PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio Gathering, May 17-18-19, 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Jeff Bannow
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Jeff: are Dan & Silke coming with you guys this trip? I'm bringing plenty of Yungling!

Very good question - I've extended the invitation but they haven't decided yet. I'll see if I can prod them in the right direction ....

Dan Henderson
02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Very good question - I've extended the invitation but they haven't decided yet. I'll see if I can prod them in the right direction ....

Well, if the beer doesn't seal the deal I don't know what else will work.

Jeff Bannow
02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, if the beer doesn't seal the deal I don't know what else will work.

Good news - it worked! They are planning on joining us, and bringing the wet plate gear too.

jp80874
02-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Good news. I have carefully maintained the old red wagon, their prop, throughout the winter. Speaking of wetplate, where is Charlie?

JP

Red Tractors
02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
I'd like to drive over and check this out, if your not adverse to mildly antisocial forum lurkers showing up. I'm from the Findlay area.

Dan Henderson
02-27-2013, 01:35 PM
I'd like to drive over and check this out, if your not adverse to mildly antisocial forum lurkers showing up. I'm from the Findlay area.

Heh, sounds like you will fit right in with this bunch!

jp80874
02-27-2013, 02:53 PM

Red Tractors,

I think Dan hit it on the head. Welcome.

Everyone attending came for the first time at one point, even the host. This event works because people who like it come back and contribute their interest. It builds because new people come to see what it is all about and end up adding something of their own. If the event doesn’t grow, it dies. You all come and bring prints to show if you want.

In the first post I wrote, “If you have not been here before please PM me with name, address, phone, email and emergency contact in case you do something you shouldn’t have. I will return with directions and our phone number.”

I purposely copied Bill Schwab’s plan of stating various times during the event when, in theory, we would all come together. Those are Friday evening after 5 PM, 9 AM and 5 PM Saturday, and Sunday 10 AM brunch. Other times are catch as catch can.

Please ask any questions you have. Let me know if you are camping. Come and enjoy.

John & Dolly Powers

Red Tractors
02-27-2013, 04:15 PM
John,

PM on the way shortly

Aaron

Red Tractors,

I think Dan hit it on the head. Welcome.

Everyone attending came for the first time at one point, even the host. This event works because people who like it come back and contribute their interest. It builds because new people come to see what it is all about and end up adding something of their own. If the event doesn’t grow, it dies. You all come and bring prints to show if you want.

In the first post I wrote, “If you have not been here before please PM me with name, address, phone, email and emergency contact in case you do something you shouldn’t have. I will return with directions and our phone number.”

I purposely copied Bill Schwab’s plan of stating various times during the event when, in theory, we would all come together. Those are Friday evening after 5 PM, 9 AM and 5 PM Saturday, and Sunday 10 AM brunch. Other times are catch as catch can.

Please ask any questions you have. Let me know if you are camping. Come and enjoy.

John & Dolly Powers

daleeman
02-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Welcome Red Tractors,
Great Group. Dolly & John are wonderful hosts and it is something I always look forward too; spending time with them and all the others.
you just have to look out for me, I'm whacko.

the Other Lee

jp80874
02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
John,

PM on the way shortly

Aaron

Aaron,

Thanks for the contact information. Welcome. Have a great time. Tell us what we can do to improve the event. Tell us how we can make it better for you.

John

jp80874
02-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Welcome Red Tractors,
Great Group. Dolly & John are wonderful hosts and it is something I always look forward too; spending time with them and all the others.
you just have to look out for me, I'm whacko.

the Other Lee

Other Lee,

Yes, of course you are, but how is he going to tell you from the united whackos of NE OH?

John

Shawn Dougherty
02-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Mr. Powers had previously asked that we we post images made during his Gatherings to help spur interest...

So.... Here is an image I made at the ledges last year with Matt and Lee L:

Fallen, Ritchie Ledges

And several from other visits:

Spring Creek

Little Grove

Tree and Ledges

Buttermilk Falls

Forest Rhythms

Spring Creek

Boulder and Ledges

Starry Night, Morning Light

Inner Glow

Decaying Stump

Blue Hen Falls

Ritchie Ledges

Stone Stairs

Tunnel

Sorry about the dark borders when you click on them, I much prefer white but that's how these links are being displayed and I don't know how to change it.

jp80874
02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
GREAT!!! pictures, but who is this Mr. Powers?

No, REALLY GREAT !!!! pictures.

I think your Blue Hen is Butter Milk Falls, about a mile down river.

Mr. Powers, Sir!

Jeff Bannow
02-28-2013, 12:28 PM

I think he's referring to Austin Powers ....

Shawn Dougherty
02-28-2013, 12:44 PM

No, REALLY GREAT !!!! pictures.

I think your Blue Hen is Butter Milk Falls, about a mile down river.

Mr. Powers, Sir!

Thanks, Mr. Powers, Sir! =) Another year or two and I might try to put together a portfolio... We'll see.

The horizontal falls is Buttermilk. I made that when you and the girls met me, Lee L and That Other Lee one morning.

The square falls is Blue Hen, from the bottom and up close.

I think he's referring to Austin Powers ....

I didn't think John wanted to make his other identity public...?
Nice job, Jeff.
:p

daleeman
02-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Other Lee,

Yes, of course you are, but how is he going to tell you from the united whackos of NE OH?

John

Why Sir, it's easy, I have a Southern Draw since I am from Dayton

daleeman
02-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Shawn,
Where is the tunnel?

Shawn Dougherty
02-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Shawn,
Where is the tunnel?

It connects the Happy Days Lodge Parking lots, That Other Lee.

jp80874
02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
I'll lie down corrected. You really can pull amazing light out of those rocks. Congratulations. Fantastic job.

Thanks for adding the images.

John P.

Axle
03-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Alright so looking at the map, and the photos...I'm really looking forward to this!