PDA

View Full Version : Looking for film photographers

istillshootfilm
05-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Hello everyone! I run a blog called I Still Shoot Film (http://istillshootfilm.org), which is (obviously) all about film photography. ISSF features a wide array of photographers from around the world, plus guides, articles and product reviews. We are currently looking for contributors which includes (but is not at all limited to):

- film photo submissions
- guest posts
- portfolio submissions

Anyone who is interested, please feel free to have a look at the site here: I Still Shoot Film (http://istillshootfilm.org) and the submission guidelines here: Submit Your Film Photos - I Still Shoot Film (http://istillshootfilm.org/submit)

Or feel free to shoot me an email at istillshootfilm@gmail.com if you have any questions :)

horacekenneth
05-06-2013, 03:11 PM
I've enjoyed your blog for a while, thanks.

cliveh
05-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I have a bit of a problem with the title "I still shoot film", as I don't feel even the title "I shoot film" is something I need to mention or justify.

Jeff Kubach
05-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Looks good!

Jeff

jbridges
05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
nice site. lots of interesting work.

Worker 11811
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I have a bit of a problem with the title "I still shoot film", as I don't feel even the title "I shoot film" is something I need to mention or justify.

I was going to say something along those lines but you beat me to it.

I avoid saying the phrase, to my wife, "I still love you," because the word "still" implies that I might have stopped loving her at some point in time. I love my wife. I don't need to prove it by using affirmatives.

Using the phrase, "I still shoot film," has the same implication. I shoot photographs. I just happen to use film to do it.

I will use film until there is no more film to use. Even then, I will give serious consideration to making my own. If I had the time and money, I would start learning now but, being seriously underemployed, budgetary considerations are hindering that effort.

Until the financial situation changes, I simply specialize in film photography.

hoffy
05-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Ohhhh FFS - either join or don't join. Please don't rubbish ISSF and the name of the blog. Any promotion of the joys of shooting film can only be a good thing.

ISSF, good work and keep it up. I have noticed there are a few blogs like yours committed to the use of film popping up. Its good to see and an encouraging way to promote shooting film

Cheers

PS - don't be a stranger - hate for you to be a 1 post wonder, with the only thing you do on this forum is promoting your blog!

Worker 11811
05-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I still love you, too, honey. ;)

hoffy
05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
I still love you, too, honey. ;)

Whats for dinner? And don't forget to wear that little number I bought you last week :D

Worker 11811
05-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Bring a bottle of champagne and I'll wear whatever you like. ;)

I will check out the blog and likely participate. The point I make is matter-of-fact. I make photographs. Film photographs. Always have. Always will.

pbromaghin
05-06-2013, 11:56 PM
I was going to say something along those lines but you beat me to it.

I avoid saying the phrase, to my wife, "I still love you," because the word "still" implies that I might have stopped loving her at some point in time. I love my wife. I don't need to prove it by using affirmatives.

Using the phrase, "I still shoot film," has the same implication. I shoot photographs. I just happen to use film to do it.

Awww, C'mon. You know we're a bunch of weirdos here. Sad as it may be, we do need to justify our fetish for film.

Worker 11811
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Photography and specializing in film is probably one of the most normal things about me.

heterolysis
05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Look at it this way instead---"still" also suggests that something never changed from its original state.

I'm still male.
I'm still aging.
I still dream of marrying Charlize Theron.
I still use modern technology to post/discuss pictures I have taken on old-fashioned formats.

istillshootfilm
05-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Glad to see some of you are interested in participating!

The name comes from the fact that when I started the blog almost 6 years ago, it was all my own photography. Over time it's evolved into an awesome community of film lovers. I hope that whether you like the name or not, the content will inspire you to shoot more film ;)

mark
05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Ohhhh FFS - either join or don't join. Please don't rubbish ISSF and the name of the blog. Any promotion of the joys of shooting film can only be a good thing.

ISSF, good work and keep it up. I have noticed there are a few blogs like yours committed to the use of film popping up. Its good to see and an encouraging way to promote shooting film

Cheers

PS - don't be a stranger - hate for you to be a 1 post wonder, with the only thing you do on this forum is promoting your blog!

Thank you Hoffy. Attitudes like you are responding too have made this place antogonistic and exude a level of arrogance people do not want to deal with.

I also appreciate your PS.

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
05-07-2013, 12:21 PM
I understand some people's concern on the name and their reasons but many young people getting into photography the last few years, and with the barrage of marketing of new "miracle" digicams and the now now now hype around photography I think the title is quite appropriate.

zsas
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Wonderful blog OP!

Hoffy - If I ever make it to AU, I'd love to buy you a beer! Thanks for sticking up for folks. People like you who stand up are to be commended.

To the Debbie-Downers who feel the need to knock the OP's blog title/rationale/etc.....please go to Blogger and start your own blog. I am sure your blog "Photography" or "I love Photography" will sure stand out amongst all the rest with a nice sterile name.

waynecrider
05-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Some nice images, especially Ian's.

Don't particularly care for the terms of service. No thank you. More then happy tho to view the images.

istillshootfilm
05-07-2013, 03:49 PM
I know, those are Tumblr's terms of service... unfortunately part of using the platform.