PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio Gathering, May 17-18-19, 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

daleeman
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
So cute! I'm guessing there will be many more photos. And a great day to be born (my little guy's b-day is the 6th as well).

Beth, yes its a great day to have a birthday. BTW, happy birthday to your son.:whistling:

djkloss
02-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I have yet to see his work in person but have enjoyed it on the web for sometime. Being a big Andrew Wyeth fan it's fascinating to see photographs made in the Olson House. I'd love to take a look at your copy of "Structure" next time I'm out, John. If you don't mind of course.

Congrats, to that other Lee! =)

John, I think it was "Structure". I haven't looked at it in awhile.

daleeman
02-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Peeked in to see where people were thinking of going out to shoot when we gather. There are so many places, the Flats, the Farm Museum, the Water Falls, the Ledges, etc. Would anyone be brave enough to do LG street photography with real people in it?

mat4226
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm in for any and all shooting that goes on that weekend. LF street photography isn't easy, but it's always worth a shot! :D

jp80874
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
It usually takes me an hour to set up my first shot with the 7x17. I guess I better look up convalescent homes in the yellow pages to get a few hot prospect addresses.

John

djkloss
02-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Sounds intriguing. I could go for an alley or train yard. Skyscrapers in the background?

winger
02-20-2013, 10:45 PM
I've gone street shooting with 35mm and used half a roll (and got a few keepers). So I'm game to try with 4x5. Still hoping I can make it!

jp80874
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Sounds intriguing. I could go for an alley or train yard. Skyscrapers in the background?

Dorothy,

Come with us to the Flats. Your image is there. Do stay more than a safe distance from the RR tracks. I was standing what seemed like a very safe distance from the tracks near a Rapid Transit station with Peter. Next thing we knew the Rapid police showed up to find the terrorists the drivers had reported. I did my 72 year old student routine that Peter has grown to hate. It did get us off, once again, but we have stayed many feet from any track since.

John

jp80874
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
I've gone street shooting with 35mm and used half a roll (and got a few keepers). So I'm game to try with 4x5. Still hoping I can make it!

Unknown territory for me , but go for it and enjoy.

Really enjoyed seeing you, Peter, Mat, Lee and his son David at FAVA. Hope we all get juried in.

John

Axle
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Count me in!

As for LF street photography, sounds like fun, I should have a 4x5 at that point to join in the fun. Maybe do some Super 8 work as well?

If I get the time off of work I'll be hitting up the Exhibit at the Clevland Art Gallery before hand: http://www.clevelandart.org/events/exhibitions/american-vesuvius-aftermath-mount-st-helens-frank-gohlke-and-emmet-gowin before coming down. I'll also be doing the camping thing (hoping for good weather).

jp80874
02-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey Alex,

Glad you are coming. The Mt. St. Helens exhibit is dramatic. Highly recommended. I really like their work.

Camping should be great. Hopefully your friend Mat will be there to demonstrate the exotic art of laying ground cloth and/or how to find a motel on a full rainy weekend at midnight.

John

Axle
02-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Camping should be great. Hopefully your friend Mat will be there to demonstrate the exotic art of laying ground cloth and/or how to find a motel on a full rainy weekend at midnight.

LOL! Weather has only twice pushed me to a hotel, once because of a massive thunderstorm, and not enough dirt to properly secure my tent, the other time was because it was going down to -15C (5F).

But I've survived thunderstorms in Canvas military tents in the style of the 19th Century. Maybe I should bring the big wall tent :P

jp80874
02-22-2013, 08:10 AM
L.... Maybe I should bring the big wall tent :P

Nick brings one every now and then, big enough for an old fashion camp meeting. I fear to think which religion.

Three Michiganders have gone upscale to trailers, but I am not sure Billís counts. I donít think he sleeps in it intentionally, but the way it smelled when the bottle went over last summer I feared he might pass out in it.

JP

jp80874
02-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Crowing time. I mentioned earlier that some of us might enter the six state FAVA photo show in Oberlin. Peter, Mat and I each got single images in. Bethe got two of her Mordancage prints in. Show opens March 3rd and runs through March at the FAVA Gallery in Oberlin, OH.

JP

Jeff Bannow
02-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Crowing time. I mentioned earlier that some of us might enter the six state FAVA photo show in Oberlin. Peter, Mat and I each got single images in. Bethe got two of her Mordancage prints in. Show opens March 3rd and runs through March at the FAVA Gallery in Oberlin, OH.

JP

Congrats to you all!

Dan Henderson
02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Congrats to you all!

Jeff: are Dan & Silke coming with you guys this trip? I'm bringing plenty of Yungling!

Axle
02-24-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll bring down some Steam Whistle and some selections from Mill Street as well from Canada!

Also, got a 4x5 rather excited!

jp80874
02-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Jeff, Thanks for all.

BYO and be careful around the waterfalls. I think they are 33% rather than 7.5%

Axle, Congratulations. If needed, you will find many coaches here. Some will even wait for you to ask for information.

John

Shawn Dougherty
02-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Axle, Congratulations. If needed, you will find many coaches here. Some will even wait for you to ask for information.

John

:p Nice one, John!

Axle
02-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Jeff, Thanks for all.

LOL! Excellent, I will be asking for help for sure. I have a 90mm lens on it's way and just ordered some HP5 and FP4 today. I can't wait to give this baby a try.