PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment: March/April 2013 "B&W Nudes & Bodyscapes"

Pages : 1 [2] 3

StoneNYC
03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Interesting subject. I think we need a bit of a challenge, so it's a welcome change.

Let me see, you said nudes & bodyscapes, b&w, then skin. Not an issue, but I'm thinking:
nowhere did you say it had to be "human"? :p

Therefore, the field is open to wide interpretation. And interpretation is a big part of what we do here!
Gonna think this one over and crank up the ZI with my preferred B&W film! ;)

;) finally someone gets it! haha

barbara ann
03-08-2013, 06:49 PM
OK it's official, MSA is now "SKIN"

MOD's can you somehow fix this?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Stone. I'm much more comfortable with this topic! We aren't all young and beautiful you know! LOL

StoneNYC
03-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks, Stone. I'm much more comfortable with this topic! We aren't all young and beautiful you know! LOL

A good photographer can make anyone look good ;) but do what is comfortable, however doing what is uncomfortable can lead to new revelations and skills :)

Good luck! I hope someone posts soon, I'm afraid I scared everyone off

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertus
03-09-2013, 04:55 AM
Bodyscape pregnant women in existing window light in the afternoon, older shot from my stock.
Only placed to give this MSA a little body. :D.

StoneNYC
03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Bodyscape pregnant women in existing window light in the afternoon, older shot from my stock.
Only placed to give this MSA a little body. :D.

:) yay first entry! thanks Bertus!

StoneNYC
03-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Just a little *bump* interested to see more submissions :)

ignatiu5
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
First time submitting to the MSA. I've uploaded to the MSA gallery. It wasn't clear from the sticky whether that was more or less preferred over a thumbnail in this thread.

StoneNYC
03-18-2013, 07:16 PM
First time submitting to the MSA. I've uploaded to the MSA gallery. It wasn't clear from the sticky whether that was more or less preferred over a thumbnail in this thread.

Thanks, either is fine, at the end of the time period I'll go through both and pick the winner, won't leave anyone out :)

~Stone

newcan1
03-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Wait a minute...I've been trying to follow this thread...skin, but it does not have to be human...so what about fur? Some non humans' skin is covered with it.

StoneNYC
03-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Wait a minute...I've been trying to follow this thread...skin, but it does not have to be human...so what about fur? Some non humans' skin is covered with it.

If you want to shave your dog and take images of its skin go ahead, the topic is not hair... (Though humans with hair on them are acceptable of course) but you'll have to be really inventive to win an animal skin image over a human skin image. But let's not "split hairs" over this, it's probably cruel to shave your animal to post their skin so please consider that before your submission.

~Stone

viridari
03-21-2013, 09:39 PM
I just got my SUBSCRIBER badge yesterday and a kind soul directed me to this thread as something I might enjoy. Sounds like a fun contest!

StoneNYC
04-14-2013, 02:40 PM
we've had some good recent submissions, and the second month is nearly over, 15 or so days left, so this is a little bump for final submissions! :)

nsouto
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Been tremendously busy at work, only now had time to scan one from this Summer.
Yes, it's naked! Just not what you'd expect.:D

StoneNYC
04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Just a reminder, 2 more days!! get your submissions in!

gandolfi
04-28-2013, 02:29 PM
ok I'll bite..

Don't know why theres so much talk and so few images... but here's a few.. (I'll submit them in my gallery later..)

TheFlyingCamera
04-28-2013, 08:02 PM

So I can't be accused of being NATO (No Action, Talk Only)

StoneNYC
04-29-2013, 09:16 AM

So I can't be accused of being NATO (No Action, Talk Only)

Is that you? Very cool :)

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneNYC
04-29-2013, 09:16 AM
ok I'll bite..

Don't know why theres so much talk and so few images... but here's a few.. (I'll submit them in my gallery later..)

Thanks! Fantastic stuff :)

TheFlyingCamera
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Is that you? Very cool :)

No, not me. A model I worked with a couple weeks ago.

StoneNYC
04-29-2013, 10:59 AM
No, not me. A model I worked with a couple weeks ago.

Ahhh :)