PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #28 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

George Nova Scotia
03-01-2013, 09:26 PM
For all those who haven't mailed your cards yet and have haslguitar on your list please stand by for an updated address via PM. Should in the hour or so when I can get to a real computer.

--------------

OK I think I've sent the new address to most people on the list - except for the ones I've already received a card from - so I'll assume they are already in the mail..

Still a month to go so no need to panic just yet - in fact I need some dark time too..

afrank
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Sorry for the delay on mine ^^. They will be out soon.

treddy
03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Mine just went out!! Fist time participating -- this is very exciting!

Jim17x: "A couple of ducks" -- really loves the serenity of it. Made me happy and relaxed.

Drpsilver: "Cairn, Macugna, Italy" -- I agree with ozphoto, I really enjoyed how gritt this was, and found the composition very elegant.

ozphoto
03-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Warejn: Cave View - I really like this shot. Some lovely tones in the rock face which adds to the mystery of the scene.

edcculus
03-03-2013, 12:57 AM
I was typing up a really awesome post, but my computer crapped out, so here is the abbreviated version:

My daughter was 6 months when I signed up for the exchange, and slept through the night. Now she's 7 months, has started teething, being sick and wanting to crawl and play. She no longer goes to sleep at 8! Many thanks to my wife for letting me into the darkroom tonight to finish off the prints for the exchange.

I should be shipping them on Monday or Tuesday.

Here is what I've recieved so far:

Anikin - Honest Officer - Great use of lines. Now explain how exactly that happens!

Jim 17X - A couple Ducks - I love this low key print. I know the subject is the ducks. What really draws me in is the silhouette of the leaves at the top thought. Tack sharp too.

Carin, Macugnaga, Italy - Great execution through the whole process. Composition, DOF and exposure. The print is just right. Sharp foreground, great texture in the rocks.

Pfiltz
03-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Got 3 so far...

Rince: Love the solitude look of this

Anikin: Now that's funny ;)

Jim17x: Wish I had taken this...Nice job

pipoca
03-03-2013, 11:59 PM
.... all these wonderfully conceived and printed, thoughtfully produced; a challenge to do better. Thank you!

jvo:)

Indeed a challenge to do better! I've gotta' make sure to step it up for the next round based on what I've gotten from the folks here.

I got a card from rince. Poetry both visually and written. Hey, isn't that what photography is? Writing poetry with light. ;)

StoneNYC
03-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Is there a sticky on the exchange? I'd like to understand sizes and requirements, I CAN'T print optically so does this mean I can't participate?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattKing
03-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Is there a sticky on the exchange? I'd like to understand sizes and requirements, I CAN'T print optically so does this mean I can't participate?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All answers are, not surprisingly, in this, the Postcard Exchange sub-forum. It is a Sticky thread with the title of "The Postcard Exchange FAQ". I believe that you will find that all your questions will be answered.

The current exchange is in process, and therefore closed for new entrants. Check the "Schedules" thread in this sub-forum for the sign up "window" for the next Exchange #29.

Roger Thoms
03-04-2013, 02:25 AM
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/97656-postcard-exchange-faq.html

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction.html

Stone, these two links should answer most your questions.

Roger

StoneNYC
03-04-2013, 02:44 AM
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/97656-postcard-exchange-faq.html

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction.html

Stone, these two links should answer most your questions.

Roger

Thank you, I found then via Matt's directions but I appreciate the easy linking :)

Too bad I just missed the entrant bit... :/

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

ozphoto
03-04-2013, 02:47 AM
Ooops double post.

ozphoto
03-04-2013, 02:47 AM

I don't always have access to a darkroom. Have had to send inkjets for several previous rounds as per:

"I moved and my darkroom is not yet finished, am I allowed to send inkjet prints?
You are allowed to do so. The only rule is that the capture media should be a traditional media like film, polaroid etc. But you are allowed to scan and print but please do not over-photoshop your image, this is the APUG postcard exchange, keep it in mind."

StoneNYC
03-04-2013, 03:28 AM
I don't always have access to a darkroom. Have had to send inkjets for several previous rounds as per:

"I moved and my darkroom is not yet finished, am I allowed to send inkjet prints?
You are allowed to do so. The only rule is that the capture media should be a traditional media like film, polaroid etc. But you are allowed to scan and print but please do not over-photoshop your image, this is the APUG postcard exchange, keep it in mind."

Thanks

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

edcculus
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
The baby is sleeping again!!!

All postcards are printed. I'm doing labels today and will drop at the post office tomorrow!

piu58
03-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Yesterday I fount the find carf from MattKing in my letterbox. The water works as a polarisation filter so the photo has a near Infrared look.

BoxBrownie
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Sent out my 20 postcards a few days ago.

Fozzle
03-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Received a great card, Cairn, from Darwin last week, lovely print, thanks :)

I've finished mine and I'll post them in the next few days.

edcculus
03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Recieved "Fleeting Moment" from Rince a few days ago. Very nice print. Good critical focus and extremely shallow DOF!

ozphoto
03-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Two cards arrived in BKK today:

Rince's "Fleeting Moment" - I enjoy seeing everyday objects captured in the most simplistic of ways. Great use of DOF, and muted contrast range.
BoxBrownie's "Down by the Jetty" - a really lovely scene. (At first I thought it could be TH - the Chao Praya.) Lovely tonal range - think I need to pick up some Rollei 100 Retro to try myself.