hopefully things will improve.

John

Thanks John,

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, but everyone is relatively well here, just extremely busy.

Lee

jp80874
05-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Dale - ic-racer

All my 16x20 paper boxes are Kentmere. Not guilty.

jp80874
05-17-2013, 06:31 AM
With 24-30 people coming we are very short on chairs. If you have an extra or two and still some room in the car, that would help.

Thanks,

John

jp80874
05-17-2013, 06:37 AM
I just thought I'd drop a quick note and say Hi. I am new to APUG, but old to film. My first camera was a 110 back in the late 70's and my 1st serious camera was a Ricoh XR-7 35mm SLR in 1981. Although I do have a DSLR, I find myself wanting to shoot with film more than the instant gratification of digital. Anyway, I am bringing my friend Jeri, who is relatively new to photography and very new to film. We both will be shooting 35mm, although I may throw in an old Kodak folder or two or maybe even my Eastar 120 TLR... We shall see you all Saturday morning and then again Sunday. Hoping to see Mat & Alex again, (and anyone else who attended!) who I recently met @ the FPP Walking Workshop in Findlay.

Welcome Kevin. Jeri is welcome, but I would be grateful if you would pm his whole name, address, email, phone# and an emergency contact. We just like to know who is here, has access to our home, etc.

Thanks,

John

jp80874
05-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Today - Friday May 17
75°F
57°F
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
ENE at 10 mph

Sat May 18
79°
62°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
E at 9 mph

Sun May 19
76°
65°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
SE at 12 mph

mat4226
05-17-2013, 08:34 AM
For everybody that's heading out to the Flats on Saturday, my buddies over at Aperture: A Photography and Variety Store in Tremont will be opening up shop at 10:30 for anyone looking to load up on film!

Shawn Dougherty
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Yup - can't wait to see you all!

Just PM'd you about Saturday Jeff.

Nicholas Lindan
05-17-2013, 05:11 PM
John:

I thought I might be there this evening - but work is (still) running late...

I would like to meet up with the group in the flats. I'm probably not the only one in this position - getting to the flats from So. Euclid via Akron isn't optimal...

Where/when does the group plan (plan, Ha!) on getting down there?

All the best for a great evening at your end,

Nick

jp80874
05-17-2013, 06:12 PM
John:

I thought I might be there this evening - but work is (still) running late...

I would like to meet up with the group in the flats. I'm probably not the only one in this position - getting to the flats from So. Euclid via Akron isn't optimal...

Where/when does the group plan (plan, Ha!) on getting down there?

All the best for a great evening at your end,

Nick

Herding cats

10 maybe

Nicholas Lindan
05-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Herding cats

10 maybe

OK - see you folks at the strip club (er, the parking lot outside the closed strip club - or do they do a Saturday morning early-bird special?).

jp80874
05-17-2013, 09:22 PM
OK - see you folks at the strip club (er, the parking lot outside the closed strip club - or do they do a Saturday morning early-bird special?).

Not sure where we are going yet. Peter is going down earlier. We will meet up. There will also be guys from the mwlfa roaming around. They are supposed to come in late tonight.

htimsdj
05-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi Everyone - Sorry for the late reply! I have been really busy, but I would love to meet for breakfast on Sunday. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll meet at the restaurant at 10:00 on Sunday morning.

Jeff

Nicholas Lindan
05-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I left a footswitch for Dan Henderson at John's house - it is sitting on the glass table outside.

Nick

jp80874
05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Hi Everyone - Sorry for the late reply! I have been really busy, but I would love to meet for breakfast on Sunday. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll meet at the restaurant at 10:00 on Sunday morning.

Jeff

That is the plan. It will be good to see you.

jp80874
05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
I left a footswitch for Dan Henderson at John's house - it is sitting on the glass table outside.

Nick

Thanks Nick. I was in the darkroom, upstairs.

Nicholas Lindan
05-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks Nick. I was in the darkroom, upstairs.

Yeah, I drove around the flats for an hour this morning trying to find the group - then went to your house, waited for a half hour to see if anyone would show, and finally went home.

Some things are just not meant to be...

Nick

jp80874
05-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I drove around the flats for an hour this morning trying to find the group - then went to your house, waited for a half hour to see if anyone would show, and finally went home.

Some things are just not meant to be...

Nick

Dan got it and said he will contact you about payment.

mjs
05-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Three of us from the Midwest Large Format Asylum came from Indiana and Illinois and we had a great time. Thanks, John, for putting on such a fun event! Sorry that we weren't able to meet up with the rest of you folks other than Saturday evening. We arrived late Friday night after stopping at a lighthouse on Lake Erie near Toledo on the way. We were up early Saturday at 4:30 AM to make an early start photographing in Cleveland and had such a good time that we barely made it to your place for dinner.. We were up relatively early again Sunday morning for some more exploration in Cleveland and tried to get to the flats to see whether anyone was there but were stymied by thousands of people running through the streets and blocking our way in that direction! After trying to get around them for a while we decided that we couldn't get back to Richland in time for the 10:00 breakfast, and we're sorry we missed that. Had a blast, though, and look forward to next time!

Mike

Jeff Bannow
05-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Thanks to John for a great event! Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next gathering.