PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #28 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Oxleyroad
06-19-2013, 06:39 AM
23/30 for this round.

Today a card from Wayne Frederick arrived. Wonderfully framed picture of a massive dog kite. Such a thin a thin photo paper has survived really well. While there is some motion blurr the image is otherwise razor sharp with vivid whites and deep blacks. Thanks

megzdad81
06-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Received Wayne Frederick's 'Snoopy on a Tether' (my title) today. Great photo--I just don't get how you guys/gals can get such good prints out of outdated paper. I guess mine is not only outdated but also cooked.

Mike Wilde
06-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Wayne Frederick I received one and a half copies of Snoopy on a Tether on the same day. The half ( which happened to be the one with my full address on) came in a plastic bag from my mail organization saying sorry that the product was damamged in the mail stream. Perhaps the other half made it's way back to the maker, who sent me a second print?
I quite like it.

Uwe Pilz A dreamy quite nice coffee toned image of a Scottish thisle, I think.
Nice. I have yet the time to take in the detial. I just wanted to let you know from this brief comment it had arrived.

Oxleyroad
06-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Wayne Frederick. Got my second complete picture of the dog kite. I really have been spoilt. Now my two kids 7 & 5 can each have their own as they both love the picture. If I got two who missed out?

mooseontheloose
06-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I too, got two cards from Wayne Frederick. Thanks Wayne -- these big old balloons always bring a smile to my face.

MattKing
06-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I too, got two cards from Wayne Frederick. Thanks Wayne -- these big old balloons always bring a smile to my face.

+1

Or should I say +2?

Wayne, your postal service thanks you:D

JimO
06-26-2013, 04:45 PM
long time gone... and a trip to the PO yields lotsa surpirises.

welcome home mr. contrast, haslguitar

through the window, bluejeh

man with his horse, mjs

picnic time?, george nova scotia

angel at westminister abbey, bluejeh2

litchfield national park, oxleroad

louvre, detail, rudiger

now with some time to spare will sit and enjoy these and the others i've received this round - thank you all!

jvo

JimO
06-26-2013, 05:27 PM
also rec'd ths round i believe from peter schrager, backlot in las vegas! thank you peter!

megzdad81
07-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Sorry for the late post, but I've been dealing with neck surgery, pain meds, and a really nasty brace for a couple of months. I wanted to acknowledge some post cards that I don't quite remember them coming in:

Rudiger--'Louvre Detail' -- neat, and one day I hope to see it in person

haslguitar--'Welcome Home, Mr. Contrast'--reminded me a lot of when I lived in Indiana. Usually when the last bird arrived, the whole flock would take off in
a swirl, so there must have been some more stragglers ...

Wayne Frederick -- 'Huge Dog Comes In for a Landing' -- the print looks great--I am constantly amazed at the performance of out of date paper with APUG photographers. When my paper goes out of date it becomes irretrievably fogged over night ...

If I have missed anyone else, I can't locate them, but I enjoyed all I received--they were nice respites while laid up.

piu58
07-22-2013, 12:55 AM
I received the very fne cards from Ed an Judy Higham. Thank you!

MattKing
07-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I received the very fne cards from Ed an Judy Higham. Thank you!

My guess is that those were their round 29 (not 28) cards.

piu58
07-23-2013, 12:43 AM
> those were their round 29 (not 28) cards

Thank you, I mixed up the head lines.

megzdad81
07-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Matt, I was catching up on late cards from #28 and my late responses--I don't respond well to major surgery.

MattKing
07-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Matt, I was catching up on late cards from #28 and my late responses--I don't respond well to major surgery.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

And I think your post was fine!

ozphoto
08-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Received Wanye Frederick's card - Big Dog; looks like it would have been a fun day for all involved.

So for Round 28 I am20/25 - pretty good! :)

ozphoto
09-17-2013, 01:46 AM
Another card arrived today:

Craig Cross' - Sunset in Maui; a nice take on a typical subject, at first i was thinking Africa - was surprised it was Hawaii! :)

adelorenzo
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am truly sorry that my cards did not get to you yet. I'm sure nobody signs up for one of these things with the intention of messing it up, at least I sure didn't. It's been a bit of a struggle for me with photography the past six months but I think I'm back on track.

Where that leaves us is I still owe 30 people postcards and, in the words of Robert W. Service, a promise made is a debt unpaid. The good news is I have 30 prints drying downstairs and will be mailing them out this week. If you are expecting one and your address has changed since April please PM me.

I also have a stack of awesome postcards to comment on, will do that once mine are in the mail.

Regards,
Anthony

kraker
11-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Anthony, let me be the first one to comment on the promise made. I just wanted to get started on commenting on the round #30 cards today, when I received your beautiful waterfall print. Lovely dreamy shot, well printed, andů upon seeing and feeling this paper, reading the details... I am reminded that I still have a full box minus 2 of this beautiful paper, waiting to be used. I should really give the Ilford Art 300 a try soon!

Thank you, your debt is paid! Well worth the wait, this one. :)

piu58
11-29-2013, 12:41 AM
I received he wonderful waterfall print form Anthony yesterday. Art 300 is the finest paper on the market! (But very very expansive).

George Nova Scotia
12-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Anthony , your wonderful waterfall was in my mailbox yesterday. Thanks for not forgetting us. I hope Santa brings me a box of that paper too, it's about time I tried it.

:):):)