PDA

View Full Version : DIY Dev in Switzerland: requesting chemical help

IloveTLRs
04-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Hello everyone,

I've just relocated to Switzerland, and I want very much to get back into developing my own B&W again. I would like some help in the chemical department. Specifically, how to use and dispose of photo chemicals properly, for example photo developer and fixer.

I know that Europe can be quite strict in regards to chemicals and such, but who would I contact about this? Getting rid of fixer seems to especially important.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Loulou
04-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Where in Switzerland are you located?

IloveTLRs
04-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Where in Switzerland are you located?

For the time being, Berner Oberland

IloveTLRs
04-14-2013, 04:22 AM
Well, I asked at Town Hall and they said chemicals can be brought to a local disposal facility. They will be disposed of free of charge. As I thought, simply dumping things down the drain is strictly forbidden.

Europan
04-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Donít let yourself be intimidated. I had a black-and-white film lab from 1999 to 2008 here in Basel. Feel free to ask questions!

Developing oneís own shots is most rewarding and joyful.

werra
04-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Dumping developer down the drain is forbidden as well?

The Safe New World has arrived, for sure.

AgX
04-14-2013, 09:28 AM
At least at my location it is forbidden: it is considered as waste and waste must not disposed of by the sewer.

Gerald C Koch
04-14-2013, 12:44 PM
A question for those in the EU. Can dandruff shampoos containing selennium such as Selsun Blue or Head and Shoulders be purchased there. If so then worrying about a few amateur phototogrphers dumping developer down the drain seems a particularly mad point to dwell on.

AgX
04-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Gerald, this is what my local waste water officer told me when being approached by me on that matter.
I did not say that any bureaucrat worried about a few amateur photographers...