PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Group Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Ole
12-23-2004, 04:53 PM
... I am diggin' this print exchange.

I have a serious problem here: I'm running out of walls!

About ten years ago I had a firm rule that all pictures on my walls should be my own - shot by me, painted by me, or whatever. Then I met my "significant other", and everything has changed. I couldn't very well pull all her pictures down? Besides we've aquired some pictures we both love very much, and they're staying up. And then there's the print exchange: Not only do I get serious "prestasjonsangst" (fear of insufficiency, but sounds a lot cooler in Norwegian), but I also get a lot of pictures that I just have to put up on the wall somewhere.

So now I'm running out of walls.

It's all your fault, of course :D

SuzanneR
12-23-2004, 07:23 PM
I received Suzanne Revys' print today and gee whiz!! It's just gorgeous. I am diggin' this print exchange.

You made my day! Thanks!!

And Merry Christmas!

Suzanne

Jim Moore
12-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Leon - Matt - Jim - David,
Went to the Post Office today - your prints are in the mail.

gene

My print from Gene arrived today. Very impressive!

Thank you Gene.

Jim

papagene
12-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Jim - You are very welcome.
This print exchange is such a wonderful idea.

gene

Joe Symchyshyn
12-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Mine are packed and will be taken to the post office tomorrow if I get out of my final in time to stop before work.

What a wonderful early Christmas present I received today in the mail... A beautiful piece of art from Jeremy Moore! Thank you so much!

joe :)

Jeremy
12-23-2004, 08:35 PM
What a wonderful early Christmas present I received today in the mail... A beautiful piece of art from Jeremy Moore! Thank you so much!

joe :)

Glad you like it, Joe :)

matt miller
12-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Got your print yesterday Gene. It's beautiful. I enjoyed your story of the Res as well. I printed my exchange photos again last night. They are dry & still look acceptable to me, unlike the last set. I'll get them mounted on Sunday & in the mail early next week (I hope).

Matt

Ole
12-24-2004, 08:49 AM
I received Alex' and Duck's prints today. Then I went into my darkroom to make the prints for both this and another print exchange.

How did "Chuck" turn into "Duck"?

Since nobody saw me typing one-handed with a glass of the falling-down-water in the other, I'll blame the spellchecker:)

Sorry Charles/Chuck, I know you're not a quack!

gr82bart
12-24-2004, 09:31 AM
After reading a bajillion posts about the previous print exchanges, I'd like to join the next one. Looks like a lot of fun and will force me into the darkroom again!

I just remembered that I shoot 99% transparencies - Chromes or SCALA. Hmmm...I'll figure out a way to get good quality prints. I wonder if my 5+ year old P-30 (Cibachrome/Ilfochrome) chemistry is still good?

Or will people accept a hybrid - transparency scan, Photoshopped slightly, but printed on quality printer paper on an Epson 2200?

Just curious.

Art.

Gustavo_Castilla
12-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi I will like to partake on this

papagene
12-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Got your print yesterday Gene. It's beautiful. I enjoyed your story of the Res as well. I printed my exchange photos again last night. They are dry & still look acceptable to me, unlike the last set. I'll get them mounted on Sunday & in the mail early next week (I hope).

Matt

Matt,
Thank you for the compliment and I look forward to receiving your print. This is a blast. I can't wait for the next round. Gotta pick out a worthy neg to print!!

Merry Christmas.

gene

Leon
12-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I got Jim's print today - stunning! it will look great on my wall - thanks.

Alex Hawley
12-24-2004, 12:25 PM
You made my day! Thanks!!

And Merry Christmas!

Suzanne

Suzanne, your print arrived toady. Its quite beautiful and well-done. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jim Moore
12-24-2004, 01:07 PM
I got Jim's print today - stunning! it will look great on my wall - thanks.

Thanks Leon.

I'm glad that it arrived safely and that you like it.

Jim

Jeremy
12-24-2004, 01:08 PM
I have shipped 2 of my prints, but am still waiting for galyon's mailing address. Haven't heard anything at all from him/her.

BWGirl
12-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Well, got my prints posted today! At least 2 of you will think we are sharing a brain or something! haha :D

Got your print, Mike! Nice! BTW...no need to apologize; your print looks great! Thanks!

roteague
12-26-2004, 12:45 PM
I sent two prints off already, but am waiting on one address. I've PM'd him, but no response. I think he is traveling.

mikeb_z5
12-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks Jeanette,

I look forward to receiving yours :)

Mike

Ole
12-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Anyway, I'll try to get it done on Sunday (the 24th is the main day in Norway, the 25th is mainly used for recuperation and detoxification).

Good news! Prints done, and I'm rested and recuperated - and the job I was going to just got postponed! So I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.

I ended up using Bergger Fine Art Silver Supreme - possibly the most expensive of all photo papers. That was the only way to get the deep velvety blacks I felt the image needed. Even if there are many papers with higher Dmax, there is no other paper with the same surface and the same "depth". Except Pt/Pd prints...

roteague
12-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Just a note. I received a beautiful B&W print yesterday afternoon from Sjixxxy. It is my kind of print, a landscape with great tonal range and sharpness; one that I will definitely look at when it comes time for me to do my own B&W work - whenever that is.