PDA

View Full Version : Limited Supply of Fuji 45 FP100C Instant Film Will Be Hitting America soon

Helinophoto
04-23-2013, 06:24 AM
I didn't want to post this in product availability, because it can still be regarded as a rumor I suppose, but here you go:

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/04/22/a-limited-supply-of-the-discontinued-fujifilm-4x5-fp100c-instant-film-will-be-hitting-america-soon/

Marc B.
04-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Nice news catch...thanks for the post. At least one person here on APUG will be glad to hear this news.
That poster, (can't remember their name), said at times, they went through a few packs per day on some shoots.
I would suggest that anyone wanting the last of this Fuji, 4X5 instant pack film...better inquire with the NY stores and pre-order(?).

We can only hope that someone like the 'New 55' or 'Impossible' will try to acquire the Fuji, instant pack, 4X5 equipment.

Marc

Brian C. Miller
04-23-2013, 11:16 AM
From which Japanese scrap heap? That equipment is long gone. Actually, I bet 75% of the equipment is still in use, producing the current film packs.

rawhead
04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Depends on the price. You can still purchase FP-100C45 for around $37 a pack in Japan; if they're gonna sell it for much more than that, then it's not worth it (I'm going to Japan in the summer when I plan to stock up). OTOH, if they're gonna sell it for the price that they were going for before the news of its demise, i.e., $25/pack or so, then I'm in line for scores :D

EdSawyer
04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
The killer with the Japan stuff is that after shipping and currency conversion, etc., the price is basically the same as the US Ebay stuff ($50-70/pk.)

I am still hoarding about a dozen packs at least, currently. (2013 exp. dates). but would love to get more... at the normal $30-35/pack price.

rawhead
04-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Currency conversion is nearly neutralized, now that the Yen dropped from around 78 yen to the dollar to almost 100 yen to the dollar in the last several months. Certainly, shipping will kill the deal for small orders but if you were to order, say, 10 packs, you would probably end up paying around $45 or less per pack. Of course, I don't have to worry about that as I'll be throwing my stash in the checked luggage :)

Barry S
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
...I don't have to worry about that as I'll be throwing my stash in the checked luggage :)

True, your worries will only begin after you start shooting the film that got massive doses of x-rays in your checked luggage. :whistling:

Helinophoto
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Well, the second I saw this, I thought that if there were someone interested in this, he/she would certainly be on APUG ^^

Remains to be seen what B&H and others will push it for. :)

rawhead
04-23-2013, 05:33 PM
True, your worries will only begin after you start shooting the film that got massive doses of x-rays in your checked luggage. :whistling:

I've put FP-100C/45 in checked luggage many times; not once were they affected by the X-ray :)

Barry S
04-23-2013, 05:52 PM
I've put FP-100C/45 in checked luggage many times; not once were they affected by the X-ray :)

May the force be with you.

EdSawyer
04-24-2013, 08:55 AM
the best prices I have seen from Japan so far is about $53/pack, before shipping. (Japanexposures.com).

Rawhead, you should bring back as much as you can afford, I am sure you could make it worth your while over here. I know i'd be up for some more.