View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #28 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Jim17x
03-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Jim, which one did I send you, haha

"Palm at Bahia Honda"

edcculus
03-19-2013, 03:47 PM
I received your card today.. "Cross at Sunrise" Great card.. Thanks! A name or exchange number would be good because i didn't know if it was from this round because im still waiting on a few from the last round.. Also i received great cards from "horacekenneth" and another card with no name or exchange number.. "Streamside Detail 4" with the name "Slaughter" on the envelope.. Thanks for the great cards everyone!

I just found my mailing list and that card must be from "megzdad81"

Jim - PM sent. Cross at Sunrise was me. Sorry for the confusion!

pipoca
03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
I've gotten some more cards in, and it seems rocks are stones are popular. Thanks to trsvax and megzdad81. I particularly like the post shot from trsvax, as I like the texture of the post itself. The grays from the stones are quite nice too.

The print from megzdad? The shot is beautiful, but I am at a real loss for words about the print itself. The print is beyond description for me. The print! I've gotta' go to TN now! Like, right now! Ohhhhh, the print!

ChristopherCoy
03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Before I stick these in the mail, I just want to verify that there are 35 of us signed up (36 including myself...) correct?

Jim17x
03-20-2013, 04:58 PM
I had 37 on my list but that included my name also.. So 36 were sent by me..

MattKing
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Before I stick these in the mail, I just want to verify that there are 35 of us signed up (36 including myself...) correct?

Based on the first couple of posts in the thread, there are either 40 or 41 people signed up for the exchange.

Assuming that you signed up for "the Max", this means you would have received a list of around 35 people to send cards to.

The difference between the two numbers arises because:

1) not everyone signs up for "the Max" (e.g., I signed up for 24); and
2) you should receive one card from everyone who is on your list to send to.

ChristopherCoy
03-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I did sign up for max, but I've gotten so many PM's with address corrections and one late entry that I wanted to make sure I was sending the correct amount out.

So max really isn't the max then?

MattKing
03-20-2013, 05:12 PM
So max really isn't the max then?

The max is the largest possible number that still ensures that each participant gets one card for every card they send out.

JimO
03-20-2013, 05:18 PM
been away and on my trip to the post office i got the usual bills, AND a whole lotta post cards - definitely, better than my previous post vacation trips to the post box!

from...
steve hankins, old church
steve brown, down by the jetty
mardom, call a pizza
tim reddy, north carolina pier
dennis bieling, fleeting moment
jim christie, busker
trond, on the beach
drpsilver, cairn, macugnaga, italy
black dog, shomei fomatsu
mattking, deasslough
fozzle, the future is now
trsvax, rockin in austin
edculus, cross at daybreak

each a really great picture, done well, thanks to each of you. now into the darkroom to pump out some prints! i'm looking forward to it, thanks to all your fine work.

jvo

George Nova Scotia
03-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the updates, I'll have to post some soon - some new meds have me a bit messed up.

ChristopherCoy I checked the list, yes you had 36 (including yourself) plus the one late arrival. As Matt said the MAX is not always the most - however if you want to send more cards I'm sure we could find an address or two more:)

piu58
03-23-2013, 05:28 AM
I received two more Cards. Trsvax sent me a fine Image "Rock'n in Austin". Additional I love the round stamp.
From slaughter I got a real giant Card Streamside Detail 4. I love the tonality very well.
Thank you!

megzdad81
03-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Well, I see I may have confused things by not identifying myself by my userid or mentioning the postcard exchange 28--I'll do better next time.

Boxbrownie--we really enjoyed "Down by the Jetty" -- we played where is it before reading the back, and we concluded Thailand, so I guess we were at least in the same latitude. Really touched the wanderlust in me

Jim17x--we had the ducks hanging on the fridge and I decided something looked slightly off. Looking closer, we had it upside down! I am so pre-disposed to having to deal with weeds sticking up in front of my camera, it was my instant conclusion that was the same issue. Actually, it's pretty interesting upside down--I'm just going to have to wear my glasses more. I had the same problem with MattKing's "At the End of the Dock", which looked like some abandoned wooden boats I've seen in Louisiana.

Pipoca -- I really like the detail--I am a sucker for landscape and landscape details. I constantly have to tell myself to get closer. I know what you mean about the allergy to the tree--any time I prune our cedar-type bushes, I break out. I think there's an aromatic oil in them.

George Nova Scotia
03-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Wow, how time flies. Time is almost up for the "print & send" portion of this round, so if you're a slow poke like me, time to get in the dark. The last of my cards are drying now and should be in the mail tomorrow. Then I'll have to sit down and acknowledge all the fine cards I've received so far, but right now I've got some trays to empty and clean up for the night.

Pfiltz
03-27-2013, 10:21 PM
I sent 10 5x7's and have received 3 postcards. I'm glad I didn't bother with more....

Weird

George Nova Scotia
03-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Pfiltz, don't give up hope. We do seem to lose a few people each round, but there are more like me who haven't made that trip to post office just yet. Sometimes they are very late, I received a card from round 25 recently, so there is always hope.

kraker
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
My cards went in the mail last Monday.

megzdad81
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Last year and this, I've noticed cards getting stuck inside catalogs and junk mail, so I sent 5x8 envelopes this year. Postage outside the US is the same as for a card. It does sort of defeat the idea of a postcard, though ...

Fozzle
03-29-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm the same, sent 10 but only received 3 so far. I hope they're in the post.

piu58
03-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Yesterday I found Steve Hankins' wonderful Old Church in my letterbox. My wife enjoyed the shot too.

rince
03-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I am going to hide in my makeshift darkroom the rest if the day. In case anyone did not receive my card let me know and I can make you an extra print.