PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Dublin from the US

Pages : 1 [2]

martinhughesireland
05-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Would echo what the Irish guys above have said. Between John Gunns camera shop and www.thephotoshop.ie you should find all the things that you need. I also use from time to time but not that much anymore www.macodirect.de.

The UK online shops mentioned in a previous post I haven't used in a good while as some of them don't ship liquid chemicals outside of the UK and their minimum order amount and shipping charges are a little too expensive.

Theres a good group of us that get together a few times a year to show prints and take pictures etc. Feel free to join us once you get settled.

Martin

seoirse
05-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Chris,

It will be great to have another APUG member visit us for an extended (permananet ? :D) stay.

Looking forward to meeting you.

When do you hope to arrive?

Regards,
George.

white.elephant
05-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Welcome to Dublin Chris, hopefully you will make it along to one of our meets sometime soon.

Gerry

Thank you very much. I'll keep you informed. We'll be there by mid-July, I think.

white.elephant
05-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Would echo what the Irish guys above have said. Between John Gunns camera shop and www.thephotoshop.ie you should find all the things that you need. I also use from time to time but not that much anymore www.macodirect.de.

The UK online shops mentioned in a previous post I haven't used in a good while as some of them don't ship liquid chemicals outside of the UK and their minimum order amount and shipping charges are a little too expensive.

Theres a good group of us that get together a few times a year to show prints and take pictures etc. Feel free to join us once you get settled.

Martin

Martin

This is very helpful, thanks. I look forward to joining you.

white.elephant
05-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Chris,

It will be great to have another APUG member visit us for an extended (permananet ? :D) stay.

Looking forward to meeting you.

When do you hope to arrive?

Regards,
George.

George, I expect to be there by mid-July. I am coming over late June to arrange a place to live.

It may be permanent if things work out.

There are so many details, moving across the ocean is much more complicated than moving across the city.

fran
08-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Be good to have you white.elephant!!

Speaking of which, maybe we should throw out a few dates for an autumn meet up!

fran