PDA

View Full Version : ADOX CHS 100 II in preparation

Pages : 1 2 [3]

StoneNYC
07-23-2013, 12:51 PM
nathan...ilford does the film run once a year in ANY size even one box!!

This is wrong, they have minimum orders of 20+ orders and if that isn't met they don't do that size. But at least they give the option.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneNYC
07-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Are you planning on cutting any to 70mm? If I could get it at about the same price as Macodirect is selling the Rollei then that would be great.

I second this question, 70mm? Double Perforated and NON-perforated? also, 127 format with spools and backing paper?

Any of that possible?

ADOX Fotoimpex
07-23-2013, 04:44 PM
127 format with spools and backing paper?

If we had spools we would make 127 film :-(

70mm: not planned.

StoneNYC
07-23-2013, 05:12 PM
If we had spools we would make 127 film :-(

70mm: not planned.

What about making uncut 46mm spools like Ilford does? We can hand roll.

OR better would be to roll it WITH backing paper as a continuous roll of paper but the emulsion spaced out with notches in the paper where we cut in the dark and can hand roll onto spools without worrying about being off with the emulsion placement and numbers? Possible?

Like this...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/24/zuve5y7e.jpg

polyglot
07-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Was it a single coating run on a single thickness? Is that the reason that 120 will be coming later; are you planning a second batch on a thinner support?

If it was a single thickness base, how thick is it? About 0.007" would be nice, but if it's 0.004" or thinner like the Rollei IR sheets, they're incredibly annoying to handle.

AgX
07-23-2013, 09:59 PM
What about making uncut 46mm spools like Ilford does? We can hand roll.

OR better would be to roll it WITH backing paper as a continuous roll of paper but the emulsion spaced out with notches in the paper where we cut in the dark and can hand roll onto spools without worrying about being off with the emulsion placement and numbers?

That would need new machinery.

Another alternative would be cutting 46mm film rolls and 46mm backing paper and selling both rolls as a set.

StoneNYC
07-24-2013, 12:24 AM
That would need new machinery.

Another alternative would be cutting 46mm film rolls and 46mm backing paper and selling both rolls as a set.

That would be totally awesome!!!

karl
07-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Any pricing info yet?

Looking forward to try some in 8x10.

Curt
07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
& 11x14!

ADOX Fotoimpex
07-24-2013, 04:37 PM
So many questions...

OK, sheet flm is on 170 micron support so no flimsyness here.
35mm and 120 are on 100 micron PET (just like CHS 100 I was).
The reason for the 120 delay is caused by our large slitter needing to be converted to 61,5mm. Takes some time.
The small slitter is not fit for film anymore. We only use this for backing paper now.
46mm would be another adventure. We have no backing paper with the correct numbers printed on.

Mirko

StoneNYC
07-24-2013, 04:44 PM
So many questions...

OK, sheet flm is on 170 micron support so no flimsyness here.
35mm and 120 are on 100 micron PET (just like CHS 100 I was).
The reason for the 120 delay is caused by our large slitter needing to be converted to 61,5mm. Takes some time.
The small slitter is not fit for film anymore. We only use this for backing paper now.
46mm would be another adventure. We have no backing paper with the correct numbers printed on.

Mirko

That makes sense, yea for 46mm if the backing paper could be created with numbers and "cut here" indicator lines (and possibly "film starts here" lines, even if it's on the top part, just so we can place the film on the back in the right place, even marking the space with a paper clip before going in the dark would work if we had a line to go off of printed on the paper, so when hand rolling we wouldn't have to measure, that would be the best!

I know not everything is possible, but if you put the idea out there, it could help the engineers make the right choices.

Thanks this is all exciting news!

Will this plant JUST make this one film? or will you make others available in these specialized sizes eventually? like silvermax for example cut down to 126/46mm or 70mm would be pretty darn awesome!

ADOX Fotoimpex
08-11-2013, 03:22 PM
We have uploaded the techspecs to the CHS 100 II website: http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Films/CHS100_II/index.html

Mirko

StoneNYC
08-11-2013, 10:31 PM
We have uploaded the techspecs to the CHS 100 II website: http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Films/CHS100_II/index.html

Mirko

You should just send me test film ;)

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

madgardener
08-15-2013, 03:42 PM
IF I am reading this correctly, ADOX is only going to release the CHS 100 II for the time being, an ISO 50 (and 25) are being delayed?

If this is the case, I wonder what would happen shooting CHS 100 II at EI 50?

ADOX Fotoimpex
08-19-2013, 03:07 PM
an ISO 50 (and 25) are being delayed?

Delayed is not the correct term. Id rather say its close to a miracle how fast we brought CHS 100 II and other projects, if economically possible, will follow within more realistic timeframes ;-)

Mirko

madgardener
08-19-2013, 03:59 PM
ok, I understand. Thank you for the clarification.

For what we APUGers are asking of your company, you are doing an amazing job doing R&D, and getting out new films out to the public. Hopefully it will be economically feasible, at least for the ISO 50, I really miss that film. That said however, I do intend on purchasing some of the CHS 100 II, and shooting it at EI 50, to see what it does. I am very excited about this. It feels like I am a kid again at Christmas :cool:

Will this film be available in bulk rolls or cassettes only? This is a curiosity question more than anything, since I am getting some regardless.