PDA

View Full Version : New here - asking strangers to pose for you

Pages : 1 [2]

mark
05-14-2013, 12:21 PM
What has worked for me is being a regular. I used to go to a bar and was a regular on Wednesday and Thursday. I never drank. Ate, played pool, but never drank. Being sober helped. People seem to be more comfortable when you are a regular.

pbromaghin
05-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Move to Denmark , I am learning from gallery , there is lots of beatiful nudes there. Better to photograph a nüde than a photo lab guy.

I'm still waiting to see the nudie of that Minister of Culture. You just KNOW there has to be one.

Daily Alice
05-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Wow, thanks for all the advice, everyone, I really appreciate it! I was reminded of the time I was taking a hike with my dogs a few years ago. I had with me an old box camera I picked up for a few dollars at an antique store when I ran into a best-selling author hiking with *her* dog. She stopped me because she was curious about the camera, and she wound up letting me take a couple photos of her and her dog. So I'll be sure to make my camera a little more obvious next time I'm out and about (I usually keep it in my purse or a camera bag).

I did ask a few acquaintances if they'd consider posing for me, and they said yes! So it looks like I'll be able to practice portraiture this summer after all. :)