PDA

View Full Version : The Jobo CPP3 Processor is here! initial review\report

CatLABS
02-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Check out this initial report of the very first sample of a production model CPP3 which has just landed in out warehouse in Jamaica Plain, MA!

http://processorparts.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-jobo-cpp3-is-here.html

Stay tuned for more updates - we will posting as we go through the machine and put it to some real world testing!

Have any questions - let us know!

Sirius Glass
02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks.

I will keep using my CPP2 for now.

Pioneer
02-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Keep posting. It will be interesting to see how this works out and what differences there may be between this and other more mature :D:whistling: machines.

bitnaut
02-22-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm assuming the older lift works with it? Or, is there a new lift design?

Paul Goutiere
02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
I still have my Jobo CPE I bought in the 1980's It still works but it does my heart good to realize I may be able to buy parts or invest in a new one.

Robert Ley
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
The new CPP3 is great news, but I haven't heard much about support for the thousands of older Jobo processors. I have a 1st generation CPA-2 that I would love to upgrade to a new motor as I know that the motor will not last forever. Parts for the older machines are scarce and when you do find them the prices are ridiculous and support is slim to nil. For instance, the prices on used expert drums borders on silly. Anyone heard of some new support from Jobo?

CatLABS
02-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Some answers to posters above:

1. All existing Jobo lift (for CPA\CPP) will work with this machine. The current lift is the same design with minor improvements (see here for details: http://www.catlabs.info/why-do-i-need-a-jobo-lift)

2. Support for Jobo machines is here - http://www.catlabs.info/repair-service
Most parts are available for most machines, and we offer support for ALL Jobo users and analog products, past or present.

3. Upgrades are available, as are replacement motors, fully refurbished machines, used late model CPP2 or CPA2 machines and basically anything you need to keep your processing and or machine going forever.

4. Check out this pre order promotional for a special discount on Expert drums -http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/114867-jobo-cpp3-pre-order-special-50-off-any-expert-drum-through-jan-31-2013-a.html

Expert drums are precision hand crafted, and were never cheap - they are worth every penny!

Stay tuned for a more detailed post of the new machine later today.

CatLABS
02-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Here is a follow up - more detailed report about the new CPP3:
http://processorparts.blogspot.com/2013/02/jobo-cpp3-first-impressions-part-i.html

Pioneer
02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
This is great, thanks.

I have a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway. My darkroom is dry, and all my wet work is done in my spare bathroom. Right now I do all my processing by hand. I would love to try this machine out however, I cannot just set up a processor and leave it lying around in the bathtub for days on end. How easy is will it be to set this up and then take it down for moving to a different spot?

CatLABS
02-23-2013, 06:56 AM
This is great, thanks.

I have a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway. My darkroom is dry, and all my wet work is done in my spare bathroom. Right now I do all my processing by hand. I would love to try this machine out however, I cannot just set up a processor and leave it lying around in the bathtub for days on end. How easy is will it be to set this up and then take it down for moving to a different spot?

The CPP3 itself is very light when it is empty. It only takes a minute or two to fill up and a few seconds to empty (if you just turn it over).
You do not need to hook it up to a water supply which makes this fairly easy to set up - break down and put away.

I personally used to do just that (set up the machine, then break it down and put away) for almost 3 years with a CPA2, which is the same size as the CPP3.

Sirius Glass
02-23-2013, 11:49 AM
The CPP3 itself is very light when it is empty. It only takes a minute or two to fill up and a few seconds to empty (if you just turn it over).
You do not need to hook it up to a water supply which makes this fairly easy to set up - break down and put away.

I personally used to do just that (set up the machine, then break it down and put away) for almost 3 years with a CPA2, which is the same size as the CPP3.

Same here!

Pioneer
02-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Thanks. That is important for me. At some point I hope to transform my rear bedroom (which shares a wall with the spare bathroom) into my darkroom, but that is a ways off so I would be hauling the processor from one room to the other for awhile.

Diapositivo
02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I am not sure you are the right person to whom to ask this question, anyway this is the question:
could you open the Jobo and take a picture of the motor inside it? That would allow people to identify the motor. Maybe that will fit existing CPP2 and other Jobo processors.

I understand that your business is also selling spare parts for Jobo processors, but some people in some distant part of the planet might find information about what motor to fit to their CPP2 quite precious. IIRC there is no consensus on which is a modern motor that could be retrofitted to a Jobo CPP2, and the original motor is now out of production (please correct me if I am wrong, as I hope).

CatLABS
02-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Motors for all CPA2\CPP2 are still available.

Are there still distant parts to this world? we ship worldwide :)