PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bit 'Rude' ?

Pages : 1 [2]

paul_c5x4
05-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Now that reference to the "old Esther Sunday night show" really ages you and me.

<phttt> Been watching some old clips on youtube and iplayer :p

Truzi
05-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Even though I am not a fan of of butternut squash, I'd not consider it rude.

MattKing
05-07-2013, 01:46 AM
I don't think it is rude ...

But for some reason, I've a desire to create a limerick.

pentaxpete
05-07-2013, 04:15 AM
Many thanks for all your Great Replies !! Even a Poem ! I will support this part of the site more -- although I support the 'Groups; I never get any replies ! Peter PS it's SUNNY here at LAST !

dpurdy
05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
There is quite a lot of work called "Rude Food" or "Rude Fruit". It has become a category of it's own. Butternut squash has been used a lot. It is all done in humor. There is even at least one book out on such images. When someone said your photo was a bit rude he probably was referencing the cliche of rude food. Of course the orange pepper is perfectly placed to look like testicles to the erect penis squash. The red pepper I guess is red hair? Is it offensive? Probably to someone. It would seem more a joke to most. Is it rude? Yes in that it fits in that whole group of rude food photos. Maybe APUG should make a special gallery for rude food photos so we can all have fun with it. Maybe an APUG group should be created for lovers of rude food.
Dennis

pentaxpete
05-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Dennis : What a good idea !! You can EAT the 'Sitters; afterwards too -- these made a nice SOUP !