PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 17 (BPX17) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 2 [3]

mjs
06-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Received a lovely, delicate print from BirgerA today. Wife smiled when I unwrapped it, we both like it a lot. Thanks!

Mike

anikin
06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Thant you everyone for your updates! I'm sorry I've been silent for a while, I was on a long trip to Asia. As far as I can tell our round is nearly complete - yet another successful round. In just little over couple of weeks we can start next signup.

Here's what I've got for current status, please correct me if I missed someone:

SENT:
1 Birger (BirgerA)
2 Nicolas (Dali)

NEITHER SENT NOR RECEIVED:
1 Paul (darkroom)
2 Ken (Ken Nadvornick)

SENT AND RECEIVED (DONE!!!!!):
1 Eugene (anikin)
2 Craig (ccross)
3 Wendy (cepwin)
4 David (djhopscotch)
5 Katie (Katie)
6 Laurent (Laurent)
7 Mark (markbarendt)
8 Michael (mjs)
9 Paul (paul_c5x4)
10 Uwe (piu58)
11 Reed (semi-ambivalent)
12 Tim (tim k)

Ken Nadvornick
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM
I guess that sort of narrows down the surprise factor, eh? Mine will be mounted and matted this weekend and in the mail on Monday. So let it be written, so it shall be done...

Ken

anikin
06-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Thank you Craig. I'm glad you like it! I started to worry it might have gotten lost in the mail. I've got the feeling
that unless you mail things Express or Priority, USPS is taking all the time in the world to deliver the print. :blink:

Hello all,

My print went in the mail today (late as always).

Received a beautiful big print from Eugene Anikin a little while ago. Very nice print of an old spy plane engine. Thanks Eugene.

Again, sorry for being late.

Craig

BirgerA
06-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Received a lovely, delicate print from BirgerA today. Wife smiled when I unwrapped it, we both like it a lot. Thanks!

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Glad you liked it.

Ken Nadvornick
06-17-2013, 05:04 PM
So let it be written, so it shall be done...

It's Monday and I just returned from the Post Office. Shipping cost was $22.30 and it's finally on its way.

My status is now SENT, but NOT RECEIVED.

Apologies for all of the delays this round...

Ken

piu58
06-18-2013, 12:04 AM
> Shipping cost was $22.30

That is very much!

anikin
06-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Thank you Ken, I knew you would pull it though :)
We are getting to completion of this round:

SENT:
1 Birger (BirgerA)
2 Nicolas (Dali)
3 Ken (Ken Nadvornick)

NEITHER SENT NOR RECEIVED:
1 Paul (darkroom)

SENT AND RECEIVED (DONE!!!!!):
1 Eugene (anikin)
2 Craig (ccross)
3 Wendy (cepwin)
4 David (djhopscotch)
5 Katie (Katie)
6 Laurent (Laurent)
7 Mark (markbarendt)
8 Michael (mjs)
9 Paul (paul_c5x4)
10 Uwe (piu58)
11 Reed (semi-ambivalent)
12 Tim (tim k)

anikin
06-20-2013, 05:59 PM

That is very much!

Yeah, shipping these days can get through the roof. I've been wondering if we should give participants an option whether to mail their print on the same continent, or world-wide. At least whenever it is possible. I know I like receiving prints from as far away as possible, but these shipping costs might keep some people from participating. Suggestions?

We are getting close to the sign up time for the next exchange. However, my work load these days is going through the roof. I am looking for a volunteer to take over the reigns of the Blind Print Exchange. Any volunteers? I will help as much as I can, of course. On the job training is offered with benefits. I'm not totally sure what the benefits are, but you can figure it out on your own :laugh:

Ken Nadvornick
06-21-2013, 05:01 PM

That is very much!

Yes it is.

But to be fair I have chosen to dry mount and custom cut a matte and backboard for all of my submissions. I then send these in oversized flat boxes with large amounts of padding. This approach does drive up the cost, mostly because of the box size.

Ken

mjs
06-23-2013, 07:54 PM
I received a remarkable photograph from Laurent while I was at Photostock. Thank you, Laurent, for such a lovely photo. It was worth the wait.

Mike

BirgerA
06-29-2013, 09:27 AM
I received Ken's print of raindrops on a window yesterday. It has caught the mood of rainy weather perfectly. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Laurent
06-29-2013, 03:23 PM
I received a remarkable photograph from Laurent while I was at Photostock. Thank you, Laurent, for such a lovely photo. It was worth the wait.

Mike

Thanks, Mike! (I understand why I did not see your comment, as I lokked in the "small print exchange" forum)

mjs
06-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks, Mike! (I understand why I did not see your comment, as I lokked in the "small print exchange" forum)

Did I post my comment in the wrong forum? Crikey -- just like me, sorry about that! Fortunately the photo is still a keeper regardless! :)

Mike

Ken Nadvornick
07-03-2013, 11:12 AM
I received Ken's print of raindrops on a window yesterday. It has caught the mood of rainy weather perfectly. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Uploaded to the General Print Exchange Gallery, here (http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browseimages.php?c=512) is that print.

Ken