PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Group Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

matt miller
12-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Jim, Gene, David, Leon - My prints are finally in the mail. I hope you enjoy.

Matt

Jim Moore
12-28-2004, 01:56 PM

Matt

Sweet! I look forward to receiving it Matt.

Jim

SuzanneR
12-28-2004, 03:35 PM
At last! I have sent off my final print, to Ole. A week later than the rest, but I still made it for the last week in Dember deadline! This has been a really fun experience for me, and I hope we plan another group exchange.

Ole
12-28-2004, 04:15 PM
At last! I have sent off my final print, to Ole. A week later than the rest, but I still made it for the last week in Dember deadline! This has been a really fun experience for me, and I hope we plan another group exchange.

Great! Mine are all wrapped and ready to go - didn't get to the post office today... Hope you like it, I'm sure I'll like yours.

Will PM all of you with the boring technical details about the print - my printer's out of ink again.

David A. Goldfarb
12-29-2004, 08:46 AM

Matt

Thanks, Matt. I don't think I'll be able to get mine out before New Year's, but I should get some time to print in about a week or two.

matt miller
12-29-2004, 09:12 AM
No problem David, I can wait patiently.

Jim Moore
12-29-2004, 08:04 PM
I received a package from Matt today. I won't spoil the surprise for the others in our group and just say Very Nice Matt!

Thank you,

Jim

matt miller
12-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks Jim. I had a lot of fun printing these & getting them sent out and look forward to the next exchange. My favorite part, however, are the prints I get in return. They've been fantastic.

John McCallum
12-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Just a quick note to say Grant's (VoidoidRamone) print arrived today and is superb. Makes great use of the unique characteristics of the grand Holga and I really enjoy it. Thanks Grant.

papagene
12-30-2004, 09:04 PM
I also received Matt's prints today... and I am very pleased with our group. Some very gifted photographers. Thanks Matt.

gene

Leon
12-31-2004, 05:00 AM
Gene - i got your print yesterday - great stuff, lovely texture - thanks.

I've been layed-up with back pain the last week (I know, what a great xmas I've had!!!) but the anti-inflammatories seem to be having an effect now. I hope to get my prints made and out by mid Jan - sorry guys!

papagene
12-31-2004, 02:12 PM
Gene - i got your print yesterday - great stuff, lovely texture - thanks.

Leon - you're very welcome. It was my pleasure. And don't worry about being a little late, I'm a patient man. Just keep taking those happy pills 'til your back gets better.

gene

VoidoidRamone
12-31-2004, 05:12 PM
I received Nige's print yesterday. It looks great. So far I have 2 great additions to my wall. And thanks for the compliments John, I'm glad you like it.
-Grant

matt miller
12-31-2004, 07:11 PM
I also received Matt's prints today... and I am very pleased with our group. Some very gifted photographers. Thanks Matt.

gene

My pleasure Gene. I'm very pleased with our group as well.

SuzanneR
01-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I received Ole's print today! Thank you, what a beautiful photograph, and I love the paper you used. Really great! Excellent work from everybody... I think I got the better end of the deal! Looking forward to the next group exchange. Will there be another one? Thanks to all in my group, Mike, Alex, Chuck and Ole!! Happy New Year!
Cheers,
Suzanne

Alex Hawley
01-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Ole's photo made it here today. To reiterate what Suzanne said; most lovely. Ole, what type of paper did you use?

Ole
01-09-2005, 05:10 AM
Ole's photo made it here today. To reiterate what Suzanne said; most lovely. Ole, what type of paper did you use?

Thank you!

I used Bergger Fine-Art "Portrait", which is one of the about four diiferent designations I've seen for this paper - all Bergger. The emulsion is allowed to soak into the fibers of COT-320 paper, which gives velvet blacks I haven't seen on any other paper. And since this print was going to be essentially all black, I wanted the best ones I could find ;)

With strong selenium toner it deepens considerably without changing colour beyond a very slight warming - so I did that too.

Alex Hawley
01-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Thank you Ole. Its a very interesting paper, one I will keep in mind.

VoidoidRamone
01-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I received Mark's print today, I like the toning a lot. Very nice. I really loved this print exchange, and am looking forward to the next one.
-Grant

BruceN
01-11-2005, 09:01 PM
When will it start, please? I wanna get in on it...