PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Group Print Exchange

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

roteague
10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
If you would like to join in on this round you will need to sign up again by posting a reply to this thread.

I would like to participate. What size prints are needed? Should they be mounted? How about describing the process a bit more; I'm new here so I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.

Joe Symchyshyn
10-15-2004, 03:32 PM
I would like to participate. What size prints are needed? Should they be mounted? How about describing the process a bit more; I'm new here so I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.

I'm new here too, but from the links supplied this is what I understand...

Any size prints
Any style of print
Mounted or unmounted is up to you
(Just give something out that you would be happy to get)

All the participants are divided into groups of 6 maximum. Each person sends 1 print to each person in their group. All the other group members send out their prints as well... You send out 5 of yours and you get 5 from others.

The groups are randomly picked.

Am I wrong?

joe :)

David A. Goldfarb
10-15-2004, 03:38 PM
That's pretty much it.

In the first two exchanges I received all prints smaller than 11x14", some mounted, some not. Personally, I prefer unmounted prints, because they are easier to store, if one participates in frequent print exchanges.

While one may or may not get interesting feedback from the exchange, I mainly do it, because I know I'll push myself a little harder and print to a higher standard if I'm participating in an exchange with other photographers.

jtsatterlee
10-15-2004, 03:45 PM
I will have to pass on this round, the end of the year is crazy for me. (delivery on round 2 was impacted as well).

I will be back for round 4.

Joe Symchyshyn
10-15-2004, 03:45 PM
While one may or may not get interesting feedback from the exchange, I mainly do it, because I know I'll push myself a little harder and print to a higher standard if I'm participating in an exchange with other photographers.

While it would be nice to hear some feedback from people, I think I'm more interested in seeing what others are doing... It's also a great way to collect photographic work from all over the world.

My thought was to keep things unmounted so that the new owner has as much freedom to do with the image as they please. I was also thinking of supplying as much technical information as possible (so that they know what they're looking at if they like the paper, tone, contrast etc...)

I'm good to go...

joe :)

ChuckP
10-15-2004, 05:02 PM
I'd also like to get in on this one.
Chuck Pere

Jim Moore
10-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Round 3 List

Deniz
John McCallum
Ole
Sjixxxy
Nige
Leon
VoidoidRamone
BWGirl
David A. Goldfarb
matt miller
Joe Symchyshyn
mikepry
KenM
mikeb_z5
philldresser
roteague
ChuckP
JMoore
Alex Hawley
galyons
Jeremy Moore

Alex Hawley
10-15-2004, 07:03 PM
I'd like to go for Round 3.

galyons
10-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, I'm in for Round 3. My apologies to my very patient Round 2 Team, my prints are done and will go out this weekend.

Cheers,
Geary

KenM
10-15-2004, 07:37 PM
I think a maximum of 6 per group is too much. Shipping can run almost $15 per print from Canada to the US (more elsewhere), as I only send mounted prints.

I think maximum group size of 4 is better, which is what we had in the first couple of rounds.

Jeremy
10-15-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm in!

Jim Moore
10-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Please forgive my ignorance but how does the exchange work?

RC or fiber?
mounted or unmounted?
Print size?
Do the prints circulate or do individuals exchange prints and keep the one sent to them?

I look at the threads shown here and didn't see any details.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike,

All of the prints that I have received so far have been printed on Fiber and I think that is what most people prefer. I prefer to print on Fiber myself, but have nothing against RC papers.

Mounting is not required. In fact some would prefer to receive prints unmounted. I personally mount all of my prints before they go "out the door".

Print size is up to you.

The prints you receive are yours to keep as the ones you send will remain with the person you send them to.

The bottom line is to send something you would be proud to have hanging in someone elses home.

And above all else, have fun :p

Jim

roteague
10-17-2004, 01:56 PM
The bottom line is to send something you would be proud to have hanging in someone elses home.

Thanks for the clarification. Since I shoot almost exclusively Velvia, my prints will all be in color on Fuji Crystal Archive paper - I don't do my own printing.

Jim Moore
10-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Since I shoot almost exclusively Velvia, my prints will all be in color on Fuji Crystal Archive paper - I don't do my own printing.

That sounds sweet!

Jim

papagene
10-17-2004, 05:52 PM
I am definitely IN!!
How do you choose who's in what group? Just curious.
Thanks.

gene

Jim Moore
10-17-2004, 06:09 PM
I am definitely IN!!
How do you choose who's in what group? Just curious.
Thanks.

gene
Gene,

The groups are determined by a random drawing.

Jim

Jim Moore
10-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Round 3 List

Deniz
John McCallum
Ole
Sjixxxy
Nige
Leon
VoidoidRamone
BWGirl
David A. Goldfarb
matt miller
Joe Symchyshyn
mikepry
KenM
mikeb_z5
philldresser
roteague
ChuckP
JMoore
Alex Hawley
galyons
Jeremy Moore
papagene

photomc
10-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Sorry, been out of town, but will pass on round 3 and hope for round 4..really hate to pass, but ...

10-19-2004, 05:29 AM
I FINALLY got my 2nd round prints away - sorry for the delay guys (no excuse, or even a reason - I'm just rubbish at getting stuff done), so if it's not too late, I can now sign up for round 3 with a clear conscience (ish).

I promise to do better this time...

Ian

SuzanneR
10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I'd like to participate if it's not too late. One quick question, are you expected to send a print of the same image to everyone in the group, or can you send different images?