PDA

View Full Version : San Diego APUG Meeting

Fixcinater
05-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Let's figure out where everyone is before we set up a meeting location. I'd think something setup for end of this month/first part of June would be do-able, but I'm not sure if others can fit 1-2 hrs into their schedule that easily.

Please give these details so we can hone in on good times/locations:

My location:
My best days of week for meeting:

Desired format of meeting:

Print Exchange/Compare
Road trip/Field Trip to make images
Gear fondling/Tech Session
Darkroom Session/Show-n-Tell
Portrait/Studio Session
Just get a beverage and meet everybody

Anything I missed?

ColdEye
05-16-2013, 05:36 PM
My location: Mira Mesa
Best days: weekends or after 4 during weekdays

roadtrip or print exchange would be nice :)

jimjm
05-16-2013, 07:01 PM
My location: Mission Hills
Best days: Weekends and Mon any time; Tues-Fri after 7:00 PM

Meet & Greet for a brew or coffee is good - always fun if everyone brings a few prints to show what they're doing.
Gotta bring at least one camera for gear talk! :D

ntenny
05-16-2013, 10:27 PM
I live in Poway and work near UTC. My schedule is pretty unpredictable but weekends are usually good.

-NT

mesantacruz
05-17-2013, 03:16 AM
Hello, everyone, glad this is underway.

my location is banker's hill (left side of Balboa).

weekends are great and weekday afternoon (except mondays).

Fixcinater
05-21-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm in Normal Heights and weekends are good for me too. Any suggestions for locations? Looks like we have two folks from up north and the rest pretty close to downtown.

Let's pencil in for June 9th.

mesantacruz
05-23-2013, 05:57 PM
June 9th sounds good... are we going to be trading/showing prints? as for a location, depends on what we do.

Fixcinater
05-24-2013, 11:23 AM
I'd vote for a print show for the first meet, then next time we can do a print swap. I know I'll have some difficulty getting a solid NEW print done before this proposed date (so I'll just bring a couple from the archive that I wouldn't want to trade).

I'd vote for a brewpub/brewery, maybe somewhere like Green Flash Brewing (http://www.greenflashbrew.com/) on Miramesa Blvd?

jimjm
05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Great! June 9th anytime works for me. I've been printing for the past few weeks so I'll have something to show.

Jim Martin

Fixcinater
05-31-2013, 12:13 PM
How does 2PM sound for everybody?

Green Flash, or does anybody have alternate suggestions?

jimjm
06-01-2013, 01:01 AM
2 PM on the 9th works for me. For future get-togethers we may want to alternate between the downtown SD area and North County, depending on where everyone is based. I'd also be able to host occasional meetings at my place in Mission Hills, as we have a studio/darkroom space downstairs.

If there's sufficient turnout for this APUG group, I may also be able to obtain the use of meeting facilities at the Photo Arts building in Balboa Park. I was President of one of the photo clubs there for several years and still judge for some of their competitions. I know a number of "refugees" from the clubs who shoot film, but all of the clubs are now geared towards digital shooters so there's nowhere to go if you're into film. It'd be nice to have a group focused on analog photography...

Cheers!

Jim Martin

mesantacruz
06-01-2013, 10:46 AM
sounds good to me!

Fixcinater
06-08-2013, 08:20 PM
See you all tomorrow!